of 12 yr old Jeremy and more WJD07 info

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2007
      yo all!

      Friday was fun. Very inspiring to see 12 year old Jeremy's juggling talent, energy and enthusiasm.

      He gave me some tips on 6x,4 and 3club kickups to 4 club fountain. If anyone wants them i'll gladly share what he said. Timing is very important for the 2nd trick!

      Anyway, his mom brought along a video camera and our little session on Friday was uploaded onto YouTube:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JZJxB2gvnM

      It's called "Juggling in Singapore" and his comments were "i went to a big juggling meeting place and met tons of other jugglers." :)

      Jeremy will be competing in the WJF (World Juggling Federation) Juniors competition this year. that's the one featuring the likes of vova, jason garfield and so forth. not to be confused with our little esplanade one.

      Way to go Jeremy!

      WORLD JUGGLING DAY 2007 SINGAPORE

      so now back to our little esplanade competition.

      Things are firming up fellas! We're set to go! The cameras are rolling and the poster is burning!

      Just a note that if the place gets too crowded or hot, we can move upstairs to the empty spaces.

      If anyone wants to attempt a high trick (e.g. 16 storey high diabolo throw and catch), we can move upstairs for that segment. A fire routine and/or light routine may also be possible because the empty space next to the memorial and underpass opening is beautifully dark at night.

      so don't let the ceiling and underpass conditions limit your imagination.

      -------------------------

      I have the list of competitors below. it's time to find out who you're up against and shoot them the evil eye.

      in a classic move, i haven't informed the judges that they will be judges. I think they don't mind. :) (will contact you soon!) In the endurance competitions, judges are needed mainly to time and facilitate. So i've picked those that are hanging around but not competing in that particular segment.

      I've removed the need for judges in the Coolest trick and Routine competitions because there is no way to pick an un-biased panel. If my judges are all jugglers then it may not be fair to diabolo/poi etc routines. So for these 2 competitions, audience applause will be a judging criteria, and in the event of a tie, an audience voting system will be in place.

      So here is the lineup of our Royal Rumble:

      1)3 Ball Endurance Competition - 4pm

      Challengers:
      di-hong
      yihong
      xinfang
      koah fong
      emmanuel
      chi min
      sheng hau

      Judges:
      Yvonne
      Min Jiang

      2)4 Ball Endurance Competition � 4.30pm

      Challengers:
      di-hong
      yihong
      xinfang
      boon teck
      koah fong
      emmanuel
      chi min
      sheng hau
      yvonne

      Judge:
      Min Jiang

      3)5 Ball Endurance Competition � 5.00pm

      Competitors:
      boon teck
      koah fong
      emmanuel
      MJ
      chi min
      sheng hau
      Yvonne

      Judges:
      di-hong
      yihong

      4)4 Club Endurance Competition � 5.30pm

      Pretenders to the throne ;) :
      koah fong
      emmanuel
      MJ
      chi min
      yvonne

      Judges:
      di-hong
      yihong

      5)Coolest Trick / Trick Combo - 6.00pm

      Competitors:
      di-hong
      koah fong
      emmanuel
      chi min
      sheng hau
      yvonne

      6)Routine Competition � 7.00pm

      Competitors:
      koah fong
      emmanuel
      MJ
      chi min
      yvonne

      For everyone else, it is still not too late to enter the competitions. Email me if you have a sudden irrepressible urge to compete.

      For competitors named above, please take note of your competition times. There will be no wake up calls.

      I will be taking along my radio which can play mp3 and cd format. for routine competitors, please prepare your music. if you'd like to give me the music beforehand so i know for sure it can be played, this can be arranged.

      also let me know if you have requests like fire, lighted routines, high ceiling requirements or anything that would require special attention.

      it's time to train and party!
      -Yvonne

      PS: i will not have access to emails or phone from 5 to 11 June. Off to the mountains to seek the juggling zen master.