Re: [singaporejugglers] Busking at Clarke Quay

  • Jolyon P Caplin
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2006

      Thanks, Yvonne and Alan...

      I quite enjoyed doing my unicycle 'n sax thing at CQ... mainly at the blue ex-gazebo area while they were re-building. I think it was mutually beneficial but I think a lot of the crowds think we are entertainers pre-paid by the Management and thus tend not to "do the necessary!" I thought I had done well when I got a couple of Korean 1000 Won notes in my hat... until I found out the exchange rate, ha-ha!

      Yup, I think I'll have another go. got my Chinese song repertoire now... anybody want to juggle to Chinese songs?

      Regards,

      Jolyon Caplin

      "Warning - This message may contain privileged/confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy it and notify the sender immediately. Singapore Polytechnic is not liable for any unauthorised dissemination, copying or use of this message."

      Inactive hide details for Yvonne Tan <yvotan@...>Yvonne Tan <yvotan@...>

              Yvonne Tan <yvotan@...>
              Sent by: singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com

              09/24/2006 03:19 PM

              Please respond to
              yvotan@...

      Lim Chee Wei Alan <multi_talent_alan@...>

      cc

      singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com

      Subject

      Re: [singaporejugglers] Busking at Clarke Quay

      hmm...remember those busking days at clarke quay a long time ago? those were pleasant memories.

      The management graciously gave us spotlights and speakers, and we'd go there after dinner like a travelling circus troupe. We took turns to put up a show, and the crowd largely made up of foreigners and family pple would gather pretty quick.

      I'd say the money collection was quite decent too.

      Not saying i'm inclined to do it again (not sure why i've lost my busking inspiration), maybe again one day, but those were nice memories.

      -Yvonne

      --- Lim Chee Wei Alan <

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2006
        >> anybody want to juggle to Chinese songs?
        I think playing diabolo to Chinese New Year music would be nice. :)
        This prop is of Chinese origin. Maybe the devil-stick as well...

        koah fong

        multi_talent_alan@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Angeline from Clarke Quay is looking
        for people who would like to
        > do
        > busking; interested parties
        please contact me at 98337628, thanks!

        -Alan-

      • Hian Kai
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2006
          > >> anybody want to juggle to Chinese songs?
          >
          > I think playing diabolo to Chinese New Year music would be nice. :)
          > This prop is of Chinese origin. Maybe the devil-stick as well...
          >
          > koah fong

          Too bad I won't be around then...
          But it's a good idea to devilstick to chinese music.... I've been
          working on a routine but I choreographed it to the tune "Everlong"
          which is one of my favorite songs.

          Kai