WJD 2004 photos

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2004
      Hi all,

      It was a great WJD celebration we have got last weekend. The competition really added more spice to the event.

      I wish to specially thank Chi Minh for the great effort organising the show. Also thanks to Knik Pang and NUS Jugglers too. You all really put in a lot of effort.

      If you have got other photos, please upload it as well to the album "WJD 2004". I think NUS Jugglers got a photographer snapping away. The resolution I used was 640x480 to keep things small.

      BTW - I have got a video tape of most of the celebration. Will pass it around on Friday practise. Sorry no digital as I do not have anything to convert. So I hope you guys still got your VCR. :)

      Happy Juggling.

      koah fong
    • jekahood
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21, 2004
        Hi pple,

        i agree totally, kudos to Chi Minh, Knik and Boon Teck & his Jovial
        Jugglers for making it a wonderful day for all of us! and also thank
        you koah fong, for filming it and doing some behind-the-scenes
        promoting too (saw you promoting it on some aquarium fish forum)....

        it was also very nice to see people who haven't been to the juggling
        sessions very often, pple like yee ling, ti eu, carrie.... glad to
        see that you haven't left juggling totally behind :)

        i really enjoyed watching the routines..... yvonne's was a real
        blast! i was also surprised at how much han zhong and earnie have
        improved since the last time i saw them..... for those of you who
        don't know, they are Jiajun's "disciples". too bad i didn't catch
        minjiang's.... but i'm real proud of them, i'll definitely be
        getting a copy of the routines and won't hesitate to show them to
        others to tell the world that the singapore jugglers are a mightily
        talented bunch! :D

        cheers,
        willie

        --- In singaporejugglers@yahoogroups.com, "Loh Koah Fong"

        http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/singaporejugglers/lst
        > If you have got other photos, please upload it as well to the
        album "WJD 2004". I think NUS Jugglers got a photographer snapping
        away. The resolution I used was 640x480 to keep things small.

        > BTW - I have got a video tape of most of the celebration. Will
        pass it around on Friday practise. Sorry no digital as I do not have
        anything to convert. So I hope you guys still got your VCR. :)

        > Happy Juggling.
        >
        > koah fong
      • meorb715
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 22, 2004
          Aye, 'twas a pleasure to be there. One of my biggest surprises
          was realising who the "guy in white" was -- none other than the
          Diabolo Guru himself, who's gone from menhir to manhunt. ;)

          Onward and upward!
          TYL
        • Chan Ti Eu
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2004
            Yo all,

            Yes yes, KUDOS to Chi Minh, Knick, Boon Teck and the Jovial Jugglers for the
            great event at downtown east. Yes, although some of us (including me) do not
            turn up on fridays often, the WJD spirit simply has to stay and at least all
            of us can hang out and have fun on this sacred day.

            It's cool to see that the level of technical prowess and showmanship has
            gone in the juggling scene......impressive! Keep on going folks, all of us
            will keep striving to greater heights!

            Cheers!
            Ti-Eu

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 23, 2004
              Hiya!

              i'm here to jump on the bandwagon and thank all the organisers involved too. i think they spent a lot of time and effort on it. Dank kew beri much!

              a suggestion:

              what abt we hold competitions every WJD? it might not be possible to get juggling prizes every year, so for motivation we can start a website of fame or something and keep a record of all the winners.

              that way we'll be motivated to keep improving ourselves and we can keep track of whether our standard is steadily rising.

              maybe one day we can have a 9 ball endurance and 6 ball shower endurance!

              cheers,
              Yvonne whose 3-in-1-hand, 5 ball and 4 club is horrible but without the WJD competition they would be horribler.