Cracking The Article Marketing Puzzle

(609)
  • Bill Platt
    Jul 2, 2013 Expand Messages
      A Free-Reprint Article Written by: Bill Platt

      Article Title:
      Cracking The Article Marketing Puzzle

      Article Description:
      Article marketing is one of those topics that always seems
      to generate a lot of conversation in forums and marketing
      discussions... Online marketers are generally split into three
      camps, when it comes to arguing the effectiveness of article
      marketing as a promotional method... Camp One swears by article
      marketing, as an integral and essential part of their online
      marketing activities... They suggest that the benefits of article
      marketing are twofold: direct click-through (CTR) traffic from
      the article that may deliver immediate sales; and improved search
      rankings that will drive additional search traffic...

      Additional Article Information:
      ===============================

      Distribution Date and Time: 2013-07-02 11:00:00

      Written By: Bill Platt
      Copyright: 2010-2013
      Contact Email: mailto:comments@...

      Bill Platt's Picture URL:
      http://www.thephantomwriters.com/x-images/bill_platt-2006.jpg

      For more free-reprint articles by Bill Platt, please visit:
      http://www.thePhantomWriters.com/recent/author/bill-platt.html

      Versions Of Article Are Available at:
      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/article-marketing-puzzle.shtml#get_code

      Cracking The Article Marketing Puzzle
      Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Bill Platt
      Writing Puzzle
      http://WritingPuzzle.com/

      Article marketing is one of those topics that always seems to
      generate a lot of conversation in forums and marketing
      discussions... Online marketers are generally split into three
      camps, when it comes to arguing the effectiveness of article
      marketing as a promotional method...

      Camp One swears by article marketing, as an integral and
      essential part of their online marketing activities... They
      suggest that the benefits of article marketing are twofold:
      direct click-through (CTR) traffic from the article that may
      deliver immediate sales; and improved search rankings that will
      drive additional search traffic...

      Camp Two insists that the only real value of article marketing is
      for building links and creating link popularity for a website,
      enabling the website to rank well in Google and other search
      engines...

      Camp Three accuses the first two camps of telling stories and
      selling a sham...

      I am in the first camp... I have made a lot of money online, in
      the last 10 years, because I use article marketing to promote ALL
      of my websites...

      Some people insist that I have only made money online, because I
      sell article marketing services... But, the truth is that I have
      made a lot of money in a variety of niches that are "not
      related" to online marketing... And, I have made that money in
      those niches, because I have used article marketing as the
      primary promotion method for all of my niche websites too...

      Measuring The Success Of An Article Marketing Campaign

      Those folks in Camp Two measure the success of their article
      marketing campaigns by the number of back links and Google page
      one search results that they can achieve...

      Those of us, who are in camp One, measure our success by the
      dollar value of the sales that an individual article can deliver
      to our businesses... We count our search engine traffic to be
      only a BONUS benefit of article marketing...

      There are four reasons why Camp One should make more sense...

      1. Direct click-through traffic from articles is often from
      people who are pre-qualified to purchase what we are selling...
      In turn, this ensures a better conversion-rate on the traffic
      that we do receive directly from an article...

      2. While search engine traffic is good, the people finding our
      websites in the search engines are not always as strongly
      targeted, nor pre-qualified to purchase what we are selling...

      3. There can only be 10 websites on page one of Google and the
      other search engines... Depending on how competitive a niche may
      be, it could take weeks or years to reach page one of Google for
      your targeted keywords... It could take a single article, with
      its links to your website, or it could take 500 articles to get
      your website to page one...

      4. If you can get direct click-through traffic to your websites,
      from your articles, you stand a good chance of generating sales
      at your website -- NOW, instead of later...

      In Camp One, we utilize article marketing to generate actual
      sales, rather than search engine rankings...

      We understand that "a bird in hand is more valuable than two in
      the bush", and in other words, "a dollar in hand is more
      valuable than a page-one listing in Google..."

      The beauty of putting sales ahead of search engine rankings is
      that we can make money today, rather than to have to pray for
      good search engine rankings, so that we might be able to make
      money tomorrow...

      Where Do You Want Your Articles To Take You?

      The success that you will achieve with your articles will be
      determined before you put your very first word into your favorite
      word processing software...

      What are you trying to achieve with your articles?

      This is very important, because your goals will determine your
      outcome...

      Article marketers in Camp One seek to write articles that will
      appeal to their target audience... Every word that they put into
      an article is designed to appeal to its human audience...

      Article marketers in Camp Two are only interested in getting back
      links...

      It really is that simple...

      Are you writing your articles for a human audience, or are you
      writing your articles for the search engines?

      If you are only concerned with getting the back link, then that
      is all you will receive...

      However, if you are concerned with getting the attention of the
      people most likely to buy your products and services, then that
      is what you will more likely receive, and you may even discover
      that you are getting attention from the search engines as well...

      Sharing A Secret

      I am going to share a secret with you right here and now...

      Search engines value articles that have managed to attract their
      own inbound links...

      In other words, the articles of yours that are published on
      third-party websites that will send real link popularity to your
      website are those articles that other people have deemed valuable
      enough to link from their own websites...

      People do not link to junk, unless they are paid to do so...

      If people do not link to your articles on third-party websites,
      you should not be surprised if Google and the other search
      engines do not value the links that you have pointing to your
      website from your articles...

      So, if you want your articles to pass real link popularity to
      your website, then you need to write your articles in such a way
      that other people will find value in them and want to link to
      them...

      This is the primary reason why so many people fail with article
      marketing... They write crap, then get mad when they get crap
      results...

      People who leave Camp One for Camp Two, then leap to Camp Three
      are people who have never attempted to follow any of the article
      marketing principles, described in this article...

      Opening The Door To Article Marketing Success

      There are many online publishers who will share your target
      audience with you...

      When your articles focus on the wants and needs of people in your
      target audience, it will also appeal to the publisher who has an
      audience you want to reach...

      There are five essential steps to creating articles that will
      produce good results for your business...

      Step One: Write an article that people in your target audience
      will want to read...

      Step Two: Make sure that your article carries a title that will
      get your article opened... No matter how good your article is,
      publishers and readers make the decision to read your article, in
      less than 10 seconds, using your article title to determine if
      your article might be worth the time they will sacrifice to read
      it...

      Step Three: Make sure that the article is good enough to keep the
      attention of your reader to its conclusion, so they will see your
      Authors' Resource Box at the end of the article...

      Step Four: Construct your Authors' Resource Box with the goal of
      getting the reader to your website, where you can make a
      comprehensive case for your offer...

      Step Five: Distribute articles to the online publishers, who are
      most likely to publish them...

      There is an art and a science to developing articles that will
      produce the desired results for your business...

      The science is understanding what is required to make your
      articles attractive to readers and publishers...

      The art of article marketing is being able to put an article
      together in such a way that people actually want to read it and
      are thankful for having read it...

      Final Thoughts...

      It may be easier to write articles only for the search engines...
      Impressing the search engines can be as easy as impressing my
      three-year-old... "I'm gonna eat your ear..."

      But if you are willing to invest a few more minutes to make sure
      your article will appeal to publishers and readers too, you might
      just find that article marketing has a value beyond the search
      engines... And in my book, that spells M-o-r-e R-e-v-e-n-u-e...

      p.s. If you liked this article, please give it value by linking
      to it...

      --- END ARTICLE ---

      http://thePhantomWriters.com/free_content/db/p/article-marketing-puzzle.shtml#get_code

      TERMS OF REPRINT - Publication Rules
      (Last Updated: May 11, 2006)

      The Digital Millennium Copyright Act

      *** Digital Reprint Rights ***

      Hyperlinks (clickable links).

      within the article.

      *** Author Notification ***

      or her work. Bill Platt can be reached at:
      comments@...

      for Print Permission at:
      mailto:comments@...

      Article Marketing Ebook at: