SMU next thursday 6.30pm?

  • socksofyihong
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2007
      I will be juggling at SMU next thursday at 6.30pm. Who's going?
    • JimmyJuggler
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2007
        Hi Yihong,   I'm up for it.

        /Chi Minh

        socksofyihong <socksofyihong@...> wrote:
        I will be juggling at SMU next thursday at 6.30pm. Who's going?

        __

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
          Psst. Juggling Sights and findings in singapore.

          1) Michael Menes is performing at the Singapore Science centre.

          The Michael Menes Show

          1-2 Dec: 4pm, 7.30pm
          3-5 Dec: 2pm, 4pm
          8-9 Dec: 2pm, 4pm, 7.30pm

          Witness world-class juggler extraordinaire, Michael Menes, as he showcases the fine art of physical dexterity with sophisticated acts like light and shadow juggling.

          http://www.science.edu.sg/ssc/ibrowse.jsp?artid=7814&type=11&root=0&parent=0&cat=0&stat=Preview&print=1

          2) Juggling Bean Bags

          I saw some very decent bean bags at a toy shop at Ngee Ann City. I forgot the name (would recognize it if i see it again). I think it's on the 4th floor, on the side of kinokuniya (away from taka).

          the bean bags are really the kind you use for juggling. similar to those that come with juggling books, but with very good size and weight.

          they sell it for 2.90 each i think. or maybe 3.90. Decent price for someone decent who just wants something decent to juggle decently with.

          They also sell hackey sacks or footbags. the "real" kind.

          -----------

          If anyone's thinking of catching menes this weekend, shoot me an sms. haven't decided yet if i'm going, but it's tempting.

          -yvo
        • JimmyJuggler
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007
            Hi Yvonne

            I might want to catch the Michael Menes show on 9 Dec, and it's likely to be in the afternoon.

            cheers
            Chi Minh

            -----------

            _

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007

              Thanks for the info. Maybe I try to catch his act with my kids tomorrow since I am on leave.

              Yvonne: You know the exact venue? And ticket prices?

              Cheers!

              Koah fong

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 3, 2007

                Hi All,

                I checked with Science Centre and below is the info:

                "The Michael Menes Show is held at the Annex Hall 1 and it is free-of-charge, however, the Science Centre admission fee applies. Tickets to the Singapore Science Centre are priced at $6 for Adults and $3 for children aged 3-16 years old."

                Great – that means I can watch it twice at 2pm and 4pm tomorrow. :)

                Enjoy!

                Koah Fong

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007

                  Dear All,

                  The ½ hour show was enjoyable. It had bits of everything from ball juggling (very very little), ball manipulation, mime, plate spinning,  devil sticks and diabolo. I think the mime, devil sticks and diabolo were most enjoyable. And he's still as flexible as before. Michael said the audience are mostly kids so he had bits of everything.

                  Hey, for $6, you get to enjoy the science centre and watch the free show. It's worth it.

                  BTW – if you have SAFRA card, can enjoy further 10% discount.

                  Plan an outing together lah... he looks forward to see you guys!

                  Dates/times: 8-9 Dec: 2pm, 4pm, 7.30pm

                  Cheers!

                  Koah fong

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                    Hi !   Thanks for the review Koah Fong...I had been waiting for one.

                    I'm certainly going to watch him on Sunday 9 Dec at the 4 p.m. show.
                    Yihong and Yvonne, will you going at that time too?

                    Anyone else wanna watch MM?

                    cheers
                    Chi Minh

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007

                      Try to go in 10 to 15 mins early to get settled down and good seats. Because there could be lots of kids.

                      It wasn't full on Wed as only the centre of the three sections were filled.

                      Enjoy! And give him the support!

                      kf

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 7, 2007
                        Doh! I Just missed seeing that show.
                        To all those I saw last friday at the Esplanade, it was good to see
                        you all again. I don't know when I'll be back in Singapore again...

                        Kai

                        --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Loh Koah Fong" <kfloh@...>