[singaporejugglers] Convergence of the Generations

  • Willie Koh
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      hi!!

      after several quiet months, i was VERY pleasantly surprised by the excellent turnout at the youth park last night. i got to see the first generation of the singapore jugglers (roy, ben and 2 others whom i haven't seen b4), the 2nd generation (koah fong, gavin), the 3rd generation (alvin, meiling, pinpin, yeeling), the 4th generation (yvonne, shenghau) and the post 4th-gen like boon teck, min jiang and others whose names i can't remember.

      and it was also encouraging to see some strange people there juggling, as it means that there is new blood in our group!

      i do hope that it is not a one-off thing, and our sessions will be more lively again. newcomers, please don't feel shy about asking the more experienced jugglers for juggling lessons and tips. when i'm there, please feel free to approach me, even if i seem to be totally engrossed in practising. i am the person who likes to do tricks involving letting go of the diabolo handsticks (called suicides) and also tricks which are fast and furious (not so often though).

      let's keep the singapore jugglers burning bright (and not let the dances and skateboarders take over our stage)!! : )

      cheers,
      wee lee

      ps : if i got the generations of jugglers wrong, please feel free to correct me.

    • Jolyon P Caplin
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        Hi there...

        So sorry not to have been there to join in the fun! The juggling folks are
        also welcome to join us on Tuesday evenings at the Singapore Polytechnic
        Street Soccer courts. We use one court for the hockey and the other court
        is for Uni practice and should be good for juggling (then I can learn as
        well :-) ).

        There may be opportunities to show off your stuff in the coming year as SP
        will be having many events to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

        We did a VCD of last Tuesday's action - here's a couple of stills from it:

        (Embedded image moved to file: pic05447.jpg) (Embedded image moved to
        file: pic21726.jpg)

        Cheers...

        Jolyon Caplin

        "Willie Koh"