Re: [singaporejugglers] Strangest Exclamation Heard When Juggling

  • Jiahui Cai
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 14, 2008
      Incidentally I'm online.

      Michael Kapral joggles marathons and comes in 5th overall.

      Boon Teck wrote:
      Hello!

      Joggling sounds interested.  Let me know if you guys have some concrete plans to go ahead with the idea.  I think Yvonne,Wee Lee also interested (from facebook =p)

      Jiahui, what award you planning to win? =) we cannot possibly outrun anybody while juggling..=p   i was thinking maybe some juggling with SLOW jog TOGETHER if its 10km.

      Cheers,
      Boon Teck

      From: Jiahui Cai <thecollectiveus@ gmail.com>
      To: yvotan@singnet. com.sg
      Cc: "Loh Koah Fong" <kfloh@pmail. ntu.edu.sg>, singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, 7 December, 2008, 6:51 PM
      Eh want not want not next year's Adidas Sundown marathon we form team and joggle. It's 10.5km * 4 people.

      How come I didn't know downtown east got act?

      And about stand chart - Half-marathons are runs. Heck, even 30km runs are runs. Admittedly some marathons might be runs but stand chart was an Ordeal.

      I do force bounce. I can't quite get the hang of the toss bounce version although I'm doing that for the half-shower.

      What do you bounce juggle with? I can't find balls large enough yet bouncy enough.

      Yvonne Tan wrote:
      yo Jiahui,

      do you do 4 ball async bounce in the toss (palms up) or force bounce (palms down) way? haven't tried bounce juggling for a while. i can barely do a toss 4 ball bounce version and the force bounce...i dun even want to try.

      i was at standard chartered too! was thinking of joggling, but decided not to be too kay
       kiang.

      On friday i went to watch the circus show at downtown east. there are two juggling acts in it. The male juggler did an interesting routine with 1 m long sticks (juggling them in a reverse spin and looking like he may poke his eyes out anytime) and big big balls.

      the female juggler was actually my fav act of the whole show. She did 5 and 6 huge rings, a 4 club routine and some 5 club juggling. She had grace and finesse and got the whole crowd cheering her on. I am quite inspired by what i saw.

      there was also a unicycling act (he jumped onto an ultimate wheel from another ultimate wheel!) and an act featuring interesting fire props of all variations.

      saturday was spent eating chilli crab.

      ---  wrote:
      Sorry was not using brain. I think it's called 4-ball
       asynchronous.

      Yea. Are you? Someone should start a joggling club here. HAHAHA.

      Loh Koah Fong wrote:

      I slept most of the afternoon... L

      Last night, while waiting for my kids, I juggled 3 to 5 ballsunder a
      flat for about ½ hour. Nobody noticed or gave comments.

      Jiahui:

      How do you do " 4-ball bounce cascade "?

      To do the 4-ball shower, start with 2 balls each hand and begin
      throwing like 3 ball shower but higher. You should get the hang ofit.

      Aren't you running in the StandChart marathon tomorrow?

      Cheers!

      kf

      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 14, 2008
        Maybe i can complete marathons by jogging (not joggling), but really really sceptical about coming in 5th, 50th or even 500th for that matter haaa...

        Boon Teck

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 14, 2008
          you know, i think you just got your team of 4. Carrie, Willie, boon teck and Jiahui.

          i self declare white flag because i'll single handedly bring you from 1st to last place. :)

          On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Loh Koah Fong <kfloh@...> wrote:

[...]

          I slept most of the afternoon... L�Last night, while waiting for mykids, I juggled 3 to 5 ballsunder a flat for about � hour. Nobodynoticed or gave comments.� �Jiahui:�How do you do " 4-ball bouncecascade "?�To do the 4-ball shower, start with 2 balls each hand andbegin throwing like 3 ball shower but higher. You should get thehang ofit.�Aren't you running in the StandChart marathon tomorrow?��Cheers!� �kf� �*From:* singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com[mailto:singaporejug glers@yahoogroup s.com] *On Behalf Of*JiahuiCai*Sent:* Saturday, 06 December, 2008 7:23 PM*To:*singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com*Subject:* [singaporejugglers]Strangest Exclamation Heard WhenJuggling� �Since everyone's soquiet.�I've got quite a lot of different exclamations whenIjuggle/unicycle inmy area but today's got to be the best oneever.�This old guy came up to me and went "You've been doing thatfor 3hours???"�So anyhow, in four hours,�1) I'm
          convinced I suck at clubs - I can't do 4 anymore. Ortwo-in-a-handfor that matter.2)
          You *can* bloody your hands juggling.3) I've a solid 3-ball bounceshower4) I've a pretty solid 4-ball bounce cascade5) I've a prettyok 4-ball bounce shower6) I still can't juggle the 4-ball shower�Howdid YOU spend your Saturday?������ ��

        • Yihao Ng
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 14, 2008
            Well, I think jugglers being jugglers, are better at juggling than running. Thus the hardest part of joggling is actually the running itself.

            Perhaps you guys can consider walkling (walk-juggle) at next year New Paper Big Walk. And since you're walking, you can juggle clubs, balls, diabolo, etc etc. That's gonna be more attractive I feel. But not any less tiring.

            -Yihao

            > To: bteck01@...; bteck01@...
            > CC: thecollectiveus@...; kfloh@...; carrie_chan_73@...; yvotan@...; singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com
            > From: yvotan@...
            > Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:36:16 +0800
            > Subject: Re: [singaporejugglers] Strangest Exclamation Heard When Juggling
            >
            > you know, i think you just got your team of 4. Carrie, Willie, boon teck and Jiahui.
            >
            > i self declare white flag because i'll single handedly bring you from 1st to last place. :)
            >

            > --- wrote:
            > Maybe i can complete marathons by jogging (not joggling), but reallyreally sceptical about coming in 5th, 50th or even 500th for thatmatter haaa...
            >
            > Boon Teck

            Make the most of what you can do on your PC and the Web, just the way you want. Windows Live
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 15, 2008

              The Sundown Marathon starts at night. Could be too a little dark for juggling.

              Well – maybe we can do the New Paper Walk together, juggle and entertain others along the way.

              Walk-Juggling >> Wuggling? (seems like such a term exists on the net)

              Cheers!

              kf

              HAHAHA.   Loh Koah Fong wrote:
              > I slept most of the afternoon... L Last night, while waiting for
              mykids, I juggled 3 to 5 ballsunder a flat for about ½ hour. Nobodynoticed or gave comments.   Jiahui: How do you do " 4-ball bouncecascade "? To do the 4-ball shower, start with 2 balls each hand andbegin throwing like 3 ball shower but higher. You should get thehang ofit. Aren't you running in the StandChart marathon tomorrow?  Cheers!   kf   *From:* singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com[mailto:singaporejug glers@yahoogroup s.com] *On Behalf Of*JiahuiCai*Sent:* Saturday, 06 December, 2008 7:23 PM*To:*singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com*Subject:* [singaporejugglers]Strangest Exclamation Heard WhenJuggling   Since everyone's soquiet. I've got quite a lot of different exclamations whenIjuggle/unicycle inmy area but today's got to be the best oneever. This old guy came up to me and went "You've been doing thatfor 3hours???" So anyhow, in four hours, 1) I'm
              > convinced I suck at clubs - I can't do 4 anymore. Ortwo-in-a-handfor that
              matter.2)
              > You *can* bloody your hands juggling.3) I've a solid 3-ball bounceshower4)
              I've a pretty solid 4-ball bounce cascade5) I've a prettyok 4-ball bounce shower6) I still can't juggle the 4-ball shower Howdid YOU spend your Saturday?

            • carrie chan
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 15, 2008
                Good idea KF!

                Was a bit worried when you guys started to talk about competitively joggling since i run very slowly.

                Well, I think jugglers being jugglers, are better at juggling than running. Thus the hardest part of joggling is actually the running itself.

                Perhaps you guys can consider walkling (walk-juggle) at next year New Paper Big Walk. And since you're walking, you can juggle clubs, balls, diabolo, etc etc. That's gonna be more attractive I feel. But not any less tiring.

                -Yihao

                > To: bteck01@yahoo. com; bteck01@yahoo. com
                > CC: thecollectiveus@ gmail.com; kfloh@pmail. ntu.edu.sg; carrie_chan_ 73@yahoo. com; yvotan@singnet. com.sg; singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com
                > From: yvotan@singnet. com.sg
                > Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:36:16 +0800
                > Subject: Re: [singaporejugglers] Strangest Exclamation Heard When Juggling
                >
                > you know, i think you just got your team of 4. Carrie, Willie, boon teck and Jiahui.
                >
                > i self declare white flag because i'll single handedly bring you from 1st to last place. :)
                >

                > --- wrote:
                > Maybe i can complete marathons by jogging (not joggling), but reallyreally sceptical about coming in 5th, 50th or even 500th for thatmatter haaa...
                >
                > Boon Teck

              • Hian Kai
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 17, 2008
                  KF, I think in keeping with the trend of swapping in the first two
                  letters of "jogging" into "juggling", it becomes "waggling" which
                  gives a pretty funny sounding word.

                  I have a plan to practice joggling with airflites. Or break out my
                  devilstick and use that while running. I tried it once, it's actually
                  much harder than joggling cos' the stick reached a lot closer to my
                  legs while I was spinning it thus increasing the chance that I
                  accidentally kick it while running.

                  I think I'll have to wait till summer to try it again

                  Kai

                  --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Loh Koah Fong" <kfloh@...>

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 17, 2008
                    Here's how one runner did joggling:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FAlU-8nTd0
                    Maybe one day I give it a try at the NTU track. :)

                    wrote:

                    > The Sundown Marathon starts at night. Could be too a little dark for
                    juggling.

                    > Well - maybe we can do the New Paper Walk together, juggle and
                    entertain others along the way.

                    > Walk-Juggling >> Wuggling? (seems like such a term exists on the net)
                    >

                    > Cheers!
                    >

                    > kf

                  • Jiahui Cai

                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 18, 2008
                        haha..thanks JH for suggesting the dictionary.

                        Joggle: gently move back and forth, sway, jiggle, shake slightly; cause to sway or jiggle

                        Waggle: move from side to side (of the tail); swing, shake; sway

                        Try replacing all our usage of "joggling" with "swaying".

                        We'll sway 10.5km through the sundown marathon!

                        ;)