Why You Should Strive to Create More Than Just Back Links

  • Trey Pennewell
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2006
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Trey Pennewell
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * sitesandzines@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============

      Why You Should Strive to Create More Than Just Back Links

      Article Description:
      ====================

      I read a message on a forum the a while back where a new
      webmaster was asking for suggestions regarding article
      submissions to create back links. The person asked how long the
      articles should be, how many hyperlinks to include, and other
      questions about article submissions. I was quite surprised by
      some of the responses that this poster received.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2006-08-29 11:24:00

      Written By: Trey Pennewell
      Copyright: 2006
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      For more free-reprint articles by Trey Pennewell, please visit:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Trey_Pennewell

      If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
      We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
      us know where you have used this article, and we will
      include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=3448&p=load

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/create-more-than-back-links.shtml#get_code

      Why You Should Strive to Create More Than Just Back Links
      Copyright � 2006 Trey Pennewell
      Links And Traffic
      http://www.LinksAndTraffic.com

      I read a message on a forum the a while back where a new
      webmaster was asking for suggestions regarding article
      submissions to create back links. The person asked how long the
      articles should be, how many hyperlinks to include, and other
      questions about article submissions. I was quite surprised by
      some of the responses that this poster received.

      What Sort of Advice Was Given...

      It was actually recommended that articles only need to be 250
      words long and that the person asking the question should include
      4-5 hyperlinks. Another person suggested to write a 500-word
      article and to include many hyperlinks, because the only purpose
      of the articles were to create back links.

      There is some truth to this... A person could write a short
      article and get it submitted to many article directories. And,
      simply generating back links is one way that a webmaster can
      increase his or her position in the search engine rankings.

      But, writing a 250-word article will probably not result in that
      webmaster being considered an expert on the topic that he or she
      is writing about.

      Experts In Their Fields

      Taking the time to create an informative and helpful article will
      help a person to be considered an expert in his or her field.
      Imagine for a moment if some of the most famous names on the
      Internet were to only write brief articles to generate back
      links. Would Matt Cutts (http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/) receive
      the recognition that he does if he just scribbled a few sentences
      here and there? Would Joel Comm (http://www.joelcomm.com/) be
      considered an Adsense expert without writing informative how-to
      articles and books for those wanting to make money from Adsense?
      Would you know or care who Robin Nobles
      (http://www.searchengineworkshops.com/) was if she did not create
      in-depth articles about search engine optimization? Would you
      even be bothering to read this article?

      You can generate a bit of traffic by creating back links by
      hammering out low-quality articles. But, if you want to be known
      as an expert, you need to take a different approach and provide
      the quality information people are seeking. If you have
      information and expertise that others are unable to find on the
      Internet, then you will get many more visitors as a result of
      writing an article.

      If you are looking for more than simple back links to your site,
      then it is worth it to take the time to write a high-quality
      article. A high quality article, that is written with the reader
      in mind --- not the search engines --- is more likely to actually
      get clicks (human visitors) into your site. This is what
      separates the very successful webmasters from those who are
      simply getting by.

      To be known as an expert or an authority in your area requires
      articles and information that human beings will actually read.
      After reading this kind of article, a person will think to
      himself "This author has the information that I am looking for"
      and the reader will then visit the writer's website.

      How To Succeed With Article Marketing

      A well-written article can be submitted to literally thousands of
      publishers of ezines, newsletters, and free reprint article sites
      and can result in dozens and sometimes hundreds of back links for
      a website. Now, not every publisher will pick up your article,
      but for the ones that do, you get a back link. More important
      than the back links though is the number of people that will cite
      your article, forward it to their friends, and reference it in
      their own articles that they are distributing.

      These high-quality articles are how a webmaster becomes known as
      an "authority" on a topic. When you write for the reader and
      offer something of real value, you will reap the rewards with a
      huge influx of traffic to your website.

      How To Fail With Article Marketing

      Generalized junk articles that are filled with hyperlinks and
      self promotion will only result in a few back links, and people
      who actually read those less-than-quality articles are not very
      likely to ever visit your site.

      Poorly written articles are also unlikely to get published in
      ezines and newsletters where you can reach potentially thousands
      of readers in a single day.

      The worst thing about the low-quality junk articles is that if
      people do read them, they might always think of you as a "junk
      peddler", and most people don't buy from people whom they
      perceive as "junk peddlers".

      As a webmaster, you need to decide for yourself what goals you
      have in mind for your article submission campaign. If you limit
      yourself to only generating back links, you will not see the full
      potential of visitors and traffic that you could be getting to
      your website.

      A Final Thought...

      An article that is good enough to wind up on sites like
      http://www.About.com can give you a huge and consistent growth in
      traffic for some time to come. Articles that are picked up by
      large newsletters like http://www.SiteProNews.com can deliver
      thousands of visitors to your website in a day, add to your
      credentials as an "authority" website, and will create a
      situation where your website is one of the first places that
      people turn to for information in your field.

      The bottom line is that if you write for the human reader instead
      of the search engines, you will be rewarded with many more
      visitors, and you can gain an authority status among your
      visitors.

      The choice is yours. You can spend an extra hour or two creating
      a high-quality article that will be published on more websites
      creating more back links to your website, establish you as an
      authority in your field, and allow you to see thousands of
      visitors in a day when your article is published in one or a
      dozen ezines. Or you can save the extra hour or two and pray that
      your limited efforts will amount to anything of real value.

      Trey Pennewell is a writer who creates articles that will be used
      to develop links for the clients of the Links And Traffic.com
      inbound link development services. Trey even practices what he
      preaches - his own articles have appeared on hundreds of great
      quality websites. Trey writes on several topics that are related
      to the target markets of Links And Traffic customers. Feel free
      to use this article on your website, so long as all links remain
      clickable. http://www.LinksAndTraffic.com

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/create-more-than-back-links.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Trey Pennewell can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

      and opinion of its author, Trey Pennewell

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2007
[...]

        Distribution Date and Time: 2007-01-09 10:24:00

        Written By: Trey Pennewell
        Copyright: 2006-2007
        Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

        For more free-reprint articles by Trey Pennewell, please visit:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/d/index.shtml#Trey_Pennewell

        If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
        We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
        us know where you have used this article, and we will
        include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

        http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=3448&p=load

        Versions Of Article Are Available at:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/create-more-than-back-links.shtml#get_code

        Why You Should Strive to Create More Than Just Back Links
        Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Trey Pennewell

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
[...]

          Distribution Date and Time: 2009-01-27 12:12:00

          Written By: Trey Pennewell
          Copyright: 2006-2009

          http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/trey-pennewell.html

          If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
          We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
          us know where you have used this article, and we will
          include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

          http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=3448&p=load

          Versions Of Article Are Available at:
          http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/create-more-than-back-links.shtml#get_code

          Why You Should Strive to Create More Than Just Back Links
          Copyright (c) 2006-2009 Trey Pennewell
[...]

          Trey Pennewell is a writer, who writes about online marketing.
          Learn more about our Pay For Results SEO services at:
          http://www.linksandtraffic.com/seo-services/search-marketing.html
          Trey also manages article approvals at the free article
          directory located at: http://www.techcentralpublishing.com

          --- END ARTICLE ---

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2012
            A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Trey Pennewell

            Article Title:
            Why You Should Strive to Create More Than Just Back Links

            Article Description:
            I read a message on a forum the a while back where a new
            webmaster was asking for suggestions regarding article
            submissions to create back links. The person asked how long the
            articles should be, how many hyperlinks to include, and other
            questions about article submissions. I was quite surprised by
            some of the responses that this poster received.

            Additional Article Information:
            ===============================

            Distribution Date and Time: 2012-12-11 12:00:00

            Written By: Trey Pennewell
            Copyright: 2006-2012
            Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

            For more free-reprint articles by Trey Pennewell, please visit:
            http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/trey-pennewell.html

            Versions Of Article Are Available at:
            http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/create-more-than-back-links.shtml#get_code

            Why You Should Strive to Create More Than Just Back Links
            Copyright (c) 2006-2012 Trey Pennewell
            Writing Puzzle
            http://WritingPuzzle.com/

[...]

            Subscribe to the Traffic Tips (http://writingpuzzle.com/pub/subscribe.php) mailing list and get a 25-page PDF that teaches how to get more traffic from Google. Then, go to http://WritingPuzzle.com/ to find training guides for writers and article marketers. Trey Pennewell has been creating content for the Internet since 2005.

            --- END ARTICLE ---

            http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/create-more-than-back-links.shtml#get_code

            TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
            (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

            The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

            *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

            Hyperlinks (clickable links).

            within the article.

            *** Author Notification ***

            or her work. Trey Pennewell can be reached at:
            comments@...

            for Print Permission at:
            mailto:comments@...

            Article Marketing Ebook at: