Re: [singaporejugglers] Here's a New Video from Japan u guys ought to check out!!!!

  • Chai Sheng Hau
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
      Great video! I'm totally amazed! Don't these kids study at all?? :o there's a
      few simple and cool tricks for ball jugglers too. Hey guys we should make
      another video like this to showcase our local talents! =)

      Sheng Hau

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Julian Lim
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
        those japanese guys are just amazing. if you want to see some
        jaw-dropping unicycling, click on the following link (contains large video
        files)

        http://www.ichirin.ne.jp/video/
        (i love that move where the rider stands up high on one leg on the
        unicycle fork, gracefully gliding ... looks impossible, but several of
        those riders do it!)

        by the way, does anybody here actually know any Japanese in Singapore?
        (perhaps even lurking on this yahoogroup?). I suspect a lot of Japanese
        know how to unicycle cos they teach it in many schools there.
        It'd be great to discover another sub-community of jugglers and/or
        unicyclists on our island.

        julian

        p.s. sheng hau, which are the tricks that you call "simple and cool"?
        they all went by in a whirr, and they didn't look too "simple" to me...
        but maybe if you can give a description, that'll help.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Chai Sheng Hau
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
          There's 2 multiplexing tricks after the over the head juggling. The first one
          is something like a 2ball split with penguin catches. The next one is
          multiplex, with catches by right hand on the left side, and vice versa.

          And the 7 ball cascade pattern is considered simple too isn't it? Haha... it's
          just hard mah, but everyone knows how the pattern goes, so it's simple. =p
          Speaking of which, I was talking with Chi Minh and Yvonne last friday about
          the 7 ball challenge.

          I'm challenging all the singapore jugglers to pick up the 7 ball cascade by
          the end of the year! Ya it sounds insane, but i tink it's time to move our
          national standard to the next level. My juggling club's workshop has been
          quite successful, particularly the group of 'advanced' jugglers. They could
          only cascade for a short while before the workshop. And after 3 sessions
          they've already learnt the half-shower, reverse cascade, under-the-arm,
          windmill, columns and mill's mess! So i think it'd be of great help if we
          could motivate each other to achieve higher standards too (thus the open
          challenge).

          Before i end this lengthy email (ooops, i'm getting naggy!), I'd like to
          commend Yvonne, Minjiang and Boon Teck for their hardwork in juggling.
          Particularly Minjiang who learnt the 5 ball cascade in a much shorter time
          than i did. Great work guys! Let's have a 5 ball endurance during the next
          WJD!

          Sheng Hau
          p.s. the email sounded like a speech to me. haha...

          --- Julian Lim <julianlim@...> wrote:
          > p.s. sheng hau, which are the tricks that you call "simple and cool"?
          > they all went by in a whirr, and they didn't look too "simple" to me...
          > but maybe if you can give a description, that'll help.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Chi Minh
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
            Dear jugglers,

            OK, i shall take up the challenge. To me, realistically, it's going to be a stretch-goal!  There really is not much time.

            I shall use the seven Beard 5-panel beanbags i have been saving for this purpose (bought them many, many, many moons ago...gee, i hope the bird-seed filling hasn't gone bad).

            John, any tips on getting a good flash of seven balls?  You're the first in this country to achieve a solid seven-ball cascade so i sure would like some advice.

            ta,
            Chi Minh

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • John Lee
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
              Hey Chi Minh,

              It's been a really long time since i last tried 7
              balls. But i think i'd learnt a few pointers from Sam
              Hartford a little while ago. I think you can find them
              here:
              http://www.geocities.com/juggler_85/tricks/Hartford_tips.htm#7balls

              Personally, i think that once you've got the idea of
              how to learn 5/6 balls, 7/8 balls should be fairly
              similar, only you've got to have a little more
              patience. Imagine the fustration of having pick up 5
              balls at every failed attempt at flashing 5. Now it's
              7 balls.. hee~ but don't let that thought discourage
              you. Yeah. So, i guess you really need to have some
              sort of a motivation too. I think this 7 ball
              challenge is a good thing.. great motivation. Good
              luck to all who are taking up this challenge!!

              Hope it helps :)
              John

              ps. i'm not that good at 7 balls actually.. only
              barely 20 catches nowadays.. hee~

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com