Beware Of Magic Beans - A Warning To Newbie Internet Marketers

  • Bill Platt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
      Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt
      See Terms of Reprint Below.

      *
      *
      * sitesandzines@yahoogroups.com
      *

      This article has been distributed by:
      http://Article-Distribution.com

      Helpful Link:

      Article Title:
      ==============

      Beware Of Magic Beans - A Warning To Newbie Internet Marketers

      Article Description:
      ====================

      John read a story about a fantastic piece of software that he
      could use to build his online business. But this often used
      Internet marketing tool brought John something that John did not
      intend. His software made him famous... For all of the wrong
      reasons...

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2008-06-04 10:00:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2008
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt_80x105b.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      If you use this article on your website or in your ezine,
      We Want To Know About It. Use the following URL to let
      us know where you have used this article, and we will
      include a link to your website on thePhantomWriters.com:

      http://thephantomwriters.com/notify.php?id=6091&p=load

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/beware-of-magic-beans.shtml#get_code

      Beware Of Magic Beans - A Warning To Newbie Internet Marketers
      Copyright (c) 2008 Bill Platt
      the Phantom Writers
      http://thePhantomWriters.com

      John (and other newbie online marketers),

      Let me ask you a question. Why would you ever send out an email
      that destroys your own credibility? Credibility is absolutely
      essential to the success of any company on the Internet. And yet,
      you lied to me in your email, multiple times.

      Lies? Yes, that is a strong word. Would you prefer me to suggest
      that you exhibited "extreme ignorance"?

      I know that you likely have some very clever software that you
      are using to construct and mail your sales offers to folks.

      Your only salvation here is that I know you likely made only one
      mistake. You trusted your handy-dandy software package to take
      good care of your business interests.

      But your software has failed you.

      The first problem in your mailing appears in the first and second
      paragraphs.

      "I was recently reviewing automobiles ezine sites in some of
      the major search engines and I came across your web site:
      www.thephantomwriters.com."

      "After reviewing your site I found that we are both targeting
      the exact same market, though we are not in competition with each
      other."

      It is obvious that you really did not review my website, or you
      would not have written your sales message as you did. But then
      again, I also know that your nifty little software package wrote
      the actual sales script for you.

      Later in your message, you also said,

      "I offer this partnership very selectively, so please do act
      fast if you wish to go ahead with this."

      Here is another lie that your software's nifty little sales
      script tagged to "your reputation". If you were selective about
      who you offered this too, you would never have contacted me.
      After all, I only have about 20 pages related to the automotive
      industry - in more than 6000 pages on The Phantom Writers
      website.

      The truth is that ThePhantomWriters.com is not an automotive
      website!!! It does not even have its own ezine!!!

      But, you know what? I decided to check out your offer anyway,
      because I actually do own an automotive website at a different
      URL. I am always on the search for monetization offers for my
      various websites, so I gave you a shot.

      At the beginning and end of your message, you referred to my
      "automotive website", and you offered an affiliate program to
      enable my "automotive ezine" to earn money.

      The biggest disappointment I found in your message is that your
      affiliate program has absolutely nothing to do with automobiles
      or the automotive industry. Nope. You are soliciting me to sign
      up for an affiliate program, to sell web hosting services to my
      visitors!!! Yes, it is true that most website owners own cars,
      but not all car owners own websites!

      John H. (last name withheld for obvious reasons), I have news for
      you. My company specializes in the creation of informational and
      tutorial-style articles and in the distribution of those articles
      to publishers on the World Wide Web, for the purpose of promoting
      my clients' websites.

      You know what else John? In responding to your email, I just
      wrote my newest article. The good news is that you are going to
      be famous!!! The bad news is that you are going to be famous for
      all of the wrong reasons...

      Bill Platt - Owner of http://thePhantomWriters.com

      The Phantom Writers specializes in creating and distributing
      informational articles for the promotion of our clients'
      websites. Even if you write your own articles, we can help
      you out by distributing your articles to our network of ezine
      publishers, website owners, blog owners and newspaper websites.
      http://thephantomwriters.com/x.pl/tpw/info/nutshell.html

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/beware-of-magic-beans.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

      are owned and operated by Bill Platt of Stillwater, Oklahoma USA.

      and opinion of its author, Bill Platt

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2009
        A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

        Article Title:
        Beware Of Magic Beans - A Warning To Newbie Internet Marketers

        Article Description:
        John read a story about a fantastic piece of software that he
        could use to build his online business. But this often used
        Internet marketing tool brought John something that John did not
        intend. His software made him famous... For all of the wrong
        reasons...

        Additional Article Information:
        ===============================

        Distribution Date and Time: 2009-09-21 13:00:00

        Written By: Bill Platt
        Copyright: 2008-2009
        Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

        Bill Platt's Picture URL:
        http://thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt_80x105b.jpg

        For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
        http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

        Versions Of Article Are Available at:
        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/beware-of-magic-beans.shtml#get_code

        Beware Of Magic Beans - A Warning To Newbie Internet Marketers
        Copyright (c) 2008-2009 Bill Platt
        the Phantom Writers
[...]

        Bill Platt has owned and operated http://thePhantomWriters.com/
        since 2001. If you would like to learn more about his article
        distribution service, visit his website. To read 100's of Bill's
        Tweet-sized tips for article marketing, SEO, and more, visit:
        http://thephantomwriters.com/tips/index.php
        Bill is also active on Twitter @
        http://twitter.com/contentmanager

        --- END ARTICLE ---

        http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/beware-of-magic-beans.shtml#get_code

        TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
        (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

        The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

        *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

        Hyperlinks (clickable links).

        within the article.

        *** Author Notification ***

        or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
        comments@...

        for Print Permission at:
        mailto:comments@...

        *
        *
        * sitesandzines@yahoogroups.com
        *

        ABOUT THIS ARTICLE SUBMISSION

        are owned and operated by:

        Bill Platt
        3010 E Raintree
        Stillwater, Oklahoma USA 74074

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2013
          A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

          Article Title:
          Beware Of Magic Beans - A Warning To Newbie Internet Marketers

          Article Description:
          John read a story about a fantastic piece of software that he
          could use to build his online business. But this often used
          Internet marketing tool brought John something that John did not
          intend. His software made him famous... For all of the wrong
          reasons...

          Additional Article Information:
          ===============================

          Distribution Date and Time: 2013-06-26 12:00:00

          Written By: Bill Platt
          Copyright: 2008-2013
          Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

          Bill Platt's Picture URL:
          http://thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt_80x105b.jpg

          For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
          http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

          Versions Of Article Are Available at:
          http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/beware-of-magic-beans.shtml#get_code

          Beware Of Magic Beans - A Warning To Newbie Internet Marketers
          Copyright (c) 2008-2013 Bill Platt
          Writing Puzzle
          http://WritingPuzzle.com/

[...]

          Article Marketing Ebook at: