Michael Moschen videos on youtube

  • socksofyihong
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      I found several Michael Moschen videos on youtube. These two are my
      favourite. The first one is on contact juggling and the second is on
      bounce juggling inside a triangle.

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=NzdRg6lo4j0
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=-yiuI04Ak2w
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
        Hi Yi Hong,
        Michael Moschen did the triangle act as part of a Motorola advertisement
        way back in 1995. I saw that on TV before.
        Still look fantastic today.
        kf

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
          Hi

          Here's an extract of an article about Michael Moschen from the Winter 1989 - 90 edition of the Juggler's World magazine published by the International Jugglers' Association:

          Moschen feels that it's important to be open to influences from outside juggling itself, from contemporary society, from people one comes in contact with, from other art forms. Sculpture is an important source for him. The work of the twentieth-century Romanian abstract sculptor Konstantin Brancusi is a particular inspiration, his sleek and mysterious forms and his working process, visceral abstraction of form and idea coupled with timeless patience. Another important person for Moschen is his frequent collaborator, the sculptor John Kahn, who has designed objects and sets for him, as well as acting as a sounding board and giving him the use of his studio to experiment with objects himself.

          Now Moschen is planning to expand on elements of the SAM show, doing more work with circles and also going in the direction of architectural elements. The ten-foot triangle that stands in his loft apartment is a major current interest: Moschen is working on using his feet to make different rhythms complementing those of the balls caroming inside it, a complex challenge indeed. In spite of the tap dance classes he had at one time, he still doesn't think of himself as a dancer. But he met the Hollywood dance star Gene Kelly at an American Sallet Theatre gala in 1985. Kelly has always been an idol to him, and he was thrilled when Kelly watched him warming up and said simply, "That's good." It's inspiration enough for Moschen's next big step.

          cheers
          Chi Minh

          socksofyihong <socksofyihong@...> wrote:
          I found several Michael Moschen videos on youtube. These two are my
          favourite. The first one is on contact juggling and the second is on
          bounce juggling inside a triangle.

          http://youtube. com/watch? v=NzdRg6lo4j0
          http://youtube. com/watch? v=-yiuI04Ak2w

          __.