List Building Tips For The Affiliate Marketer

  • Titus Hoskins
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2010
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Titus Hoskins

      Article Title:
      List Building Tips For The Affiliate Marketer

      Article Description:
      List building is one simple marketing strategy any affiliate
      marketer can use to increase traffic and sales. But there
      are a few simple things you can do to make your list
      building and affiliate marketing much more effective, find
      out what they are by reading this article.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2010-12-14 11:00:00

      Written By: Titus Hoskins
      Copyright: 2010
      Contact Email: mailto:contact@...

      Titus Hoskins's Picture URL:
      http://www.titushoskins.com/webme2.JPG

      For more free-reprint articles by Titus Hoskins, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/titus-hoskins.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/h/affiliate-list-building-tips.shtml#get_code

      List Building Tips For The Affiliate Marketer
      Copyright (c) 2010 Titus Hoskins
      Bizware Magic
      http://www.bizwaremagic.com/

      If you're into affiliate marketing you will probably already
      know how important list building is to your overall success.
      However, I sometimes get the feeling from close examination of my
      competitor's sites that list building takes a back seat in their
      site layout and design. One also gets the general feeling that
      list building is not as important as it once was, especially in
      the early days of online marketing before the advent of so many
      social media/networking sites.

      Granted for the ordinary webmaster, in the age of Twitter,
      Facebook and YouTube, building your own personal autoresponder
      lists have taken a backseat to these social networking sites
      which obviously builds your subscriber list for you. But these
      are third-party sites controlling your subscribers and while they
      more or less eliminates the whole notion of unwanted spam, they
      do present issues regarding the use of these lists.

      Coming from the old school of marketing, I realized the
      importance of my lists from the start. I also realized the most
      difficult part of building a list was not getting the
      subscribers, but connecting in some way with them and building
      trusting relationships with lists in the tens of thousands is not
      an easy thing to accomplish.

      List building in regards to affiliate marketing is of special
      interest to me since I am a full-time affiliate marketer and
      anything which makes my job easier I will try. Like most
      affiliate marketers, I have created niche sites dealing with the
      products and services which I promote. One major component of
      these sites is the list building element. On almost all my sites
      I try to capture my visitor's contact information to give
      follow-up information which lets me market to these subscribers
      in a very subtle way.

      The important thing here is to offer free ebooks, guides or
      e-courses in order to capture this contact information before
      these customers are sent along to the merchant's site. This is
      the "old squeeze page" which many online marketers use in order
      to build their own list of potential prospects for their offers.

      This must be a "win-win" situation for everyone involved so I
      like connecting these lists to special sales, coupons and deals
      which are offered by the merchants. These customers can get
      $100's off the price of the products featured so that they end
      up with a good deal and you end up with a sale.

      All this couldn't be possible if you didn't build your list of
      targeted clients or customers looking for the products you're
      promoting. List building in this area has proven very effective
      for my affiliate marketing, so effective I try to put my
      subscriber form or box on all my webpages. So if you're an
      affiliate marketer who is sending your visitors directly to your
      merchant's site, think again, and see if building or capturing
      your visitor's contact information is worth your while? If done
      properly, this can be an excellent way of increasing your sales
      and commissions.

      Another form of list building which I believe too many affiliate
      marketers take for granted is the powerful little "cookie". For
      those not in the business, a cookie is simply a piece of code
      which identifies your referrals as belonging to you or your
      affiliate ID, if a sale is made immediately or for any time in
      the future you will get credit for the sale because you referred
      the customer or client.

      Now, the trick here is to pick affiliate products and programs
      which have a 90 Day Cookie or more; if a sale is made in those 90
      days you get credit for the sale. The longer the length the
      better, there are even some products and companies which give
      life-time cookies.

      Why is this so important you ask?

      Well, if you have a popular site you can quickly build up a long
      list of potential customers cookied with your affiliate IDs. The
      larger the list, the more sales you will make. Affiliate
      marketing is a numbers game, the more numbers you have, the
      easier it is to succeed. I have found this so profitable that I
      try to "cookie" all the lists I build in the process mentioned
      above, so that all these potential customers have my affiliate
      IDs attached.

      So it doesn't take a genius to realize, used in combination,
      this can be an extremely profitable form of list building which
      every affiliate marketer should be doing if they haven't already
      figured out this simple marketing strategy. Build your lists,
      cookie your lists, and then sit back and reap the rewards.

      If you want to find out more about list building, why try
      this handy eCourse: http://www.bizwaremagic.com/opt-in.htm
      Or if you want to find out more about affiliate marketing
      try here: http://www.marketingtoolguide.com/
      Copyright (c) 2010 Titus Hoskins. This article may be
      freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/h/affiliate-list-building-tips.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Titus Hoskins can be reached at:
      contact@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:contact@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * sitesandzines@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Titus Hoskins
      http://www.bizwaremagic.com/