Re: [singaporejugglers] Singapore Kite Festival 2011 (3-4 Sep 2011)

  • Jiahui Cai
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2011
      I picnicked there last year and it was great! Small kites are fine, large ones not quite because the area will be crowded. It's a worthwhile event to spend some time at in any case. Last year featured Gandini Juggling which are by far my favorite passing group. They didn't do much beyond the basics though but the lighted clubs were quite a sight. Jason Maverick looks like he could be a good contact act to watch!

      JH

      On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Loh Koah Fong <kfloh@...> wrote:

      Hi Everyone,

      There's a *** FREE *** event which could be of interest to you all.

      Singapore Kite Festival 2011, presented by ACT3 International

      Dates: 3-4 Sep 2011 (Sat & Sun)
      Time: 4pm to 8pm
      Venue: The Promontory @ Marina Bay

      Other than kite flying, there are some interesting performances going on.

      Performers:

      Kyle Raftery, Australia (http://www.macbroscircus.com/kyle-raftery.html) -- juggling
      The Living Statue Company, UK (http://www.thelivingstatuecompany.com/) -- statue
      Max Ling, Singapore (http://maxlingmagic.com/) -- magic
      Mr Qwirk, Australia (http://www.mrqwirk.com/) -- comedy
      Dennis Murphy, Australia (http://murphyspuppets.com.au/d_commedia.html) -- puppetry
      Kyle Ravin, Singapore (http://www.kyleravin.com/) -- magic
      Ivan Smith, Australia

      Dan the Hat, UK (http://www.danthehat.co.uk/) -- comedy juggler
      Jason Maverick, UK (http://www.jasonmaverick.com/ )-- mime, juggler, contact
      Ian Marchant, UK (http://www.thatjuggler.com/ ) -- juggler

      Best Regards,

      koah fong

      CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its content. Thank you.

      Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2011

        I was there yesterday with my family. The atmosphere is like a carnival. Great music to accompany the kite flying and kite-making workshops. Nice performances by the buskers.

        Today's weather also look nice. So don't miss it. Last day today. 4pm to 8pm. The Promontory @ Marina Bay.

        Best Regards,

        koah fong