** Update ** World Juggling Day 2005 - 5-ball Endurance Competition

  • Chi Minh
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2005
      Dear Jugglers

      Hello ! Just a short note to update you of a few things.

      WJD 2005 in Singapore is a juggling festival held over 2
      nights:
      ~ 17 June 2005 is a Special Prelude
      ~ 18 June 2005 is WJD itself

      The Festival Team is working hard behind-the-scenes to
      bring you this festival and we look forward to your coming
      to this grand parTEE !

      To the 5-Ball Endurance Competitors:

      I am proposing a slight change to the rules. Go to
      www.geocities.com/jimmyjuggler/WJD2005 to see current plan.

      Instead of all competitors starting at the same time, I
      propose each of you compete one-by-one. I will allow each
      of you 2 runs of the 5-ball cascade and time each run...the
      best time will be taken. For each run, I will also allow
      you ONE false start.

      Reason is that I want to align the competition to standard
      5-ball-endurance competitions where stop-watch timing is
      done. Moreover, there are only 4 competitors so far for
      this technical competition so I can afford to let each of
      you compete one-by-one.

      What say you?

      Best wishes

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Chai Sheng Hau
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2005
        Great! Then we won't have the problems i highlighted earlier.
        But still the 5 ball endurance competition will be VERY short.
        haha...

        Only 4 persons taking part? Aww... i really think the competitions
        should be open to everyone, including the organisers...
        minjiang and chi minh also take part leh...

        shenghau

        On Apr 7, 2005 1:49 PM, Chi Minh <jimmyjuggler@...> wrote:
        > To the 5-Ball Endurance Competitors:
        >
        > I am proposing a slight change to the rules. Go to
        > www.geocities.com/jimmyjuggler/WJD2005 to see current plan.
        >
        > Instead of all competitors starting at the same time, I
        > propose each of you compete one-by-one. I will allow each
        > of you 2 runs of the 5-ball cascade and time each run...the
        > best time will be taken. For each run, I will also allow
        > you ONE false start.
        >
        > Reason is that I want to align the competition to standard
        > 5-ball-endurance competitions where stop-watch timing is
        > done. Moreover, there are only 4 competitors so far for
        > this technical competition so I can afford to let each of
        > you compete one-by-one.
        >
        > What say you?
        >

        > Best wishes
        > Chi Minh
      • Lin Minjiang
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2005
          5 balls?

          but i am taking part! though i lack practice and probably have wobbly
          legs on that day, hmm... or perhaps can there be a 5 anything juggling
          competition?

          :)
          Minjiang

          > Great! Then we won't have the problems i highlighted earlier.
          > But still the 5 ball endurance competition will be VERY short.
          > haha...
          >
          > Only 4 persons taking part? Aww... i really think the competitions
          > should be open to everyone, including the organisers...
          > minjiang and chi minh also take part leh...
          >
          > shenghau
          >
          > On Apr 7, 2005 1:49 PM, Chi Minh <jimmyjuggler@...> wrote:
          >> To the 5-Ball Endurance Competitors:
          >>
          >> I am proposing a slight change to the rules. Go to
          >> www.geocities.com/jimmyjuggler/WJD2005 to see current plan.
          >>
          >> Instead of all competitors starting at the same time, I
          >> propose each of you compete one-by-one. I will allow each
          >> of you 2 runs of the 5-ball cascade and time each run...the
          >> best time will be taken. For each run, I will also allow
          >> you ONE false start.
          >>
          >> Reason is that I want to align the competition to standard
          >> 5-ball-endurance competitions where stop-watch timing is
          >> done. Moreover, there are only 4 competitors so far for
          >> this technical competition so I can afford to let each of
          >> you compete one-by-one.
          >>
          >> What say you?
          >>

          >> Best wishes
          >> Chi Minh

        • Chi Minh
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 9, 2005
            Hi y'all,

            Well.....you know what they say.....
            Those who can --- they compete;
            Those who can't --- they organise competitions.

            Hahahahaha!

            But seriously folks, the organisers will be also be taking part in many ways.  We too want to have our share of fun in the party we're organising.     During the festival, watch out for the comedy juggling duo....The Double Mints !   (that's MINjiang and chi MINh)

            Cheers,
            Chi Minh

            > Only 4 persons taking part? Aww... i really think the competitions
            > should be open to everyone, including the organisers...
            > minjiang and chi minh also take part leh...
            >
            > shenghau

            Do you Yahoo!?
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9, 2005
              can i join in via video conferencing?

              i promise not to set my video on loop. *darn..revealed too much already*

              erm, not to be a wu ya mouth, but what's gonna happen if it rains?

              missing you folks lots,
              the Crow

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2005
                OH MY GOD MIN JIANG IS ONTO 5 DIABOLOS!

                5 pois, 5 devil sticks, 5 hackey sacks...

                cheers,
                the spamming Crow