RE: [singaporejugglers] Juggling for a cancer patient

  • Mei Ling Chow
    Message 1 of 105 , Feb 1, 2002

      count me in!

      i am rather unreachable via email nowadays, pls call me/sms me if necessary!

      cheeRios!

      mEiLing

      >From: "Willie Koh"
      >Subject: RE: [singaporejugglers] Juggling for a cancer patient
      >Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:24:46 +0800
      >
      >hi,
      >
      >interested in doing something meaningful? my friend is organising a concert
      >to raise funds for a young cancer patient (pls see below for details).
      >they're really short of performers, and thus would like to request for
      >performers from us. the venue will be at SMU and the date is 30 Mar
      >(saturday). i'll most probably be taking part in it, anybody interested in
      >joining me?
      >
      >cheers,
      >wee lee
      >

      >Mark Cyrus is a 21 years old male Filipino. He spent a semester in Singapore
      >on the Fellowship program in 2000.
      >
      >On September 2001, back in the Philippines, Cyrus was discovered to be
      >suffering from bone marrow cancer (multiple myeloma). He will require a bone
      >marrow transplant to stay alive.
      >
      >In November 2001, complication arose due to chemotherapy treatment and
      >affected the conditions of his kidneys. He came to Singapore to seek medical
      >treatment at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH).
      >
      >After initial treatment by SGH doctors to stabilize his condition, Cyrus is
      >back in the Philippines continuing his chemotherapy and dialysis treatment.
      >
      >Without a bone marrow transplant, this 21 years old man will only have 9
      >months more to live. However, a bone marrow transplant will cost
      >approximately SGD100,000. This is beyond Cyrus� current financial means, as
      >he does not come from an affluent background.
      >
      >Cyrus has noble dreams. What inspires many of us is his motivation to live
      >and his optimistic outlook of life despite his current medical condition. We
      >hope that he can continue to receive the gift of life and touch those of
      >many others.
      >

      >---

    • Melvin Chia
      Message 105 of 105 , Jun 26, 2002
        Hiya everyone,

        Did we get our hi-fi set back? Or are we getting a new one? =)

        Rgds,
        Melvin Chia

        Date: Friday, June 28, 2002
        Time: 8:00PM - 11:00PM SGT (GMT+08:00)

        Happening news for all who love to juggle to music! From now on, our
        Friday Juggling Hangout at the youth park will blast u away with our new
        Hi-Fi set complete with a triple disc-changer! Have cool songs u would
        like to share? Have a new routine choreographed to a pretty piece of
        music? Bring along your cds and let the music roll!!!

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/