Juggling in Singapore

  • DeLaCroix : )
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 14, 2007
      Hi jugglers!

      There's a new juggler who has just arrived in Singapore, and he's looking forward to meeting other jugglers. Unfortunately, I won't be around this Friday. Is anyone going this Friday?

      Hi Tobias!

      I didnt quite catch everything you said over the phone, so perhaps you might want to do an introduction to the rest of the Singapore Jugglers (remember to click "reply to all") : )

      Anyway, there are practice sessions on Friday nights (8pm onwards) at the Esplanade Underpass.
      Directions for getting there:

      1) Take a train (MRT) to City Hall.
      2) Alight, exit the gantry and do a right turn into "Citi-Link" (Underground shopping mall)
      3) Follow the route, and lookout for a sign that will lead you to Esplanade.
      *You will pass by a Concierge on your way, which is opposite the Restaurant "New York New York".
      You could ask for directions there.
      4) You will have to do a right turn just after "Adidas"... er.. or "Nike". Well, some famous sports brand anyway.
      5) Take the escalator down, and you will see some Art works on your left.
      6) Take the escalator up again, and Voila!

      The esplanade underpass has very fat pillars, and there will be breakdancers, BMX bikers, etc, doing their things there. Just try to spot some jugglers, and say hi!
      *Ask anyone on the streets for any directions. Friendly people here : )

      Cheers,
      Yihao

      Get Windows Live Hotmail now and win concert tickets! PLAY now!
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 14, 2007

        In typical bad quality camera fashion, here is a video shot on impulse last Sunday.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=002zFWMPkY4

        Just for the benefit of those wondering how the balls look when juggled (ignoring effects from bad camera).

        -yvonne
      • Chai Sheng Hau
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 14, 2007
          Hey Yvonne,

          For a moment i thought you can change the colours
          at will! (at the 0:30 - 0:34 portion)
          Would be damn cool if you can time your tricks to
          the change of colours... then it'll look like the balls
          teleported.

          I resisted the temptation to buy more balls,
          and also fearing the fragile balls couldn't
          withstand my torture.

          Hope your osram balls are still in one piece. Haha...

          Sheng Hau

          On 8/14/07, Yvonne Tan <yvotan@...> wrote:

          Hi all,

          In typical bad quality camera fashion, here is a video shot on impulse last Sunday.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=002zFWMPkY4

          Just for the benefit of those wondering how the balls look when juggled (ignoring effects from bad camera).

          -yvonne

        • Hian Kai
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 15, 2007
            Hot Damn...

            Now I want to go get a glow-in-the-dark devilstick and a UV light.
            Imagine: glowinthedark devilstick, white handsticks, white gloves,
            black outfit, UV light.... It's Lazer Vaudeville again!

            Kai

            --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, Yvonne Tan <yvotan@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > In typical bad quality camera fashion, here is a video shot on
            impulse last Sunday.

            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=002zFWMPkY4
            >
            > Just for the benefit of those wondering how the balls look when
            juggled (ignoring effects from bad camera).

            > -yvonne

          • Chan Ti Eu
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 15, 2007
              Way to go!!

              Ti-Eu

              On 8/15/07, Hian Kai <kwahiankai@...> wrote:

              Hot Damn...

              Now I want to go get a glow-in-the-dark devilstick and a UV light.
              Imagine: glowinthedark devilstick, white handsticks, white gloves,
              black outfit, UV light.... It's Lazer Vaudeville again!

              Kai

              --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, Yvonne Tan <yvotan@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > In typical bad quality camera fashion, here is a video shot on
              impulse last Sunday.

              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=002zFWMPkY4
              >
              > Just for the benefit of those wondering how the balls look when
              juggled (ignoring effects from bad camera).

              > -yvonne

            • Tobias Herbig
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 15, 2007
                Hi Folks,

                Sad thing about the Buskers Festival, I was really looking forward to it :-(

                ...as for my person, yes, it looks like I’m having the chance to spend some time here in the city.
                Actually my company is transferring me here (hopefully for the next three years).

                What did I do to consider myself an addictive today?
                I got infected about three years ago (initially it had something to do with a girl, but never mind). The more I learned and the more people I got to know the more it grabbed me ... and didn’t let go so far. Momentarily I mostly stick (literally) to the contactballs but, well, other toys are also nice ;-)
                I’d like to spend much more time on it, but with time this is always kind of a one-sided-relation.

                Whatever, what I want to say is that I’m really looking forward what I will see here.

                Hope to meet you guys/girls on Friday,
                till then, yours Tobias

                -------- Original-Nachricht --------
                Datum: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:57:44 +0000
                Von: "DeLaCroix : )" <delakroix@...>
                An: herbigtobias@...
                CC: "singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com" <singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com>
                Betreff: Juggling in Singapore

                --
                Tobias Herbig
                0172 / 82 82 335

              • Chi Minh
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 17, 2007

                  I think Yvonne is Singapore's answer to Cindy Marvell of LazerVaudeville.

                  cheers

                • tan seebee
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 18, 2007
                    yah she is one cool lady

                    Chi Minh <jimmyjuggler@...> wrote:

                    I think Yvonne is Singapore's answer to Cindy Marvell of LazerVaudeville.

                    cheers

                    Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

                  • Tobias Herbig
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 20, 2007
                      Hello,

                      Sorry, I missed the gathering on Friday.
                      Does anyone of you practice elsewhere during the week?

                      Thank you,
                      Tobias

                      --
                      Tobias Herbig
                      0172 / 82 82 335

                    • meorb715
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 20, 2007
                        Hoowah!!! I want some, but there are none to be had in Mongolia. Jimmy
                        Juggler, how about adding this to your product line? I'll pay you to
                        get me some. :)

                        Thanks for the vid Yvonne!

                        TYL

                        wrote:
                        > Hi all,
                        > In typical bad quality camera fashion, here is a video shot on
                        impulse last Sunday.
                        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=002zFWMPkY4
                        > Just for the benefit of those wondering how the balls look when
                        juggled (ignoring effects from bad camera).
                        > -yvonne
                      • socksofyihong
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 22, 2007
                          There's another group of diaboloists and jugglers that practice at a
                          community center near Braddell MRT station on Wednesdays, from around
                          6.30pm to 9.30pm. It's a nice place to practice. As it's outdoor you
                          can practice your fire and high tricks.