From The New York Times

  • JimmyJuggler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
      Hi jugglers,

      Here's a neat article  "
      As Seen on YouTube (and Pretty Much Only on YouTube)" from The New York Times about Vova Galchenko:

      http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/sports/playmagazine/601juggler.html?pagewanted=1

      I like what the author, Jason Fagone, wrote about Vova, "Galchenko is able to blur the transitions between tricks so completely that it often seems as if he’s not doing tricks at all. Instead, he’s unspooling a comic monologue about gravity."

      Juggling is Cool !

      Cheers,
      Chi Minh

    • JimmyJuggler
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
        Hi again,

        Couldn't resist adding this....I noticed that the sequence of the 6 photos headlining the article on the first page show Vova juggling 5 clubs in the siteswap pattern 97531 with the 1 as a pass behind-the-back before resuming the 5-club cascade.

        I found it surprising to learn from the article that Vova has stage fright!   It's interesting to make a comparison (not sure if it's a fair one though) with Anthony Gatto, who is an extremely athletic and technical juggler with loads of showmanship and panache.   Perhaps the differences between them could be explained by their different backgrounds and life experiences with juggling whilst growing up.

        Cheers
        Chi Minh