114Sivananda Day-to-Day (116)

    Jan 28, 2000
      Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 19:26:04 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam <pannir@...>
      To: The Divine Life Family <pkanagar@...>
      Subject: Sivananda Day-to-Day (116)

      We uploaded two articles by Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj in
      celebration of Hanuman Jayanthi (birthday) on March 31st. The first
      article is titled "Hanuman Jayanthi" and the second is titled "Sri
      Hanuman". The first article is a brief account on the life of Sri Hanuman
      and how to celebrate Sri Hanuman's birthday. The second article is a more
      detailed account of the life of Sri Hanuman. These articles are at:

      This month's discourse is a very inspiring Vedantic discourse by Gurudev
      Sri Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj. The title of the discourse is "Unity in
      Diversity". Just reading the article will put one into a state of
      Vedantic meditation. This article is at:

      We have a new page consisting of digital images of photographs taken by
      devotees. These wonderful gifts are being shared with all devotees at:

      Gurudev's book "Thought Power" is now available in HTML as well at:

      A discourse titled "The Cosmic Mystery" has been uploaded to Sri Swami
      Krishnanandaji Maharaj's website under the 'Discourse' link. In this
      illuminating discourse, Swamiji clearly explains to us the nature of Maya.
      Swamiji's website is at:

      Yours in the service of Gurudev,

      THE MASTER'S WIT: "Sushila, do you get angry with your patients?" the
      Master asked.

      "No, Swamiji. Those who come to me as my patients are all railway
      officers. So I cannot get angry with them."

      Turning to Chandravati, the Rani of Gaya, the Master said, "Chandravati,
      you get angry with your servants, is it not so?"

      All burst into laughter!

      "Help the world by good thoughts. Like attracts like. If you entertain an
      evil thought, that thought attracts all sorts of evil thoughts from other
      people. You pass on those thoughts to others also. Thought moves. Thought
      is a living dynamic force. Thought is a thing. If you allow your mind to
      dwell on a sublime thought this thought will attract good thoughts from
      others. You pass on that good thought to others. You pollute the world
      with your bad thoughts." - Swami Sivananda