Fw: Renowned Advocate Firm is suffering from ‘Un-availability of Counsels” leadings to their Multinational Clients.

  • Milap Choraria
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2008

      Renowned Advocate Firm is suffering from ‘Un-availability of Counsels” leadings to their Multinational Clients.

      M/S. Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co., is a renowned firm of Advocates and Solicitors, and filed Civil Writ Petition No. 6094 of 2007 against Central Information Commission and others including me (Milap Choraria), on behalf of their Multinational clients M/s. J P Morgan India P. Ltd., Mumbai, interalia claiming that the Petitioner have proprietary rights over the Valuation Report of Centaur Airport Hotel (the then owned and controlled by an undertaking of Government of India) prepared by them as Global Adviser for disinvestment of various properties of Hotel Corporation of India Limited, and Government of India undertaking .

      In fact on my application, by Order dated 31st July, 2007, the Hon’ble Information Commissioner Shri O P Kejriwal, in Case No. CIC/OK/A/2006/00164 directed to the Ministry of Civil Aviation to disclose the entire (Valuation) report to me by 20th August, 2007.

      Thereafter M/S. Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co., represented by Mr. Shardul S. Shroff and Ms. Pallavi S. Shroff moved the aforesaid Writ Petition on behalf of their aforesaid Multinational Clients M/s. J P Morgan India P. Ltd., and obtained Ex-Party Ad-interim Order. I filed my respective objections and also filed appropriate documents against their aforesaid claims.

      In the aforesaid matter, from the least last two dates i.e. 7th August, 2008 and 10th December, 2008, they obtained adjournments on the alleged grounds of “UN-AVAILABILITY of the Counsel leading to the Petitioner.”

      I want to put for the knowledge of the general public that according to USA Media Reports, ‘JP Morgan Chase’, the parent Company of the above named Petitioner, ‘brought down’ the Lehman Brothers, and was also questioned by USA Senate Energy Subcommittee on Oil Bets, which were as we understood  (if I am not wrong), was starting point of the collapsing of world wide Share Markets including Wall Street and other Stock Exchanges under the impact of the USA recession.

      Now I want to know that whether aforesaid attitude of the aforesaid Renowned Advocates Firm claiming “UN-AVAILABILITY of the Counsel leading to the Petitioner” are professional misconduct or not?

      Milap Choraria

      TRUTH SHALL ALWAYS PREVAIL
      Milap Choraria
      Editor: Suchna Ka Adhikar / RTI TIMES
      National Convenor :
      Movement for Accountability to Public (MAP)
      http://milapchoraria.tripod.com/msp http://rtitimes.net