Fw: Please sign 'ONLINE PETITION' : SECURITY COUNCIL SHOULD IMPOSE SANCTION AGAINST SWISS GOVERNMENT

  • Milap Choraria
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 1:39 AM
      --- On Mon, 5/11/09, milap_choraria@... <milap_choraria@...> wrote:

      From: milap_choraria@... <milap_choraria@...>
      Subject: Please sign 'ONLINE PETITION' : SECURITY COUNCIL SHOULD IMPOSE SANCTION AGAINST SWISS GOVERNMENT
      To: rti-times@...
      Date: Monday, May 11, 2009, 2:01 PM

      Respected RTI-TIMES List Members,

      In June, 2005, I submitted a Petition to the then Secretary-General of UNO His Excellency Mr. Kofi A. Annan, praying therein that "SECURITY COUNCIL SHOULD IMPOSE SANCTION AGAINST SWISS GOVERNMENT FOR BANKING SECRECY WHICH PROVIDING OPEN PROTECTIONS TO ILLEGAL MONEY OF TERRORISTS, CORRUPT POLITICIANS ETC., FROM DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, CAUSING SEVERE THREATS TO ITS LEGITIMATE DEVELOPMENTS". Complete petition is  posted at:

      http://www.petitiononline.com/milap/petition.html

      Recent statements from the Swiss Authority are suggesting that even after G20 Summit Switzerland is ready to play even with the Euro Countries and USA, using diplomatic languages, and determined to maintain Swiss Banking Secrecy Laws. India will be effected seriously from this situation, since Indian Politicians cannot adopt any concrete method which will help exposures of the names of the persons having Black Money in Swiss Banking System or in any other Tax Havens. For instance CPI(M) demanded retrieval of the Indian Black Money from Swiss Banking System. But can Left Parties ready to disclose the details of Tours of Switzerland, every year for about one month, made by Shri Jyoti Basu, during his tenure as Chief Minister of West Bengal along with his then Confidential Assistant and once along with Shri Sitaram Yatchuri, (after Shri Yatchiri opposed in the Polite Bureau Meeting to the proposal for Shri Jyoti Basu to be get elected as the Prime Minister of India with the help of some parties) expenditure details and source of such expenditures. Similarly, we have also unconfirmed details of Black Money deposited in Swiss Banking System by several Politicians and Bureaucrats, particularly some ex-employees of the World Bank.

      Some of representations made to Swiss Authorities, by me in 2005 are also posted in a Website:  http://milapchoraria.tripod.com/swiss

      However, Online petition was inactive for a long period. While, in view of the aforesaid attitude of Swiss Government, my petition is still very much relevant, and as such now I have reactivated it. Although this Petition is addressed to the then Secretary-General of UNO, His Excellency Mr. Kofi A. Annan. It not make any difference. We will forward our Petition to present Secretary-General of UNO, giving the original date of the Petition and would also forward to heads of different Countries to support our demand. During the aforesaid Petition, I was planning to sit for Fast unto Death at the Outside of the Swiss Embassy in New Delhi , but Police suggested me to sit at Jantar Mantar, otherwise they will not allow me, as such I postponed my program of Fast. However, in view of the query raised by several List Members, I make it quite clear that at that point of time, I was not a support as I have today from RTI-TIMES List, which circulated worldwide, as such I have no plan to sit for Fast.

      Therefore, my humble request that this Petition should be signed maximum number of the people. You also request your Freinds to use Chain-Email messaging system to request to sign the Petition.

      Milap Choraria

      TRUTH SHALL ALWAYS PREVAIL
      Milap Choraria
      Editor: Suchna Ka Adhikar / RTI TIMES
      National Convenor :
      Movement for Accountability to Public (MAP)
      http://milapchoraria.tripod.com/msp http://rtitimes.net