New poll for singaporejugglers

  • singaporejugglers@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 25, 2000
      Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the singaporejugglers
      group:

      Why the declining attendance at Youth
      Park?
      The attendance at the Youth Park this
      year has been in a decline. So much so
      that for the last one month, only 4 to 6
      people are there.
      It's really a concern for us and we hope
      to find out why. Is it because of lack
      of time or lost in interest?
      Let us know by clicking the answers
      below and we will try to solve the
      problem. You may click more than one
      choice if it applies.
      Please make an attempt to respond. Be
      truthful as it is assured that no one
      (even I) knows who made what choices.
      The result will be out in two week's
      time.
      Thanks for your input. Bless you.
      koah fong

      o I am always there (2 or more times a month).
      o I am sometimes there (once a month).
      o I am rarely there (once every 3 months).
      o I have never been to Youth Park (I live in Singapore).
      o I have never been to Youth Park (I don't live in Singapore).
      o I have my studies, work or family committments and I can't afford the time.
      o I don't have props to juggle.
      o I have lost interest in juggling.
      o I just wish to juggle alone but keep in touch with other jugglers via eGroups.
      o I found it difficult and frustrating to learn juggling there.
      o No one to teach me at Youth Park.
      o There's nothing new for me to learn.
      o I felt ignored when I am there, the rest seem to be doing their own stuff.
      o I was discouraged by my standards compared to the good jugglers.
      o The people there are weird and not my type.
      o People like Roy spitting fire scares me off ... (luckily he's not in the eGroup :)
      o The music is too loud over there.
      o Youth Park is out of the way and inconvenient to access.
      o There's nothing appealing for me to go back often.
      o The group lacked some organised activity.
      o I wished the group can sometimes organise something else rather than juggling.
      o I have other things to do on Fridays instead.
      o My husband/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend/mom/pet goldfish says I can only choose one - juggling or him/her/it :)

      http://www.egroups.com/polls/singaporejugglers

      not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • singaporejugglers@egroups.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2001
        Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the singaporejugglers
        group:

        It's Decision2001. Who'll win the
        juggling haiku contest -- and the
        admiration of fellow jugglers, and a
        squashable Picasso nose?

        Please vote for your favourite
        jugglaiku. You can use whatever criteria
        is important to you: beauty of language,
        elegance of rhythm, freshness of ideas,
        or just plain weirdness.

        o throw throw catch throw drop ...
        o throwing higher up ...
        o passing through the air, ...
        o pick up and toss it. ...
        o something to show you; ...
        o quite quiet and still ...
        o devil sticks and tricks: ...
        o magic knot is not ...
        o beanbags drop and stop. ...
        o danger! dangerous! ...
        o cast a spell, juggler! ...
        o Diabolo on string, ...
        o 5, 7 and 5, ...
        o The Routine

      • singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 14, 2002
          singaporejugglers group:

          What colour would you like the
          SingaporeJugglers' World Juggling Day
          2002 Tee-shirt to be? Please choose
          one option.-->

          o Black
          o White
          o Grey
          o Navy Blue
          o Red
          o Yellow
          o Don't care
          o Don't want a Tee-shirt
          o What's "World Juggling Day"?
          o What's "juggling"?

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6, 2004
            singaporejugglers group:

            Which venue do you prefer for our Friday
            juggling sessions?

            o Youth Park
            o Esplanade Underpass

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • knik pang
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 11, 2004
              Actually the organisation has existed for three years as a company, the only difference now is, it is going to be a Non Governmental Organisation, in another words it is a non-profit organisation. It is called circusOUTREACH.The organisation spends a big part of its time and resources to reach out to youth and children through circus workshop in schools and social service centres.Actually what I have started is a . It is also a volunteer hosting organisation which link volunteers to fill various gaps in the community,i.e caring clown unit, a regular hospital vistation programme.

              Recently, we have decided to set aside time and resources on promoting circus arts in singapore so that it will slowly pave the way for us to form a youth circus in three years time. WJD is one small way that we can help. I have made arrangement with Downtown East to host the event. CircusOUTREACH will sponsor the prizes fo the juggling competition, lets have dube vouchers, what say you guys. And Yoho will sponsor some percentage of the t-shirts. We have the distributorship of YOHO diabolos. Now I would need ideas from you guys. If you have someone in mind that we could invite (pay) to be the judge and perform for WJD, please suggest and I will try my best to make arangement. Please no Anthony Gatto! or Victor kee. I can sell the whole company and still not be able to afford.

              I am also keen to form a YOHO team so that I can increase the sales of diabolos, I am still very much a businessman. I need to bring in enough money so that I can fund activities and events. if you are interested in this please write to me. Ian, I count you in. Jugglers you are definitely more than welcome to join us. Afterall this team is partly created to give people a chance to perform. We are not looking for six balls or seven clubs jugglers, but anyone who wants to perform.

              And if koah fong wants to do something to the website, I can host it on circusoutreach website.

              CircusOUTREACH can "adopt" you guys, so that there will be resources and support that could achieve results that as a informal group you could not achieve. I would like to collaberate with you so that we can bring circusarts to another level.

              Knik
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 11, 2004
                Hey !

                    Sounds exciting! Perhaps one day singapore will have its very own circus! A sound system on WJD would be nice, perhaps a stage or a banner, and stage juggling demos? Where anyone can just go up to show anything at all, silly stuff included.

                Juggle on!
                Minjiang

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 11, 2004
                    It will have sound system,banner, stage.

                    Knik

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 12, 2004
                      Hello!
                      Great to hear that the circus scene will be
                      rejuvenated and given new life!

                      Btw, Knik, would you mind if NUSjugglers co-organize
                      this year's WJD with you? Actually I have indicated
                      to NUS Sports Club that we will be organizing WJD and
                      we have started working on the designs of the T-shirt.
                      But we are a zero-budget club and it will be GREAT
                      GREAT to have a company with the resources to organize
                      the event and make it BIG!

                      Cheers!
                      Boon Teck
                      NUS Juggling Club Chairperson

                      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
                    • knik pang
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 12, 2004
                        Ng Teck, welcome onboard. Let's meet so that we can tie uo the loose ends and can you please gather suggestions from the rest as Friday is a bad time for me to be around.

                        Knik

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 12, 2004
                          singaporejugglers group:

                          Which is your preferred tagline on WJD
                          T-shirt 2004?

                          o To juggle is to find the most difficult way to do the unnecessary
                          o Life is a struggle, if you can't juggle
                          o Jugglers are good to the last drop
                          o Down with Gravity!
                          o I'd rather be juggling

                          web site listed above.