Re: folks, urgent stuff & Mongol juggling sale2

  • meorb715
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
      ooh looks good. I'd like a small one if it's gonna be out before 20
      January. My vote's for the black one! Simply 'cos it doesn't show
      the perspiration and dirt so easily. At the end of juggling
      sessions I generally feel like rolling in the dust with my clubs. ;p

      btw in the course of much packing I have unearthed the
      following, also for clearing:

      1. Cheapo sponge rubber balls (lots of bounce). Some used,
      some new. Ubercheapo 3 for $1 or all 14 for $4.

      2. 1 set of 3 beanbag balls from Bangkok, never used. $5

      3. 5 sets rubber flower sticks from Bangkok (5x 1 flower stick & 2
      handsticks). 3 new ($7 each), 2 used ($5 each) or all 5 for $25.

      4. 16 peacock feathers (great for teaching kids balancing). $5 (+
      free peacock-feather-storage-tube)

      5. 1 jitter ring, used. $10.

      6. 1 Aluminium extension rod (can use for balancing things. 70-
      120 cm). $5.

      7. 1 piece adhesive-backed grip strip (for rolabola tubes & such,
      to prevent slipping) 55cmx21cm. $5 (was $15/m new). bonus
      4.5cmx7cm free.

      8. August 2003 Straits Times article on jugglers at Youth Park.
      free.

      mail if you're interested.
      TYL

      --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, Flux Wildly <
      flikflux@s...> wrote:
      > Just a rough tally... who wants the NUS Jugglers' shirt?
      > pictures are at http://www.whataboutme.isgreat.tv/
      jugglingclubshrt.jpg
      > and http://www.whataboutme.isgreat.tv/jugglingclubshrt2.jpg
      for
      > different background colors.
      >
      > Reply fast ok? I'm asking for quotes.
      >
      > JH
    • Flux Wildly
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
        http://whataboutme.isgreat.tv/jugglingclubshrt.jpg

        I did the prev color scheme hoping that iron-on transfers would be
        durable (and yet cheap) enough... but it looks like we're going for
        silkscreen prints... update here to answer a few questions I got... I
        figure more people probably have the same queries so I might as well
        answer them here.

        I've now cut the colors to 4 behind and 2 for the logo. The shirt will
        cost $15 or so max because if it's any higher, it's not worth the price.
        Feel free to give me money for the design though. I don't mind that.

        I'm still looking for shirt printers. Just heard a few days back that
        the school sports club offers printing services... might check that out
        BUT goods will take a month at least to process. Why so long? Well, it's
        school. Have you ever seen NUS competent at anything?
        Yee Ling: If you want, I could mail it over to your new place...
        Mongolia does have post service right?

        The shirts will probably be either of normal tshirt material (100%
        cotton claims everyone) or dri-fit material depending on what's more
        worthwhile. Apologies here but there won't be polo shirts because
        they're alarmingly expensive....

        The clubs logo thing that says 'Jugglers' is the front of the shirt... I
        keep forgetting to label them. Some people have suggested moving the
        logo to the chest level but I think the current position's fine because
        a lot of people seem to like how the NUS words are not that prominent.
        Anyone with opinions about this?

        That's about all for now.

        Comments/suggestions/tshirt printer recommendations?

        JH
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2005
          i like the designs. the back is nice and colorful and looks good on black.

          i also like the way the front logo is not in the center. it's cute that way. not sure whehter it'll be hidden in the corner though. esp if the person likes tucking in shirts. then it'll just be plain black in front. what abt small logo on the sleeves too? or just the word "nusjuggler" on the sleeve? just throwing suggestions around...

          for t-shirt printing, i really like the quality of one of the WJD shirts 2 years ago i think? the one the nusjugglers organised at McRitchie reservoir. i think Edmund was the one who had the printing lobang then. the T shirt material was quite good....

          i would love to get one if i were home. was thinking of reserving one but it'll be for so long so i guess not.

          anyway, i think the designs look good jiahui!