[singaporejugglers] Just for laughs
- OK. This is "juggling-related". :)
Hope you have not read it before.
Have a great week ahead!
This man is going down the road, and he gets pulled over by a highway
patrolman. When he gets up to the car, he tells him that he was
The man is shocked, but not startled by being pulled over because he is
While the highway patrolman is standing there, he sees that the man has
nine huge knives in the back seat. He asks him what they are for, and
he tells him that they are for his act, and he is a juggler.
The partolman does not believe him, and tells him to prove it. So he
gets out of the car, and starts to juggle the knives. At the same time,
two guys are driving by and witness the two on the side of the road.
One of the guys looks to the other guy and says, "Man, I sure am glad I
quit drinking, those sobriety tests these days are horrible!"
In a university commencement address several years ago, Brian Dyson,
CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises, spoke of the relation of work to one's
"Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in
the air. You name them - work, family, health, friends and spirit, and
you're keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that
work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the
other four balls - family, health, friends and spirit, are made of
glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed,
marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same.
You must understand that and strive for balance in your life. How?
- Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others. It is
because we are different that each of us is special.
- Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you
know what is best for you.
- Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to
them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless.
- Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past,
or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live
all the days of your life.
- Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is
really over until the moment you stop trying.
- Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this
fragile thread that binds us to each other.
- Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances that we
learn how to be brave.
- Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find.
The quickest way to receive love is to give; the fastest way to lose
love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to
give it wings.
- Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've
been, but also where you are going.
- Don't forget that a person's greatest emotional need is to feel
- Don't be afraid to learn. Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can
always carry easily.
- Don't use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved. Life is
not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift:
that's why we call it The Present."
- Hi all,
Saw the trailers for Just for Laughs on TCS5 8pm tomorrow (18/1). It will
supposedly feature a juggler (didn't catch his name). Thot you might want to
tune in if you're plopped infront of the telly.