Re: WJD 2004 photos

  • jekahood
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2004
      Hi pple,

      i agree totally, kudos to Chi Minh, Knik and Boon Teck & his Jovial
      Jugglers for making it a wonderful day for all of us! and also thank
      you koah fong, for filming it and doing some behind-the-scenes
      promoting too (saw you promoting it on some aquarium fish forum)....

      it was also very nice to see people who haven't been to the juggling
      sessions very often, pple like yee ling, ti eu, carrie.... glad to
      see that you haven't left juggling totally behind :)

      i really enjoyed watching the routines..... yvonne's was a real
      blast! i was also surprised at how much han zhong and earnie have
      improved since the last time i saw them..... for those of you who
      don't know, they are Jiajun's "disciples". too bad i didn't catch
      minjiang's.... but i'm real proud of them, i'll definitely be
      getting a copy of the routines and won't hesitate to show them to
      others to tell the world that the singapore jugglers are a mightily
      talented bunch! :D

      cheers,
      willie

      --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Loh Koah Fong"
      <kfloh@p...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > It was a great WJD celebration we have got last weekend. The
      competition really added more spice to the event.

      > I wish to specially thank Chi Minh for the great effort organising
      the show. Also thanks to Knik Pang and NUS Jugglers too. You all
      really put in a lot of effort.

      http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/singaporejugglers/lst
      > If you have got other photos, please upload it as well to the
      album "WJD 2004". I think NUS Jugglers got a photographer snapping
      away. The resolution I used was 640x480 to keep things small.

      > BTW - I have got a video tape of most of the celebration. Will
      pass it around on Friday practise. Sorry no digital as I do not have
      anything to convert. So I hope you guys still got your VCR. :)

      > Happy Juggling.
      >
      > koah fong
    • meorb715
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2004
        Aye, 'twas a pleasure to be there. One of my biggest surprises
        was realising who the "guy in white" was -- none other than the
        Diabolo Guru himself, who's gone from menhir to manhunt. ;)

        Onward and upward!
        TYL
      • Chan Ti Eu
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 23, 2004
          Yo all,

          Yes yes, KUDOS to Chi Minh, Knick, Boon Teck and the Jovial Jugglers for the
          great event at downtown east. Yes, although some of us (including me) do not
          turn up on fridays often, the WJD spirit simply has to stay and at least all
          of us can hang out and have fun on this sacred day.

          It's cool to see that the level of technical prowess and showmanship has
          gone in the juggling scene......impressive! Keep on going folks, all of us
          will keep striving to greater heights!

          Cheers!
          Ti-Eu

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2004
            Hiya!

            i'm here to jump on the bandwagon and thank all the organisers involved too. i think they spent a lot of time and effort on it. Dank kew beri much!

            a suggestion:

            what abt we hold competitions every WJD? it might not be possible to get juggling prizes every year, so for motivation we can start a website of fame or something and keep a record of all the winners.

            that way we'll be motivated to keep improving ourselves and we can keep track of whether our standard is steadily rising.

            maybe one day we can have a 9 ball endurance and 6 ball shower endurance!

            cheers,
            Yvonne whose 3-in-1-hand, 5 ball and 4 club is horrible but without the WJD competition they would be horribler.