11Sivananda Day-to-Day (12)

    Sep 6, 1999

      Namaste (I bow to the Divine in you)

      The Messages link has been updated with two new messages. The first is
      "Advice to Businessmen" and the second is "The Royal Science of
      Brahma-Vidya". In the first article, Gurudev Sri Swami Sivanadaji Maharaj
      explains the secrets of running a successful business and in the second
      article Gurudev compares and contrasts Yogic science and the physical
      sciences. The URL of the messages link is:
      http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/divine/messages/messages.htm

      In this month's discourse, "Path to Self-Realisation", Gurudev Sri Swami
      Chidanandaji Maharaj tell us why we should aspire for God-Realisation.

      TRY AGAIN AND AGAIN: In reply to a visitor's request for instructions
      the Master said, "Complain not. If you do not receive food or tea do not
      complain. If anybody abuses you, remain silent like a block of stone."

      The Master questioned another disciple, "Is it impossible to remain silent
      when abused?"

      He continued, "Fear not, despair not. Move fearlessly. March like a
      hero. Detach, attach. D.I.N.-do it now. T.I.N.-try it now. K.I.V."

      Explaining T.I.N., which was a comparatively new addition to his
      aphoristic, abbreviated instructions, the Master said again, "T.I.N.-try
      it now."

      On hearing it, Sri Zal Mathaji replied, "Even after trying one does not
      get satisfaction."

      "If there is no satisfaction," said the Master, "try again. Try again and
      again. Remember the story of Bruce and the Spider. I think Bruce failed
      nine times. Even if you fail ninety times, you should try again."

      "To attain union with God be humble like a blade of grass, simple like a
      child, and love the Lord like Gopis." - Swami Sivananda