Venue for WJD2009 (a more complete selection)

  • Chai Sheng Hau
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 7:37 AM

      Below are my evaluations for the venues.
      Comments anyone?

      Esplanade Outdoor Theatre
      http://www.esplanade.com.sg/about_the_centre/venues/outdoor_theatre/index.jsp
      + Sheltered stage and seats with high ceiling
      + Reasonably good flow of crowd to attract
      + Might be able to get it free (coz it wasn't listed as a valid venue for rental)
      + Can retreat to nearby venues if chased away
      - If it's not free then we might be chased away. haha...
      - Props can drop into the Singapore River if not careful

      VivoCity Amphitheatre
      http://www.vivocity.com.sg/eventspaces_amphi.html
      + Sheltered seats
      + Good flow of crowd to attract
      - Rental too expensive (unlikely to get for free)
      - Might be chased away

      OnePeople.sg Amphitheatre
      http://www.onepeople.sg/old/bookinglist.html
      + Cheap rental (could even be free)
      + Won't be chased away
      - Not much of a crowd to attract (i think?)
      - Not sheltered (and doesn't look like there's trees to block the sun?)

      Sheng Hau