Top 10 Reasons Why Online Marketers Fail With Article Marketing

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

      Article Title:
      Top 10 Reasons Why Online Marketers Fail With Article Marketing

      Article Description:
      If you've been marketing products online for any length of
      time, you've likely heard people talk about the power and
      promise of article marketing for the promotion of your
      online business. Unfortunately, many online marketers have
      tried to utilize article marketing to benefit their online
      business and failed. In this article, I document the top ten
      reasons why people fail to find success with article
      marketing... And how to fix your article marketing
      campaigns...

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2010-02-01 13:00:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2010
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/article-marketing-failure.shtml#get_code

      Top 10 Reasons Why Online Marketers Fail With Article Marketing
      Copyright (c) 2010 Bill Platt
      the Phantom Writers
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/

      If you've been marketing products online for any length of time,
      you've likely heard people talk about the power and promise of
      article marketing for the promotion of your online business.

      Unfortunately, many online marketers have tried to utilize
      article marketing to benefit their online business and failed.
      After numerous failures, many online marketers decide that
      success with article marketing is an illusion. They decide that
      article marketing is a complete and utter waste of their time and
      resources.

      As one of those people, who has found great success with article
      marketing, I have taken it upon myself to try to help people
      understand what enables some people to be truly successful with
      article marketing, while others will never see any success at all
      with it.

      Some people believe that the only way to learn to be successful,
      in any task, is to study those who have been successful. I happen
      to be one of those people, who believe that studying failure can
      be just as useful, as studying success.

      I see the concept of studying successful techniques and
      techniques that fail, as the yen and the yang of success.

      It is one thing to study the people, who have been most
      successful with article marketing. If you are attentive, you can
      learn a lot from them. It is quite another thing to study the
      people, who have failed with article marketing. If you are
      attentive, you can learn a lot from them as well.

      In my recent e-book titled, "How To Use Article Marketing To
      Positively Impact Your SEO Efforts", I talk about what it takes
      to be successful with article marketing. But in this article, I
      am talking about the reasons why many people fail with article
      marketing.

      Top 10 Reasons Article Marketers Fail

      The top 10 reasons why online marketers fail to find success with
      article marketing:

      1. Failing to create an article that carries an interesting title
      - a title that will attract the attention and interest of
      publishers first and readers second.

      2. Failing to acknowledge that publishers have a vested interest
      in keeping their readers happy - submitting crap articles that
      publishers know their readers will not want to read.

      3. Failing to understand that people want articles that help them
      solve problems and answer questions - as opposed to glorified
      sales copy.

      4. Failing to keep the information interesting for the reader -
      when people abandon your articles, they will never see the link
      to your website.

      5. Failing to present a strong call-to-action in the authors'
      resource box - if the resource box does not attract a click, the
      article is simply page filler.

      6. Failing to focus on the needs of readers in the authors'
      resource box - readers, who enjoyed reading your article, want to
      know why they should visit your website. Don't bore them to
      tears with a lengthy personal story and a lengthy brag fest about
      what makes you more special than everyone else.

      7. Failing to expend a few more minutes during the editing
      process, to present your article with nice formatting - articles
      that break to a new line in mid-sentence are annoying and
      hard-to-follow. Long paragraphs that run for miles are
      hard-to-read and lead to eyestrain and article abandonment.

      8. Failing to spell check your articles can annoy a lot of people
      - you may not catch all of the mistakes, especially when your
      Spellchecker software does not identify the misspelling to you.
      Often, you can get by with a few misspellings and instances of
      poor grammar in an article, so long as the misspelling or poor
      grammar does not distract the publisher, when he or she is
      reading the article.

      9. Failing to make sure that you put the article into the correct
      category - when publishers ask you to select a category for your
      article. Do not cut corners here. If you expect the publisher to
      fix your category for you, they won't... If a publisher sees
      your article in the wrong category, they will more often hit
      delete, rather than fix your article placement.

      10. Failing to follow simple instructions - the easiest thing to
      fix is the one thing that 85% of article marketers ignore, and
      that is making sure your articles' word counts match the
      publishers' requirements for word counts. Article marketers, who
      are willing to waste a publishers' time, by submitting articles
      that do not meet minimum or maximum word counts will find that
      the publisher would prefer to reject all of the marketers'
      articles, rather than to take the time to check if the marketer
      finally started following instructions.

      Final Thoughts

      In the end, as an article marketer, you must always strive to
      satisfy two audiences - the publisher, who might want to publish
      your articles, and the reader, who might want to read your
      articles.

      If your article fails to satisfy one or both of the people in
      your target audience, then you should not be surprised that your
      article marketing failed to achieve its intended goals.

      The most common reason for failure in article marketing is
      actually the tendency of marketers to view article marketing, in
      the same way that they view ordinary advertising.

      With ordinary advertising, people write sales copy to generate an
      immediate action.

      With article marketing, the process is a little bit different.
      With article marketing, those who are most successful answer the
      needs of the reader first, before presenting the sales copy that
      is designed to get people to take an action. This is why
      successful article marketers solve problems and answer questions
      in the body of the article, reserving the sales copy for the
      authors' resource box.

      By putting the focus on solving problems and answering questions
      for readers, we are able to get the attention of the publishers,
      whom we absolutely want and need to publish our articles. By
      restricting our sales copy to our authors' resource box,
      publishers are more inclined to give us what we want (access to
      their audiences for our sales message), because we have
      successfully given publishers what they wanted - information that
      their readers will find useful and interesting.

      My name is Bill Platt. If you enjoyed this article and
      found it useful, then you will love my newest ebook titled,
      "How To Use Article Marketing To Positively Impact Your
      SEO Efforts". It is 70-pages of hard-hitting information
      about how to make your article marketing truly profitable.
      http://thephantomwriters.com/ebooks/article-marketing-seo.html
      Or, you can get warmed up with my free
      "Article Marketing: Beyond The Basics" ebook at:

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/article-marketing-failure.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at:

      *
      *
      * sitesandzines@yahoogroups.com
      *

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by:

      Bill Platt
      3010 E Raintree
      Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

      and opinion of its author, Bill Platt

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2013
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

        Article Title:
        Top 10 Reasons Why Online Marketers Fail With Article Marketing

        Article Description:
        If you've been marketing products online for any length of
        time, you've likely heard people talk about the power and
        promise of article marketing for the promotion of your
        online business. Unfortunately, many online marketers have
        tried to utilize article marketing to benefit their online
        business and failed. In this article, I document the top ten
        reasons why people fail to find success with article
        marketing... And how to fix your article marketing
        campaigns...

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2013-07-31 12:15:00

        Written By: Bill Platt
        Copyright: 2010-2013
        Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

        Bill Platt's Picture URL:
        http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

        For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
        http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

        Versions Of Article Are Available at:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/article-marketing-failure.shtml#get_code

        Top 10 Reasons Why Online Marketers Fail With Article Marketing
        Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Bill Platt
        Writing Puzzle
        http://WritingPuzzle.com/

[...]

        In my e-book titled, "Article Marketing Secrets: Turning Words
        Into Dollars", I talk about what it takes to be successful with