Re: [singaporejugglers] One-armed Juggler

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 7:01 AM
      Casey Boehmer!!

      I still have the poster of the family on the wall in my room.

      Watching casey (who was born with only one arm) do 5 ring juggling still ranks as one of the most inspiring things i've ever seen live.

      the family website here: http://www.tbfj.com/main.html

      I think casey holds some world record for one armed juggling.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1 8:43 AM
        the biggest challenge to juggling is....how to keep the room neat with all the props lying around!?

        Over the last weekend i finally emptied THREE overspilling duffel bags full of props into my newly bought MUJI boxes. MUJI is inside the bugis junction dept store, formerly Seiyu now called BHG.

        These are plastic drawer boxes that you can stack up to infinity, if your ceiling allows it. all my props take up FOUR boxes! each box is 60x40x24cm! at last count i had like 19 club like things, 6 diabolos (including toy ones) and i don't even want to count my beanbags/balls.

        so if anyone is having the same "i can't see the floor of my room anymore" problem, try MUJI.

        ---------------------------

        Here are some really interesting out of the norm videos:

        1)
        Here's one for the 3 ball lovers. very fast hands, don't look that difficult but very cool looking.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY4Q2F-Rh-4

        2)
        Japanese Juggler Yuta. Expert in combining club juggling with club spinning.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vAE74qeRBA&feature=user

        3)
        Sharpe Brothers. i think the best US diabolists? Some interesting diabolo tricks i've never seen.
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=S_f8gU20oWM

        one for everyone.
        -yvonne
      • Jiahui Cai
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1 9:07 AM
          I've recently found a nice solution too - and it fits with the decor too.

          I've these shoe cabinets - http://www.ikea.com.sg/products/product_display.asp?id=228
          There's no partition in there so you can dump everything in and/or use little boxes in there to further separate your equipment. They fit clubs and best of all, they look nice with my room decor.

          JH

          ------------ --------- ------

          Here are some really interesting out of the norm videos:

          1)
          Here's one for the 3 ball lovers. very fast hands, don't look that difficult but very cool looking.
          http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=SY4Q2F- Rh-4

          2)
          Japanese Juggler Yuta. Expert in combining club juggling with club spinning.
          http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=1vAE74qeRBA& feature=user

          3)
          Sharpe Brothers. i think the best US diabolists? Some interesting diabolo tricks i've never seen.
          http://youtube. com/watch? v=S_f8gU20oWM

          one for everyone.
          -yvonne

        • socksofyihong
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1 9:13 AM
            Maybe you should sell or donate (^_^) some of your stuff? No point
            keeping all of it, if it's not going to be used.

            --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, Yvonne Tan <yvotan@...> wrote:

            > the biggest challenge to juggling is....how to keep the room neat
            with all the props lying around!?

            > Over the last weekend i finally emptied THREE overspilling duffel
            bags full of props into my newly bought MUJI boxes. MUJI is inside the
            bugis junction dept store, formerly Seiyu now called BHG.

            > These are plastic drawer boxes that you can stack up to infinity, if
            your ceiling allows it. all my props take up FOUR boxes! each box is
            60x40x24cm! at last count i had like 19 club like things, 6 diabolos
            (including toy ones) and i don't even want to count my beanbags/balls.

            > so if anyone is having the same "i can't see the floor of my room
            anymore" problem, try MUJI.

            > ---------------------------
            >
            > Here are some really interesting out of the norm videos:
            >
            > 1)
            > Here's one for the 3 ball lovers. very fast hands, don't look that
            difficult but very cool looking.
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY4Q2F-Rh-4
            >
            > 2)
            > Japanese Juggler Yuta. Expert in combining club juggling with club
            spinning.
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vAE74qeRBA&feature=user
            >
            > 3)
            > Sharpe Brothers. i think the best US diabolists? Some interesting
            diabolo tricks i've never seen.
            > http://youtube.com/watch?v=S_f8gU20oWM
            >

            > one for everyone.
            > -yvonne

          • JimmyJuggler
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2 2:23 AM
              Hi,

              I use an antique cargo trunk and various containers to keep my props organised.  Speaking of selling off one's second-hand juggling props, I have the following available for anyone who's interested:

              - Four used Dube Airflites (my very first set of clubs and maybe they might be someone else's too)
              - Three used Beard Street Pro Fire Torches (these are still available)
              - One unused flower-stick (made with black-rubber strips and comes with black-rubber control sticks)

              Contact me at 97308342 to view.

              Cheers
              Chi Minh

              Maybe you should sell or donate (^_^) some of your stuff? No point
              keeping all of it, if it's not going to be used.

              --- In singaporejugglers@ yahoogroups. com, Yvonne Tan <yvotan@...> wrote:

              > the biggest challenge to juggling is....how to keep the room neat
              with all the props lying around!?

              > Over the last weekend i finally emptied THREE overspilling duffel
              bags full of props into my newly bought MUJI boxes. MUJI is inside the
              bugis junction dept store, formerly Seiyu now called BHG.

              > These are plastic drawer boxes that you can stack up to infinity, if
              your ceiling allows it. all my props take up FOUR boxes! each box is
              60x40x24cm! at last count i had like 19 club like things, 6 diabolos
              (including toy ones) and i don't even want to count my beanbags/balls.

              > so if anyone is having the same "i can't see the floor of my room
              anymore" problem, try MUJI.

              > ------------ --------- ------
              >
              > Here are some really interesting out of the norm videos:
              >
              > 1)
              > Here's one for the 3 ball lovers. very fast hands, don't look that
              difficult but very cool looking.
              > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=SY4Q2F- Rh-4
              >
              > 2)
              > Japanese Juggler Yuta. Expert in combining club juggling with club
              spinning.
              > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=1vAE74qeRBA& feature=user
              >
              > 3)
              > Sharpe Brothers. i think the best US diabolists? Some interesting
              diabolo tricks i've never seen.
              > http://youtube. com/watch? v=S_f8gU20oWM
              >

              > one for everyone.
              > -yvonne

              __._,_

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2 8:57 PM

                There are photos of their performance in Jun-2002 at Marina square at our group site

                Casey Boehmer is amazing. More about him at his family website http://www.tbfj.com/awards.html

                Cheers!

                kf

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 3 6:12 AM
                  Hi Yvonne,

                  I agree that the 3 ball tricks are not hard... just needs some time to analyze them,
                  break them up, and put them together again. haha...

                  This is one of the things i like about juggling, learning new tricks from videos.
                  Hey maybe we should spend part of our weekly sessions dissecting tricks
                  and learning them. someone bring a laptop leh, let's watch juggling videos
                  on fridays.

                  note to beginners -- if you can roughly do the mills mess, then you'll prob be
                  able to learn many tricks from the video below.

                  note to not-so-beginners -- let's learn some common site-swaps together...
                  it'll be more fun this way, (6x,4)(4,6x) seems challenging enough to start with. haha...

                  Sheng Hau