Here's a New Video from Japan u guys ought to check out!!!!

  • Andrew Lim Yikai
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31 5:26 PM
      Hey guys!!!!!!!

      So I've been out of the loop for a long time due to my attachment at the
      Conrad hotel, I havn't had time to go down to YP on fridays, plus when i go
      at times no one's there so....u know =)

      anyway here's a vid worth watching, it's a Diabolo vid from Japan, taken
      during the Dia contest held recently.

      For those who have seen the crazy yoyo videos from japan which I've shown u
      guys, they are the same kids, only this time it features mainly juggling and
      ofcourse, diabolos!!!!!

      So the size is huuuuuuuuuuge!!, nearly 50 MB to be exact.....but if you're
      gonna download a juggling video this yr, GET THIS ONE!!!!! it's worth the
      50MB I TELL YOU!!!!

      Just head down to this link and download the vid by clicking "please click
      here to download this video"

      http://video.yoyoing.com/cgi-bin/downloadvideo/video.pl?yoyo/yama@18/2003DIAsummermp1.mpg

      YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED!!!!!!!!

      Wee Lee, U HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!!!

      Andrew
      :)

      Keep track of Singapore stock prices. http://www.msn.com.sg/money/
    • Chai Sheng Hau
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2003
        Great video! I'm totally amazed! Don't these kids study at all?? :o there's a
        few simple and cool tricks for ball jugglers too. Hey guys we should make
        another video like this to showcase our local talents! =)

        Sheng Hau

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Julian Lim
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
          those japanese guys are just amazing. if you want to see some
          jaw-dropping unicycling, click on the following link (contains large video
          files)

          http://www.ichirin.ne.jp/video/
          (i love that move where the rider stands up high on one leg on the
          unicycle fork, gracefully gliding ... looks impossible, but several of
          those riders do it!)

          by the way, does anybody here actually know any Japanese in Singapore?
          (perhaps even lurking on this yahoogroup?). I suspect a lot of Japanese
          know how to unicycle cos they teach it in many schools there.
          It'd be great to discover another sub-community of jugglers and/or
          unicyclists on our island.

          julian

          p.s. sheng hau, which are the tricks that you call "simple and cool"?
          they all went by in a whirr, and they didn't look too "simple" to me...
          but maybe if you can give a description, that'll help.

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Chai Sheng Hau
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
            There's 2 multiplexing tricks after the over the head juggling. The first one
            is something like a 2ball split with penguin catches. The next one is
            multiplex, with catches by right hand on the left side, and vice versa.

            And the 7 ball cascade pattern is considered simple too isn't it? Haha... it's
            just hard mah, but everyone knows how the pattern goes, so it's simple. =p
            Speaking of which, I was talking with Chi Minh and Yvonne last friday about
            the 7 ball challenge.

            I'm challenging all the singapore jugglers to pick up the 7 ball cascade by
            the end of the year! Ya it sounds insane, but i tink it's time to move our
            national standard to the next level. My juggling club's workshop has been
            quite successful, particularly the group of 'advanced' jugglers. They could
            only cascade for a short while before the workshop. And after 3 sessions
            they've already learnt the half-shower, reverse cascade, under-the-arm,
            windmill, columns and mill's mess! So i think it'd be of great help if we
            could motivate each other to achieve higher standards too (thus the open
            challenge).

            Before i end this lengthy email (ooops, i'm getting naggy!), I'd like to
            commend Yvonne, Minjiang and Boon Teck for their hardwork in juggling.
            Particularly Minjiang who learnt the 5 ball cascade in a much shorter time
            than i did. Great work guys! Let's have a 5 ball endurance during the next
            WJD!

            Sheng Hau
            p.s. the email sounded like a speech to me. haha...

            --- Julian Lim <julianlim@...> wrote:
            > p.s. sheng hau, which are the tricks that you call "simple and cool"?
            > they all went by in a whirr, and they didn't look too "simple" to me...
            > but maybe if you can give a description, that'll help.

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Chi Minh
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
              Dear jugglers,

              OK, i shall take up the challenge. To me, realistically, it's going to be a stretch-goal!  There really is not much time.

              I shall use the seven Beard 5-panel beanbags i have been saving for this purpose (bought them many, many, many moons ago...gee, i hope the bird-seed filling hasn't gone bad).

              John, any tips on getting a good flash of seven balls?  You're the first in this country to achieve a solid seven-ball cascade so i sure would like some advice.

              ta,
              Chi Minh

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • John Lee
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2003
                Hey Chi Minh,

                It's been a really long time since i last tried 7
                balls. But i think i'd learnt a few pointers from Sam
                Hartford a little while ago. I think you can find them
                here:
                http://www.geocities.com/juggler_85/tricks/Hartford_tips.htm#7balls

                Personally, i think that once you've got the idea of
                how to learn 5/6 balls, 7/8 balls should be fairly
                similar, only you've got to have a little more
                patience. Imagine the fustration of having pick up 5
                balls at every failed attempt at flashing 5. Now it's
                7 balls.. hee~ but don't let that thought discourage
                you. Yeah. So, i guess you really need to have some
                sort of a motivation too. I think this 7 ball
                challenge is a good thing.. great motivation. Good
                luck to all who are taking up this challenge!!

                Hope it helps :)
                John

                ps. i'm not that good at 7 balls actually.. only
                barely 20 catches nowadays.. hee~

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com