Possible juggling location???

  • Jolyon Caplin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2007
      Hi there...

      I was doing a bit of performing in @Central, above the Clarke Quay
      MRT station this weekend... Yesterday with Kai Lun, too...

      After you all discussing about SMU Underpass, etc. locations for
      juggling meets, I wonder if the riverside face of @Central would be
      good. Lights go out at 9pm but there is still plenty of street
      lighting from the river area. It's the other side of the river from
      the Reverse Bungy and there are many people to appreciate juggling
      (even my beginner's stuff!) There's a polished marble area that has
      a very high covering and then there you can go down some wide steps
      to the riverside itself.

      I feel that nice non-edgy stuff like juggling and maybe unicycling
      would even be welcomed by the Management of @Central 'cos they are
      trying to establish themselves amongst the strong competition.

      Just a thought :-)

      Cheers,

      Jolyon
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2007
        hi jolyon!

        i think i know the place you're talking about. i've walked past the place a few times and each time i thought what a great place it is to busk.

        it's nice and laid back and there're heartlander crowds sitting around with nothing to do. readily available audience.

        the only fear is that equipment will roll and plop straight into the river.

        not too sure about the lighting too but i guess we have plenty of Osram balls to juggle, drop and destroy....