Annual NUH visit - Christmas Carolling/Entertaining

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2009
      Hi all!

      I just came back from Cambodia on a volunteer trip to do what I can for the orphanage there and the villagers there and had a blast of a time.

      I brought along 5 singabolas and taught them some juggling for fun. I must say the Cambodian kids have great ball sense and they picked up juggling very quickly! Intend to email Performers without Borders and see if they want to pop by the orphanage to pass their skills there.

      But that's Cambodia. Closer to home, I'd like to extend an invitation to the group here to join us on our annual Christmas carolling vist to NUH. It's organised by a small group of us from church but I assure you it's purely community work. I've been doing it for the last two years and every trip blessed me with a rewarding experience to bring home.

      Here's how you can help. We'd be going into the wards and a group of 5 or so will be singing carols and one will be playing the guitar. Jugglers/balloonists are needed to entertain while the carols are sung. We're not professionals so the singing is a bit off key and juggling also no need very pro one. What really matters is having a heart to bless the patients there, to bring some Christmas joy to them while they're stuck on their beds.

      Details:

      NUH visit - 19 Dec (next sat). Time 10.30am to 2.30pm.

      Carol Rehearsal/ Teaching of balloon sculturing/Wrapping of gifts - 12 Dec (this sat) 2pm to 6pm. @Pacific Mansion, river valley close.

      If you can't make it on the 12th it's fine.

      I'll be there on both dates, Moses will be coming on the 12th to help with the teaching.

      All talents are welcomed, though I think fire breathing won't be much appreciated in the wards.

      There is much joy to be felt when we use our talents to bless others, for no reason other than to spread the love.

      cheers!
      Yvonne
      Call me call me if you want to join us! 92333395.