Fw: How It could be a part of Indian Democratic Culture?

  • Milap Choraria
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2008
      --- On Tue, 7/22/08, Milap Choraria <milap_choraria@...> wrote:
      From: Milap Choraria <milap_choraria@...>
      Subject: How It could be a part of Indian Democratic Culture?
      To: rti-times@...
      Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 10:17 AM

      How It could be a part of Indian Democratic Culture?

      I am not commenting anything my own, on the what are going on in the recent few days, in the context of survival of Indian Democracy (this is not a question of survival of 14th Loksabha). I am placing few words from various news items from Newspapers, which quoted as UPA : United Poachers Association, NDA: Non Delivery Agents, SP: Service Providers, BSP: Buying Samajwadi Party and CPM : Cross Party Manoeuvres, Jailbirds spice up humdrum day; and Dealers not Leaders. Is it a result of a democratic/election process, of democratic India , or it suggesting to looked in to the root of the basic problem caused by our democratic/election system, which encourages role of the money and muscle powers to keep the rein of the powers in command, adopting all illegal, corrupt and wrong means. The basic principal of a democracy should be based on “Truth Shall Prevails” and that Government must be for the People, by the People and through the people.

      If we postmortem that why such a situation is developed in India, we find in clear terms that since we have adopted British Module of the Democracy, without examining its feasibility in India in the context of varied cultural, linguistic, religious established differences from the Britain. Our Constitution is based on British Rule, adopted in India through the Government of India Act, 1935, which was basically aimed to divide Indians to Rule India . Result, now we can see that India is divided on various counts, supponsored by our political system. Our democratic culture, is developed in such a way under which Prime Minister is not a Popular Leader and nor he is a Member of Lak Sabha, rather he is appointee and assignee of some one else. To save his Government, a so-called clean Prime Minister is bound to become a silent spectator what is going on to survived his Government, and what compromises are made by his party for survival of his Government. In fact, this is result of our faulty election system, which not suitable to Indian Society, which divided Indians by various means.

      Considering all these problems, I wrote several articles suggesting remedial solutions, and published by almost all Hindi Newspapers in India . These suggestions are meant to establish a true democracy in India . I compiled them in a Book Form and in 2002 get registered under Copyrights Act.

      Basic features of the suggestions are as under:

      Our Election system must be based on the Voters (not on the Voting) enrolled in the Voters Lists.

      Our Democratic Institutions should be divided in three levels/categories: Local Self Governments; State Legislatures and Parliament, and should be elected for a fixed term of three years;

      Entry in the Political Field should be allowed for any one in the First Levels, i.e. Local Self Government; and then one should be allowed to get elected in second and third levels of Democratic Institutions subject to conditions laid down to that effect;

      One should be allowed to contest for any Democratic Office, for maximum three elections/terms;

      To get elected at the First Levels one should be supported by the minimum 30% of the Voters enrolled in the Voters Lists from the respective Constituency;

      To get elected at the Second and Third Levels one should be supported by the minimum 20% of the Voters enrolled in the Voters Lists from the respective Constituency;

      One will be entitled to contest for Second Levels, if he completes at least his two terms at the first level, without any charges of corruption or crimes;

      One will be entitled to contest for Third Levels, if he completes at least his two terms at the second level, without any charges of corruption or crimes;

      Political Parties should be regulated democratically under a law and its elections should be Supervise by Election Authority;

      Recognized National Political Parties should be allowed to nominate its candidate for the Office of Prim Minister sixth month prior to date of election and such nominated individual should be automatically member of Loksabha;

      Recognized National/State Political Parties should be allowed to nominate its candidate for the Office of Chief Minister of respective State, sixth month prior to date of election and such nominated individual should be automatically member of respective State Legislative Assembly;

      One should not be allowed to get nominated for more than two contest for the office of the Prime Minister or Chief Minister.

      For more details : http://constitutionindia.tripod.com/

      TRUTH SHALL ALWAYS PREVAIL
      Milap Choraria
      Editor: Suchna Ka Adhikar / RTI TIMES
      National Convenor :
      Movement for Accountability to Public (MAP)
      http://milapchoraria.tripod.com/msp