Quidam's diabolo routine

  • Chi Minh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2005
      Dear jugglers

      Hello. I've just watched Quidam....'tis good (as can be
      expected of any Cirque du Soleil production).

      Just wanted to comment on the diabolo routine in the show.
      In terms of diabolo performances....it wasn't as aesthetic
      as any one of Jochen Schell's routines and neither was it
      as Zen-like as Ryo Nabe's champion IJA routine in 2004. No
      mind-blowing stuff. Avant-garde diabolo players, such as
      those who have watched the first-ever DVD about the art of
      the diabolo "Diabology - The Art Of Diabolo" or those who
      are of the French or Japanese schools of Diabolo Nouveau,
      might find nothing to write home about.

      That's not to say it wasn't great...the Quidam diabolo
      routine had crowd-pleasing choreography and it was executed
      by 4 girls who displayed exciting and well-timed acrobatic
      moves. Was a good experience to watch "live". Another
      point to note is that they use the traditional wooden
      diabolos that were annoyingly referred to as "bobbins" by a
      clueless Life! reviewer from The Straits Times.

      bye for now,
      Chi Minh
      JimmyJuggler

      http://mail.yahoo.com