120Sivananda Day-to-day (122)

    Feb 3, 2000
      Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 18:02:43 -0500
      From: Rob Wilhelm <rwilhelm@...>
      To: Divine Life Society <rwilhelm@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-day (122)

      IS THIS DISPASSION?: Sri Swami X. came with letters for the Master's
      signature. Along with them he placed a note in which he had written some of
      his requirements.

      "Ohji, you need not write them on a piece of paper and give it to me. Tell
      me your wants straightaway," said the Master.

      "I asked the secretary but he refused; so I came to you, Swamiji."

      "That is all right. I will give you some money. You yourself may go and get
      the things."

      "No, Swamiji, I will not touch money. I want only in kind."

      "H'm! Money you won't touch; at the same time you will fight also, is it
      not?" exclaimed the Master.

      We are radiant centres of divinity, and therefore our life should be a
      constant expression, a dynamic manifestation of divinity in thought, word
      and action. We should live life in order to manifest our divinity in all
      that we do, in all the movements and actions of our life. Then alone our
      life is authentic, genuine, true. Otherwise it will only be an anomaly of
      life. If we are divine within but our life outside is undivine,
      unspiritual, ugly, full of all that contradicts our divinity, then that is
      not life. It is a living falsehood, a living lie. It is a contradiction.
      --Swami Chidananda

      please send a message to rwilhelm@...