SitePlayerPC Winsock Error

  • th469r
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2010
      When I try to load a .spb file, in SitePlayerPC, I get a Winsock Error - cannot Listen.

      I have seen some previous requests, with the same problem, and no answers, which probably means nobody has an answer...

      I'm doing my first SitePlayer project. PC op system is Win2K SP4, and I do have a Local TCP/IP port assigned to a network printer.
      Thanks,
      Tom
    • Rusty Haddock
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
        th469r wrote:
        >When I try to load a .spb file, in SitePlayerPC, I get a Winsock
        >Error - cannot Listen.

        Check your firewall settings on Windows and/or any third party firewall
        software on your PC. Make sure you've got the ports open that the
        SitePlayerPC software needs to operate.

        -Rusty-
        --
        _____ Rusty Haddock <=> AE5AE
        |\/ o \ o Way out yonder in the
        | ( -< O o Van Alstyne (TX) Metropolitan Area
        |/\__V__/ Math illiteracy affects 7 out of 5 people!
      • Tom Riggs
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
          I'll have to go back and look at the port numbers. I don't run a firewall ( Win2000).
          Thanks,
          Tom Riggs

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 25, 2010
            I finally got time to sort out that Winsock error. I didn't notice that the Windows IIS services were running. I guess that would be in the warning of stopping the 'personal webserver'...
            I stopped it, and configured it for manual startup.