122Sivananda Day-to-day (124)

    Feb 5, 2000
      Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 21:17:30 -0500
      From: Rob Wilhelm <rwilhelm@...>
      To: Divine Life Society <rwilhelm@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (124)

      Om namo Bhagavate Krishnanandaya!

      Namaste!

      The DLS Maryland branch web site has links to information about this years
      Christmas retreat and the upcoming Global International Divine Life Society
      Millenium conference. The link is located at
      http://www.dlsmd.com/events/updates.htm We will continue to post
      information as
      it becomes available.

      Yours in service of Gurudev,

      Rob

      PRIVATE TALK WANTED!: One by one the devotees came, prostrated before the
      Master and took their seats. Sri Santosh brought some of her friends for his
      Darshan.

      "Swamiji, this gentleman wants to have a private talk with you," said Santosh.

      "Private talk? All must go out from here then, except myself and that person,
      is it not so? God also should not be here!"

      All burst into laughter!

      When a man laughs, people seldom ask why he is laughing. On the other hand when
      a man cries, everybody asks why he is crying. This shows that our essential
      nature is bliss. No one wants misery, but everyone want happiness, and all
      one's activities in life are directed towards the acquisition of happiness.
      This also proves that our real nature is bliss. In deep sleep when there are no
      objects, senses or mind, we feel bliss; hence our essential nature should be
      bliss. That again is the reason why people ailing from painful maladies even
      desire to give up their bodies and thus get rid of the pain. --Swami Sivananda