Welcome !

  • JimmyJuggler
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2008
      Hi Singapore Jugglers

      A warm welcome to both new and current members of the Singapore Jugglers Yahoogroup in this new year!  A grand new year has begun and I look forward to a year where our juggling grows both in breadth and depth.  I hope that our juggling repertoire expands through the people who juggle; I am also hopeful that our juggling deepens in knowledge and skills.

      For the benefit of the new joiners to this yahoogroup, the chief moderator of this yahoogroup is Koah Fong.  He is deeply passionate about juggling and has been the the chief moderator since 1999.

      My name is Chi Minh and I'm one of the other moderators.  I invite the new joiners to introduce themselves.  Let me get the ball rolling (the pun is fully intended).... I've been juggling since the 1980s and I love to juggle balls the most;  I'm currently refining my 5-ball technique, working on 3-ball combos, and working on the 6-ball fountain.  I also enjoy juggling with clubs and I use Radical Fish clubs even though I struggle to attain more fluid movements (that's my goal).  Currently I'm practising the 4-club fountain and foundational tricks for the 5-club cascade.  I also enjoy Cigar Box manipulation and practise a variety of old-school and contemporary moves.   Occasionally I do club-swinging and my favourite combo comprises the Forward Chase, Reverse Chase and Fountain.

      Happy Juggling!

    • Hian Kai
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
        Oh, wow... it's 2008 already? Time flies.

        Since I'm in my office with downtime and not much to do I'll follow
        Chi Minh's example for the benefit of any new people that don't know me.

        My name is Kai, I've been juggling since 2003 but been slacking off
        traditional ball / club juggling in favor of Devilsticks. I would say
        I'm the adjunct devilstick guru of the Singapore juggling club
        (blowing my own trumpet a little), since I'm in the US working and
        only hang out with them when I'm in Singapore for vacation. I dabble
        in other things too: ball / club juggling, contact juggling and a
        little bit of Yoyos. Currently working on 5 ball cascade, twin
        devilstick propeller tricks and the butterfly for contact juggling. I
        juggle mainly for the challenge of doing new tricks, and unlike Chi
        Minh, I'm not so concerned with making a trick fluid (except for
        contact juggling)... that takes a lot of work and I'm lazy.

        Oh yeah... big fan of Dube equipment. Except for their beanbags.

        Kai

        --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, JimmyJuggler
        <jimmyjuggler@...> wrote:

        > Hi Singapore Jugglers
        >
        > A warm welcome to both new and current members of the Singapore
        Jugglers Yahoogroup in this new year! A grand new year has begun and
        I look forward to a year where our juggling grows both in breadth and
        depth. I hope that our juggling repertoire expands through the people
        who juggle; I am also hopeful that our juggling deepens in knowledge
        and skills.

        > For the benefit of the new joiners to this yahoogroup, the chief
        moderator of this yahoogroup is Koah Fong. He is deeply passionate
        about juggling and has been the the chief moderator since 1999.

        > My name is Chi Minh and I'm one of the other moderators. I invite
        the new joiners to introduce themselves. Let me get the ball rolling
        (the pun is fully intended).... I've been juggling since the 1980s and
        I love to juggle balls the most; I'm currently refining my 5-ball
        technique, working on 3-ball combos, and working on the 6-ball
        fountain. I also enjoy juggling with clubs and I use Radical Fish
        clubs even though I struggle to attain more fluid movements (that's my
        goal). Currently I'm practising the 4-club fountain and foundational
        tricks for the 5-club cascade. I also enjoy Cigar Box manipulation
        and practise a variety of old-school and contemporary moves.
        Occasionally I do club-swinging and my favourite combo comprises the
        Forward Chase, Reverse Chase and Fountain.

        > Happy Juggling!
        >
        > Chi Minh

        > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      • socksofyihong
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2008
          I'm Yee Hong, the Smunderpass guy. I like juggling balls and diabolos.
          Don't really like the other props so much, although it may change in
          the future.

          On a unrelated note, I'm currently learning Japanese on my own, mainly
          through Youtube. I'm planning to take the JLPT at the end of this
          year. If you have similiar plans, contact me if you like someone to
          practice with. Hp 98289293. I'm having problem with the polite levels
          (ignoring them for time being), homophones (words sounding the same,
          but differs in meaning) and particles (ni, ga...). Currently working
          on listening and reading only, (speaking is not possible without
          native speakers).
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2008
            Hi All,

            It's me Koah Fong. :)
            I took over from Lilian in the ownership of this YahooGroup.

            My favourite prop is still 3 ball juggling. They are so handy and I have
            some in my car all the time so I can juggle if I have time to kill.
            With 2 kids (age 7 and 10) growing up so fast, I really have less time
            for regular practice. But I am still working on my 3 ball back-crosses
            and get more consistent on my "neck-catch-and-flick" trick. Whenever I
            juggle, I try out my 5 ball cascade too just to check if I still got it.
            Luckily still OK! :)

            Hope the two kids grow up to pick up juggling so I can have someone
            ready to pass clubs with. :)
            Ha ha ha...

            Cheers!

            Koah fong