RE: [singaporejugglers] thank you

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2007
      Here's another similar site which I have been using to make: http://www.jugglingpoet.com/crju/beanbag.html
      Try not to stuff too much beans in there that it makes it too compact to juggle.

      Have fun!

      koah fong

      From: yvotan@...
      Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 01:18:09 +0800

      Hi Leo and Cara! Looking forward to your next visit!

      For the rest of the jugglers who haven't met them, Leo is an 8 year old boy with an incredible amount of interest and talent in juggling! (and cara is his mom. she has also just started juggling!)

      He is at the beginning stages of 3 balls now, after attending the (now-defunct) esplanade workshop. His progress and enthusiasm is quite phenomenal if you've ever tried teaching children.

      The only thing hindering his further progress i feel is that the balls he is using are too big for his hands. Does anyone have very small balls/beanbags that are good for juggling?

      i wonder if squash balls are any good. i'll go search through my collection of balls for small ones i've chugged one side cos they're too small.

      let's help leo in his progress. maybe he's the next vova or anthony gatto (who both started very young...)!

      cheers,
      Yvonne
      yesterday was a fun session!

      --- pointer <pointer@singnet. com.sg> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > once again my son and myself were having a great time at the
      > esplanade learning juggling and diabolo.
      >
      > just want to drop a note to say a BIG THANK YOU to Evon, Terrence,
      > Willie and all.
      >
      > cheers,
      > leo & cara

      Get the new Windows Live Messenger! Try it!
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1 12:02 AM
        For those who are too lazy to switch on the sewing machine (or thread the needle), i use to make beanbags out of balloons.

        take one balloon, cut off the neck, and fill up with raw green beans. then use another ballon without neck to wrap over the opening. to make it more secure, wrap another balloon over.

        i've never succeeded in making them round. they always turn out egg-shaped. and with colorful balloons, they all look like easter eggs.

        after a long while (several years) the balloon gets sticky and i don't even want to see what happens to the beans. but they're cheap and easy to make and serve me well when i juggled in dirty open spaces near longkangs.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1 3:40 AM
          Here's another one:

          take 3 short socks.
          fill with beans or rice to required size and weight.
          tie up with rubber-band.
          fold down the top of the sock to make a roughly round shape.

          Sounds workable but I never tried before. Always hear Chi Minh talked
          about it though. :)

          Enjoy.

          --- Loh Koah Fong <kfloh@...> wrote:

          > Here's another similar site which I have been using to make:
          > http://www.jugglingpoet.com/crju/beanbag.html
          > Try not to stuff too much beans in there that it makes it too
          > compact to
          > juggle.
          >
          > Have fun!
          >
          > koah fong
          >
          > ________________________________

        • pointer
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1 5:49 PM
            : ) thanks Yvonne of the introduction for us,
            Yi Hao and Koah Fong of all the information and ideas in making the juggling balls.

            I think Leo has very high interest in the diabolo than the juggling. For the past few days, he keep asking me to buy one for him...

            cheers,
            cara

          • DeLaCroix : )
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1 10:11 PM
              Oh, a diabolo. I got the ones for NUS juggling club from Knick (knik@...) from circus outreach Singapore. They are Yohos, and cost $40, complete with sticks. But those are pretty big, and I'm not sure if they will be too heavy for Leo. Smaller ones are available from overseas stores, but those may be a little more expensive. Well, he can try out my club's Yoho diabolo first, to see if it's to his fancy? But I can't be down this Friday, cos I will be losing 2 wisdom teeth on thurs. Perhaps next Friday. : )

              -Yihao

              To: From: pointer@...
              Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 08:49:13 +0800

              : ) thanks Yvonne of the introduction for us,
              Yi Hao and Koah Fong of all the information and ideas in making the juggling balls.

              I think Leo has very high interest in the diabolo than the juggling. For the past few days, he keep asking me to buy one for him...

              cheers,
              cara

              Windows Live Spaces is here! It’s easy to create your own personal Web site. Check it out!
            • pointer
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2 10:21 PM
                Hi all,

                I have jus email knik for my diabolo. For the time being, would be grateful for all who are willing to lend it to Leo. : ))

                always grateful,
                cara