Joggling

  • Yihao Ng
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 14, 2008
      Well, I think jugglers being jugglers, are better at juggling than running. Thus the hardest part of joggling is actually the running itself.

      Perhaps you guys can consider walkling (walk-juggle) at next year New Paper Big Walk. And since you're walking, you can juggle clubs, balls, diabolo, etc etc. That's gonna be more attractive I feel. But not any less tiring.

      -Yihao

      > To: bteck01@...; bteck01@...
      > CC: thecollectiveus@...; kfloh@...; carrie_chan_73@...; yvotan@...; singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com
      > From: yvotan@...
      > Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:36:16 +0800
      > Subject: Re: [singaporejugglers] Strangest Exclamation Heard When Juggling
      >
      > you know, i think you just got your team of 4. Carrie, Willie, boon teck and Jiahui.
      >
      > i self declare white flag because i'll single handedly bring you from 1st to last place. :)
      >

      > --- wrote:
      > Maybe i can complete marathons by jogging (not joggling), but reallyreally sceptical about coming in 5th, 50th or even 500th for thatmatter haaa...
      >
      > Boon Teck

      Make the most of what you can do on your PC and the Web, just the way you want. Windows Live
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 15, 2008

        The Sundown Marathon starts at night. Could be too a little dark for juggling.

        Well – maybe we can do the New Paper Walk together, juggle and entertain others along the way.

        Walk-Juggling >> Wuggling? (seems like such a term exists on the net)

        Cheers!

        kf

        HAHAHA.   Loh Koah Fong wrote:
        > I slept most of the afternoon... L Last night, while waiting for
        mykids, I juggled 3 to 5 ballsunder a flat for about ½ hour. Nobodynoticed or gave comments.   Jiahui: How do you do " 4-ball bouncecascade "? To do the 4-ball shower, start with 2 balls each hand andbegin throwing like 3 ball shower but higher. You should get thehang ofit. Aren't you running in the StandChart marathon tomorrow?  Cheers!   kf   *From:* singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com[mailto:singaporejug glers@yahoogroup s.com] *On Behalf Of*JiahuiCai*Sent:* Saturday, 06 December, 2008 7:23 PM*To:*singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com*Subject:* [singaporejugglers]Strangest Exclamation Heard WhenJuggling   Since everyone's soquiet. I've got quite a lot of different exclamations whenIjuggle/unicycle inmy area but today's got to be the best oneever. This old guy came up to me and went "You've been doing thatfor 3hours???" So anyhow, in four hours, 1) I'm
        > convinced I suck at clubs - I can't do 4 anymore. Ortwo-in-a-handfor that
        matter.2)
        > You *can* bloody your hands juggling.3) I've a solid 3-ball bounceshower4)
        I've a pretty solid 4-ball bounce cascade5) I've a prettyok 4-ball bounce shower6) I still can't juggle the 4-ball shower Howdid YOU spend your Saturday?

      • carrie chan
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 15, 2008
          Good idea KF!

          Was a bit worried when you guys started to talk about competitively joggling since i run very slowly.

          Well, I think jugglers being jugglers, are better at juggling than running. Thus the hardest part of joggling is actually the running itself.

          Perhaps you guys can consider walkling (walk-juggle) at next year New Paper Big Walk. And since you're walking, you can juggle clubs, balls, diabolo, etc etc. That's gonna be more attractive I feel. But not any less tiring.

          -Yihao

          > To: bteck01@yahoo. com; bteck01@yahoo. com
          > CC: thecollectiveus@ gmail.com; kfloh@pmail. ntu.edu.sg; carrie_chan_ 73@yahoo. com; yvotan@singnet. com.sg; singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com
          > From: yvotan@singnet. com.sg
          > Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:36:16 +0800
          > Subject: Re: [singaporejugglers] Strangest Exclamation Heard When Juggling
          >
          > you know, i think you just got your team of 4. Carrie, Willie, boon teck and Jiahui.
          >
          > i self declare white flag because i'll single handedly bring you from 1st to last place. :)
          >

          > --- wrote:
          > Maybe i can complete marathons by jogging (not joggling), but reallyreally sceptical about coming in 5th, 50th or even 500th for thatmatter haaa...
          >
          > Boon Teck

        • Hian Kai
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 17, 2008
            KF, I think in keeping with the trend of swapping in the first two
            letters of "jogging" into "juggling", it becomes "waggling" which
            gives a pretty funny sounding word.

            I have a plan to practice joggling with airflites. Or break out my
            devilstick and use that while running. I tried it once, it's actually
            much harder than joggling cos' the stick reached a lot closer to my
            legs while I was spinning it thus increasing the chance that I
            accidentally kick it while running.

            I think I'll have to wait till summer to try it again

            Kai

            --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Loh Koah Fong" <kfloh@...>

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 17, 2008
              Here's how one runner did joggling:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FAlU-8nTd0
              Maybe one day I give it a try at the NTU track. :)

              wrote:

              > The Sundown Marathon starts at night. Could be too a little dark for
              juggling.

              > Well - maybe we can do the New Paper Walk together, juggle and
              entertain others along the way.

              > Walk-Juggling >> Wuggling? (seems like such a term exists on the net)
              >

              > Cheers!
              >

              > kf

            • Jiahui Cai

                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 18, 2008
                  haha..thanks JH for suggesting the dictionary.

                  Joggle: gently move back and forth, sway, jiggle, shake slightly; cause to sway or jiggle

                  Waggle: move from side to side (of the tail); swing, shake; sway

                  Try replacing all our usage of "joggling" with "swaying".

                  We'll sway 10.5km through the sundown marathon!

                  ;)