Juggling Workshop - 3 Balls/Clubs the Easy Way

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2006
      hi all!

      don't forget! the juggling workshop "3 balls/clubs the EASY way" will be on this friday 3 Nov!

      see you there!

      ---------------

      Workshop Title: 3 Balls/Clubs the Easy Way
      Date: 3 Nov 2006
      Time: 8pm ~ 9pm
      Venue: the usual Esplanade Underpass (email me if you're not sure where)
      Instructor: The Juggleress

      Target participants:

      -For everyone who wants to learn how to juggle 3 balls. Complete beginner course.

      - For anyone who can do 3 balls but unsteadily (e.g you keep moving around, you keep hitting the wall, you fling your arms around and laugh hysterically while juggling)

      -For 3 ballers who want to learn 3 clubs

      -open to public and all ages/sizes/genders/arm-lengths

      COMPLETELY FREE SO DRAG EVERYONE ALONG!

      Pre-req:
      -Please bring along your balls (or clubs if that's what you want to learn) along. We have extras but may not be enough to go around. "Balls" can be anything round, tennis balls, bean bags, sunkist oranges.

      -Would appreciate emails if you want to attend so i can gauge the size. But not necessary. Just come.
      ------------------------------

      -Yvonne

    • Lin Minjiang
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi There!

        There are a few precious tips imparted from the Zen Masters and Juggling
        Champions (Thomas Dietz, Peter Gerber) during the workshops, which i should
        write down and dissiminate lest it gets lost in my forgetful brain.

        These tips are reiterated to the best of my knowledge, if i left any out
        or misinterpreted some, Yvonne may be able to help correct.

        Thomas Dietz: (General Practice)
        1) It is bad to continue trying a trick if you cannot get it after some
        tries. Stop, take a break, try other or simpler tricks b4 returning to it
        again.
        2) If you drop more than a 100 times in your practice session, you are
        practicing beyond your ability, practice easier tricks.
        3) It is better to have short frequent practice sessions. Thomas practices
        1/1/2 to 2 hrs each session, about 3 sessions a day spread out.
        4) If a throw goes out of position, it is good habit to shift your feet to
        recover rather than do a wild catch.
        5) Practice your learned tricks in long dwell time and short dwell time.
        6) Learning a new trick doesnt equate to practicing the trick itself more
        than others. It is important to do (point 1).

        Peter Gerber: (Clubs)
        1) Basic club tricks that helps in learning other tricks: 3 club high
        singles (or doubles), 3 club columns with flips, 3 clubs 531? (not sure).
        2) Learn backcrosses, alberts, treblas, kickups etc, first with 1 club, get
        perfect throws and catches with 1.
        3) With 3 club cascade, do single throws of the trick you are learning, left
        and right hand.
        4) Once more steady, while doing cascade, do 2 consecutive throws of the
        trick, then immediately 2 consecutive throws other side etc.

        The Jap ball masters (5 balls workshop)
        1) As warmup to the workshop, snatch and release a ball in the air
        alternating hands, as fast as possible.
        2) Practice 3 balls very high throws, long dwell time and short dwell time.
        3) Practice 5b launch, ensure your 5 balls launch is well timed, that the
        drops are in perfect succession.
        4) 3 balls grip, launch the ball gripped by your middle finger first, then
        outer , and innermost to the palm.

        The Jap ball masters (Pirquette)
        1) Turn on the ball of your foot.
        2) Keep looking at a fixed spot while turning, then snap your head around as
        you complete your turn.
        3) Before the turn rest your weight , CG on the ball of your turning foot.
        4) It helps to bring in your arm for a faster turn.

        There are still quite a bit of stuff i didnt manage to remember, and some
        are hard to put in words.
        All this is just theory, so of course its important to come for the new
        workshops as well. :) heehee

        Cheers!
        Minjiang

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
          Wow, Min Jiang... you have met the gods!
          I shall commit these commandments to memory!

          kf