Information about World Juggling Day

  • MacZoeAshUno
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2000
      hi ALL

      BILL GIDUZ is back as Chief Organiser! yay! we got a certificate from him
      for WJD 1999.

      ciao!

      From: Bill Giduz [mailto:bgiduz19@...]
      Posted At: 18 November 2000 09:15
      Posted To: juggling
      Conversation: World Juggling Day
      Subject: Re: World Juggling Day

      For all who are curious, I am happy to announce that World Juggling Day 2001
      is under development, with a goal of a web site launching by New Year's Day.
      This is being made possible through the volunteer efforts of Steve Healy,
      Paul Southworth, and Paul Irving, and sponsorship by the IJA and Todd Smith
      Products.

      The web site this year should be considerably more spiffy than the 1999
      version, but the goal of the event remain the same: We want to create as
      much excitement as possible around the world for juggling by designating
      Saturday, June 16, 2001, as a day for jugglers to celebrate their activity
      in common.

      We will be offering prizes again this year, but they will be awarded by a
      random generator rather than on the basis of a guessing game. There was just
      too much "fuzzy math" in basing the awards on the number of participants
      that were reported after the fact. Individuals who go to the site will be
      able to register for prizes whether or not they also register as
      participants in the event.

      Thanks to those who have participated in the past, and mark your calendar
      now to participate again! Please contact me if you have any questions or
      suggestions.

      -- Bill Giduz
      Box 443 * Davidson NC 28036 * USA
      bgiduz19@... * 704/892-1296 (h) 892-2244 (o)