Re : juggling session in NTU

  • imlaok
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3, 2004
      Hi pple!

      Thinking of organising a juggling session in NTU...
      This might attract potential jugglers in NTU
      wat do u guys say?
      Cheers!

      siyong
    • Colin Wan
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2004
        Hi,
        I am also from NTU, just saw Yvonne's performance today. It was cool =)
        Count me in if you are planning for a session. Btw, I live in Hall 15.

        Rgds,

        Colin Wan

        On Feb 3, 2004, at 10:42 PM, imlaok wrote:

        > Hi pple!
        >
        > Thinking of organising a juggling session in NTU...
        > This might attract potential jugglers in NTU
        > wat do u guys say?
        > Cheers!
        >
        > siyong

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/UMTolB/TM

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        ---
      • Chai Sheng Hau
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2004
          I say "the day has come! this will be another landmark in singapore juggling
          history". =)

          Sheng Hau

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2004
            keekee, thanks colin!

            i dun mind going ntu...depends on when it is.

            the session this fri is at the youth park? i might be quite late...if it's too late i may not even turn up...will try to.

            --- Colin Wan <colinwan@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I am also from NTU, just saw Yvonne's performance today. It was cool
            > =)
            > Count me in if you are planning for a session. Btw, I live in Hall
            > 15.
            >
            > Rgds,
            >
            > Colin Wan
            >
            > On Feb 3, 2004, at 10:42 PM, imlaok wrote:
            >
            > > Hi pple!
            > >
            > > Thinking of organising a juggling session in NTU...
            > > This might attract potential jugglers in NTU
            > > wat do u guys say?
            > > Cheers!
            > >
            > > siyong
            > >

            > > --
            > > Singapore Jugglers!

            > > ---------------------~-->
            > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
            > Lexmark
            > > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US &
            >
            > > Canada.
            > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/UMTolB/TM

            > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            > >

            > ---

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Julian Lim
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2004
              hi juggling folk,

              last friday was the first time juggling at Esplanade
              underpass for me. i liked it. lots of space, lots of
              light... lots of human traffic, which is both good and
              bad (the good part is that more passing non-jugglers
              might get lured in). no worries about getting the
              key. another plus point is that in one corner there's
              a superb place for beginners to learn unicycling (with
              a curb and handrail).

              the advantages of youth park: power point for hi-fi,
              no height limits, OK for fire, and slightly closer to
              MRT station.
              but sometimes youth park is taken up for events, or
              just taken over by other users like dancers/skaters.

              well, should we consider perhaps a permanent change of
              venue for the juggling meetups? any opinions on this?

              julian

              (another offbeat idea: Clifford Pier? it's a beautiful
              place, very high ceilings, and it's going to disappear
              soon...*sniff*...)

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2004

                It was my first trip to that underpass too. And here's what i felt:

                1) there are too many spot-lights and makes juggling a little tricky. But good for those who are practising for performances under similar lighting conditions. At Youth Park, we can use the darkness outside the stage as a backdrop and we can see the balls clearly.
                2) the ground is better than Youth Park. Here we can even do bounce juggling.
                3) no worries about getting there in the rain from the MRT.
                4) for those intending to practise high juggling/diabolo throws or fire, this cannot be done.
                5) no power supply. At Youth Park, we can even turn off the lights for fire-performances.

                For me, these 2 places have their pluses and minuses. I am fine with either one. Personally, Youth Park seem to give me more "freedom" as it is not an enclosed space. I feel it's good to have one fixed location for practises. So new jugglers can find us easily.

                Perhaps the rest of the jugglers can check out the underpass and decide if you want to make it permanent?

              • Ben Toh
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2004
                  Personally, i think the esplanade is a good idea too...
                  but..., playing with fire will be very problematic,
                  anyone know if it's possible to play above ground, at the grass patch next
                  to the walking path next to the sea?

                  FIRE!
                  Ben

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 5, 2004
                    yeah i like the esplanade too. mostly cos of the aircon and eternal lighting. But i'm gonna miss watching fire and lighted performances. electricity for sound is a problem too, although the breakdancers dun seem to have trouble with that.

                    anyway the question now is: tmrw youth park or esplanade?

                    shld we just stick to youth park for tmrw and ever after until we decide to change? (sekali go there the stage not available again tmrw *diao*)

                    yes no yes no?

                    oh tmrw a few of us may be presenting our routines... kekekekee...so that might be exciting.

                    cheers,
                    Yvonne
                    PS: i'll prob not be late tmrw. highly likely to go.

                    --- Julian Lim <julianlim@...> wrote:

                    > hi juggling folk,
                    >
                    > last friday was the first time juggling at Esplanade
                    > underpass for me. i liked it. lots of space, lots of
                    > light... lots of human traffic, which is both good and
                    > bad (the good part is that more passing non-jugglers
                    > might get lured in). no worries about getting the
                    > key. another plus point is that in one corner there's
                    > a superb place for beginners to learn unicycling (with
                    > a curb and handrail).
                    >
                    > the advantages of youth park: power point for hi-fi,
                    > no height limits, OK for fire, and slightly closer to
                    > MRT station.
                    > but sometimes youth park is taken up for events, or
                    > just taken over by other users like dancers/skaters.
                    >
                    > well, should we consider perhaps a permanent change of
                    > venue for the juggling meetups? any opinions on this?
                    >
                    > julian
                    >
                    > (another offbeat idea: Clifford Pier? it's a beautiful
                    > place, very high ceilings, and it's going to disappear
                    > soon...*sniff*...)

                  • Minjiang
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 5, 2004
                      Yeah manz!

                      so will it be Esplanade or YP? Personally i think it's quite true about
                      the pesky spot lighting, so at least i have a legitimate excuse for dropping
                      my props frequently loh. heheh

                      But the air con is an illusion leh, feels just as hot above and below,
                      plus the ceiling is really too low for 7 clubs cascade. Yeah rite. The floor
                      is much cleaner than yp though. I vote for esplanade. =)

                      Juggle on ppl!
                      Minjiang

                    • eyeballs@softhome.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 5, 2004

                        I do think it's terribly late to still be trying to decide where to go,
                        given it's only several hours away from now. Let's just meet at the youth
                        park today, and perhaps someone can set up a yahoogroups poll to choose the
                        venue so that it is democratic, then from next week onwards we can go to the
                        place dictated by the results of the poll.

                        cheers,
                        Willie
                      • Willie Koh
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 7, 2004

                          please vote for your preferred venue, we can use the results to decide where to go from next week onwards!

                          cheers,
                          willie