Four Tips For Creating An Effective Authors' Resource Box

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

      Article Title:
      Four Tips For Creating An Effective Authors' Resource Box

      Article Description:
      In article marketing, there are many factors that will
      affect your articles' ability to promote your website in
      the most effective manner. In this article, we will briefly
      discuss a couple those factors, before we dive into how to
      create an effective Authors' Resource Box, also known as
      the About The Author Information.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2010-02-03 10:15:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2010
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/effective-authors-resource-box.shtml#get_code

      Four Tips For Creating An Effective Authors' Resource Box
      Copyright (c) 2010 Bill Platt
      the Phantom Writers
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/

      In article marketing, there are many factors that will affect
      your articles' ability to promote your website in the most
      effective manner. In this article, we will briefly discuss a
      couple those factors, before we dive into how to create an
      effective Authors' Resource Box, also known as the About The
      Author Information.

      Before the Authors' Resource Box

      Hands down, the most important element of a successful article is
      its title. Your title must serve three masters: the publisher,
      the reader, and the search engines.

      Before anyone can see your article, you must attract the interest
      of a publisher. Your title will determine how many publishers
      open your article, in the process of determining whether your
      article will answer the needs of his or her readers.

      Unless a publisher decides to publish your article, your article
      will be forever confined to a few article directories - very few
      article directories have any real traffic, beyond the writers who
      go to that site to get their own articles submitted.

      Your article title is essential to getting your article opened by
      publishers first and readers second. You need publishers to open
      your articles, so that they can consider them for publication.
      Once a publisher has decided to publish your article, you need
      readers to open your article and read it. Better than that, you
      need readers to reach your resource box and a visit your website,
      so that they can consider purchasing what you sell.

      The third master that your article title serves is the search
      engine algorithm. Once your article is published on a third-party
      website, you want the search engines to find it, to index it, and
      to present it in its search results. But, as an individual who
      plays the search engines, you also want the search engines to
      credit your website as being related to the anchor text that you
      used in your links.

      After The Title

      Once a publisher has opened your article and began reading, you
      want that publisher to decide that the article content is
      appropriate for his or her audience.

      Your title will only ensure that your article will be opened.
      But, it is the body of your article that will determine if a
      publisher actually uses your article. Your article must answer a
      need of people in the publishers' target audience. If the
      publisher determines that your article content is not relevant to
      his or her audience, it does not matter how good your article
      might be.

      Beyond relevance, the publisher must consider the article to be
      interesting and useful to his or her audience. As an article
      writer, you serve the publishers' needs and the publisher serves
      the needs of his or her audience. Ideally, your goal when writing
      the article should be to answer the needs of a publishers'
      audience. In doing so, you can gain the approval of the
      publisher, who stands between your article and your intended
      audience.

      Your first master is the publisher. Without the support of
      publishers, your articles cannot be exposed to a much larger
      audience.

      Your second master is always the reader. The reader must
      appreciate what you have written. If the reader appreciates the
      story that you have told, then your reader will want to read your
      resource box, to determine whether you can offer them more... A
      satisfied reader, who is also intrigued by your resource box, is
      someone who will be very likely to visit your website, through
      the link in your resource box.

      Your third master is always the search engine algorithm. Once
      again, you want the search engine companies to acknowledge the
      link from a third-party website pointing to your website, and
      also the relationship of your anchor text keywords to your
      website.

      The Money Shot

      The publisher is seldom concerned with your actual Authors'
      Resource Box. The only time a publisher will shoot down an
      article, based on its resource box, is when it contains offensive
      language or links to offensive websites.

      When you construct your Authors' Resource Box, there are four
      goals that you should seek to accomplish with every single
      article you write.

      First, you want to define an author. People, who have read your
      article, want to know about the person who has written it.

      Some marketers want to leave a name off of the Authors' Resource
      Box. This is frequently done for one of two reasons.

      First, companies may want to separate its content from the people
      who have written content. Companies rightfully consider the
      article to be part of the intellectual property of the company;
      therefore, no individual should be given credit as the author.

      Second, individual website owners may want to hide behind the
      anonymity that the Internet offers to them.

      Articles do have the capacity to deliver real people - shoppers -
      to your website. If your goal is to attract real people -
      potential customers - to your website, it will be imperative to
      allow your reader to connect to an individual author...

      This is not to say that you have to use a real name in
      conjunction with your article. In fact, many marketers utilize
      multiple pen names, with the articles that they publish online.

      For example, I utilize article marketing to promote dozens of
      websites online. In doing so, I utilize a new pen name with every
      new website I promote. Anson Werner writes about travel. Barry
      Prouty writes about WordPress blogs. Emerson Lockwood writes
      about home improvement.

      Anson Werner is not real, but he is one of my alter egos. Anson
      lets me write about other topics that interest me, without
      watering down my online persona.

      Anson's most important role is to give readers a connection to
      an online personality, a name through whom they can find other
      articles of a similar nature, written by the same person.

      Anson gives identity to the person responsible for the creation
      of the content, for the reader.

      The flipside is suggesting that "Business Name" wrote the
      article, but that is such a disingenuous method to identify the
      person, with whom the reader had felt a connection.

      The only thing worse than trying to convince the reader that a
      "Business Name" wrote the article, is to try to convince the
      reader that "No One" wrote the article... If you try the "No
      One" approach to taking credit for the authorship of the
      article, you will have stepped beyond the obvious, little white
      lie and entered into the territory of convincing the reader that
      you have a good reason to hide. If you must hide from your
      audience, then why should they trust to give you their money?

      The second thing you want to is to provide a strong
      call-to-action to your readers. If you got a reader to open your
      article and read it to its conclusion, then you should absolutely
      be interested in getting that reader to visit your website to
      consider buying what you are selling.

      But so many people lose the race right here, by providing either
      no call-to-action or an ineffective call-to-action.

      The people who have just read your article are primed to do what
      you want them to do. But you have to tell them what you want them
      to do and why.

      Don't miss this opportunity to encourage your readers to visit
      your website and buy what you are selling.

      The third item is a plain text copy of the link to your domain,
      which is your opportunity to brand your website with your
      articles. This is an opportunity that is overlooked by most
      article marketers.

      Many article marketers make the mistake of believing that the
      only thing that article marketing is used for is to influence the
      search engine algorithms. They quickly forget that before the
      search engines find value in a page, people will be reading the
      articles.

      By only providing anchor text links, your readers will not know
      which website supported the development of an article. But, if
      people know the name of your website and why they would want to
      visit your website, then people will be more inclined to type the
      name of your website into their browser bar, rather than to look
      for you on the search engines.

      35% of my global traffic comes from people who type in the URL of
      my website into their browser bars.

      Additionally, you want to include a plain text copy of your URL,
      as a matter of self-protection, if the publisher does not publish
      your article with your anchor text links.

      The fourth and final item you want to include in your Author's
      Resource Box is your anchor text links, which explain to the
      search engines what keywords best define your website.

      If you use more than one anchor text link in your Author's
      Resource Box, then you should point each one to a different URL,
      to maximize the value your website will receive from the search
      engines. This will show the search engines that more than one URL
      on your website is worth consideration, and it will help your
      overall ability to find visitors from the search engines.

      In Conclusion

      Too many article marketers have the idea that article marketing
      will only serve one master - Google. But Google will find your
      articles hard to appreciate if real people do not also appreciate
      your article...

      When publishers appreciate what you have written, they will put
      your article into their website, giving you access to their
      audiences. The more publishers, who appreciate what you have
      written, the more of them who will publish your article, which
      will give you even more links from your articles.

      When readers appreciate what you have written, they are very
      likely to visit your website to see what else you can do for
      them.

      If you desire only to chase search engine rankings, then that is
      your business. But wasn't the original purpose of chasing search
      engine rankings to attract potential customers to your website?
      So, why not chase publishers, readers and search engines with
      your articles?

      My name is Bill Platt. If you enjoyed this article and
      found it useful, then you will love my newest ebook titled,
      "How To Use Article Marketing To Positively Impact Your
      SEO Efforts". It is 70-pages of hard-hitting information
      about how to make your article marketing truly profitable.
      http://thephantomwriters.com/ebooks/article-marketing-seo.html
      Or, you can get warmed up with my free
      "Article Marketing: Beyond The Basics" ebook at:

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/effective-authors-resource-box.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * sitesandzines@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Bill Platt

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2013
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

        Article Title:
        Four Tips For Creating An Effective Authors' Resource Box

        Article Description:
        In article marketing, there are many factors that will
        affect your articles' ability to promote your website in
        the most effective manner. In this article, we will briefly
        discuss a couple those factors, before we dive into how to
        create an effective Authors' Resource Box, also known as
        the About The Author Information.

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2013-08-27 12:00:00

        Written By: Bill Platt
        Copyright: 2010-2013
        Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

        Bill Platt's Picture URL:
        http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

        For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
        http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

        Versions Of Article Are Available at:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/effective-authors-resource-box.shtml#get_code

        Four Tips For Creating An Effective Authors' Resource Box
        Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Bill Platt
        Writing Puzzle
        http://WritingPuzzle.com/

[...]

        You can become a better writer, with the right training. If you are
        looking to improve your writing skills or learn how to better market
        your writing projects, visit Bill Platt's website to see how he can
        help you: http://PlattPublishing.com/ If you are looking to buy or
        sell writing services, check out Bill's Freelance Writer Marketplace
        at: http://FreelanceWritersReview.com/

        --- END ARTICLE ---