Article Marketing Success Secret: Give Them What They Want

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2008
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * sitesandzines@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============

      Article Marketing Success Secret: Give Them What They Want

      Article Description:
      ====================

      Some people find great success with article marketing, while
      others think its proponents are full of bull. The difference
      between the winners and the losers in article marketing is most
      frequently defined when the writer sits down and begins to write.
      That is right. Success and failure is most often determined by
      the writers' motivation, and more importantly, by the writers'
      commitment to the reader.

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2008-07-21 12:00:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2008
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
      We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
      us know where you have used this article, and we will
      include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=6180&p=load

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/article-marketing-success-secret.shtml#get_code

      Article Marketing Success Secret: Give Them What They Want
      Copyright (c) 2008 Bill Platt
      the Phantom Writers
      http://thePhantomWriters.com

      Some people find great success with article marketing, while
      others think its proponents are full of bull. The difference
      between the winners and the losers in article marketing is most
      frequently defined when the writer sits down and begins to write.
      That is right. Success and failure is most often determined by
      the writers' motivation, and more importantly, by the writers'
      commitment to the reader.

      Flawed Strategies

      In 2005, a few of the Internet Marketing gurus took notice of the
      success people were having with article marketing, and they
      passed this news to the Internet Marketing newbies of the world.
      But, there was something missing from the advice given.

      In a lot of cases, the people preaching the power of article
      marketing had never used the technique themselves. Even today,
      few of my article distribution competitors utilize reprint
      articles to promote their own businesses. Most of my competitors
      rely upon affiliate marketing to promote their websites.

      Unfortunately, the Internet Marketing newbies of the world were
      given a lot of bad advice. It was said that:

      * The only purpose of article marketing was to build links, and
      link popularity for search engine rankings;

      * The writer only needed to write enough words to meet the
      minimum word count requirements of publishers;

      * It wasn't necessary for the content to be well-written, since
      the publishers do not read the articles they approve for
      publication;

      * Anything that can be done to reduce the time/cost of article
      writing would benefit the marketer.

      The only suggestion that bore any resemblance to the truth was
      the first item about "building links for link popularity", but
      the error in this statement was to assume that there was no other
      purpose for article marketing.

      The Bigger Picture

      I have been using article marketing to promote my own websites
      since 1999, and I have offered article-marketing services
      professionally since 2000 and under my current domain since 2001.
      I had been using article marketing and providing services for at
      least five years, before the gurus started leading the
      uninitiated Internet Marketers astray in 2005.

      As one of the pioneers in this industry, I have always attributed
      three benefits to article marketing, in this order:

      1. Publication in a newsletter ensures that thousands, perhaps
      hundreds of thousands of readers, can read ones' article when it
      is published. (Frequently, publication day for my articles will
      generate phone calls from many potential customers and multiple
      sales, sometimes thousands in sales.)

      2. Publication on a website increases the likelihood that your
      article will be found and read on websites that have targeted and
      loyal visitors.

      3. Building links for link popularity and improved search
      rankings.

      I have never denied the ability to use articles to build ones'
      link popularity and to increase ones' ranking in the search
      engines. In fact, my website ranks in the top 20 results in
      Google for hundreds of keywords.

      But in my experience, using articles to increase search rankings
      is something that is ranked at #3 in my list, because it is a
      long-term play. Your ability to rank in Google for specific
      keywords is influenced significantly by what your competitors
      have done before you. I have used this example many times before,
      but if you want to rank for the keyword "travel" against such
      websites as: Expedia, Yahoo, Orbitz, The Travel Channel, CNN,
      Travelocity, Lonely Planet, USA Today, the New York Times, and
      the U.S. Government; then you better bring a huge budget to the
      contest.

      Once the newbie in Internet Marketing is aware of the challenges
      of the search rankings game, then the newbie is better prepared
      to target and get realistic results from an article marketing
      campaign.

      What Newsletter Publishers Require From Their Writers

      While it may be true that a few article directory managers do not
      review articles before publication, it is not true of all article
      directories. Directories such as http://www.EzineArticles.com,
      http://www.IdeaMarketers.com, http://www.Website-Articles.net,
      http://www.InvisibleMBA.com, http://www.ArticleStars.com,
      http://www.ArticleDashboard.com, and http://www.Isnare.com have
      editors who personally review each and every article posted to
      their directories, to ensure that the articles meet the
      directory's editorial guidelines.

      And, newsletter publishers personally read and approve every
      single article they publish. Why? In order for a publisher to be
      able to sell high-dollar advertising, the newsletter must attract
      and retain loyal readers. In order to get and keep readers, the
      newsletter must "absolutely" publish content that its readers
      appreciate receiving and want to read.

      Herein lies "the secret to success" in article marketing. Not
      only do newsletter publishers read articles, seeking to find the
      content that will ensure the loyalty of their readers, the
      website publishers who have served loyal audiences for several
      years also strive to provide their readers only the best content
      available.

      Article Spinner Software Stops Short Of Serving The Reader

      No matter how well the Content Spinner software sellers may write
      their sales copy, one would be a fool to trust computers to write
      the kind of articles that people want to read.

      Remember, the newsletter publisher and the successful webmaster
      are solely focused on finding content that will keep their
      readers loyal to them. Also remember that the "link building
      game for link popularity" is a long-term play that could take
      years to see fruition.

      Given this knowledge, why would someone who is truly seeking
      success online be willing to trust that the article spinners are
      able to develop articles that would pass the "human eye test"
      or even the "smell test"?

      What The Article Marketing Professionals Have To Say

      I know that I have always suggested that one should take into
      account what someone is selling, before taking his or her word at
      face value. Since I sell ghostwriting services, it is absolutely
      in your best interests to take my words with much skepticism.
      BUT... I am not the only professional Internet Marketer with this
      viewpoint. Following are quotes by people whose names you may
      recognize.

      Christopher Knight of Ezine Articles was asked, "How much must I
      change or rewrite my article so that your content filters won't
      reject it or suspend my account?" Chris responded, "The answer
      is all of it. Seriously, don't rewrite your own articles. Just
      create new ones. It's not that hard." Chris added that
      derivative content adds no value to his website.
      (http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2008/07/content-filtering.html)

      Chris McElroy from http://www.ArticleContentProvider.com says,
      "Computer-generated articles can never replace hand-written
      original content. Just getting articles into article directories
      does not help your link popularity, so submitting garbage will
      get you nothing in return. Only when your articles are reprinted
      in newsletters, ezines, websites, and blogs that are related to
      your topic do you get any value from article marketing. Those who
      think otherwise don't understand the first thing about article
      marketing or SEO."

      Allen Taylor, who contributes to the article marketing blog at
      http://articlecontentprovider.com/article-marketing-blog/ was
      asked to review someone's article spinner software. I am sure
      the guy who requested the review is kicking himself in the butt
      right now; since Allen proceeded to show his readers exactly how
      worthless the software is in the real world.

      Allen concluded his review with the following words: "I would
      not recommend rewriting your articles. Just write fresh articles
      that don't threaten to have problems like the ones noted above.
      Really, it doesn't take long to write a 500-word article that
      can be used for article marketing or other online marketing
      purposes. If you're going to do something, why not do it
      right?"
      (http://articlecontentprovider.com/article-marketing-blog/2008/07
      /09/)

      Willie Crawford (http://TIMIC.ORG/) is not an article-marketing
      professional. Instead, he is a professional marketer, who uses
      article marketing to promote the many websites that make up his
      online empire. Willie is a seven-figure earner, and yet, he
      continues writing new articles whenever he has the time to do so.

      Willie said: "I've looked a numerous 'article spinners' and
      seen that the output from them was generally so incoherent that
      it would have been an insult to my readers."

      "I respect my readers and realize that writing is communicating
      one human to another. That's why all of the articles that I
      publish are unique and not software generated variations of my
      work."

      Communicating One Human To Another

      Those people who have found the greatest success utilizing
      article marketing as a promotional tool are those who understand
      that article marketing is best-used as a tool to communicate
      "one human to another."

      At the beginning of this article, I suggested, "Success and
      failure is determined by the writers' motivation, and more
      importantly, by the writers' commitment to the reader."

      Successful newsletter publishers are those who have made a
      commitment to keep their readers interested and reading every
      issue. Successful webmasters and bloggers are those who have made
      a commitment to keeping their readers satisfied and coming back
      to their websites frequently. All are looking for article content
      that will attract readers to their publications and ensure reader
      loyalty.

      The successful article marketer is the person who understands his
      or her audience and gives his or her audience exactly what they
      want.

      The article must convince the newsletter publisher that his or
      her subscribers will value the message in the article enough to
      read the next issue. The article must convince the Webmaster and
      Bloggers that the article will keep a reader on his or her
      website for a while longer. And finally, the reader must be
      thankful for having been given the opportunity to read the
      article.

      In the end, the decision is yours. Are you simply happy
      complaining about what could have, should have been with the
      articles you have written. Or, do you want to invest what will be
      required to make sure your article marketing campaigns are
      successful?

      Bill Platt has been helping online marketers with article
      ghostwriting and article distribution services since 2001,
      through his website: http://www.thephantomwriters.com
      If your small business finances are being pinched during
      this era of high gasoline prices, get your own copy of the
      ebook, "How To Increase The Fuel Mileage Of Any Vehicle"
      to learn how to improve your gas mileage by 30% or better:
      http://www.automotivewebmasters.com/ebooks/increase-mpg.php

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/article-marketing-success-secret.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

      and opinion of its author, Bill Platt

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2013
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

        Article Title:
        Article Marketing Success Secret: Give Them What They Want

        Article Description:
        Some people find great success with article marketing, while
        others think its proponents are full of bull. The difference
        between the winners and the losers in article marketing is most
        frequently defined when the writer sits down and begins to write.
        That is right. Success and failure is most often determined by
        the writers' motivation, and more importantly, by the writers'
        commitment to the reader.

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2013-06-20 11:00:00

        Written By: Bill Platt
        Copyright: 2008-2013
        Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

        Bill Platt's Picture URL:
        http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

        For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
        http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

        Versions Of Article Are Available at:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/article-marketing-success-secret.shtml#get_code

        Article Marketing Success Secret: Give Them What They Want
        Copyright (c) 2008-2013 Bill Platt
        Writing Puzzle
        http://WritingPuzzle.com/

        (http://articlecontentprovider.com/article-marketing-blog/?p=177)

[...]