21Fw: Recommendation of the CIC Convention
- Dec 3, 2008--- On Tue, 12/2/08, Milap Choraria <milap_choraria@...> wrote:
From: Milap Choraria <milap_choraria@...>
Subject: Recommendation of the CIC Convention
Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 3:06 PM
--- On Tue, 12/2/08, wajahat <whabibullah@...> wrote:
From: wajahat whabibullah@... (Chief Information Commissioner, CIC)
Subject: Re: Recommendation of the Convention
To: "pankaj pandey" <shreyaskarps@...>
Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 1:25 PMHere they are as revised. Let me have the deatails
----- Original Message -----
From: pankaj pandey <shreyaskarps@...>
Date: Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:24 pm
Subject: Recommendation of the Convention
To: wajahat habibullah whabibullah@...Sir
I have prepared the Report of the deliberations for all technical sessions. This runs in 20 pages. However, the recommendations of each of technical sessions are not relevant for the Government. Nevertheless, after going through the record of deliberations of all the sessions one page recommendation that may be sent to the Government is enclosed herewith. For approval/alterations please. The detailed report of each of the session is being submitted to your kindself on file.
RegardsPANKAJ K P SHREYASKAR,ISSDeputy Secretary & Joint registrarCentral Information CommissionIInd Floor, August Kranti BhawanBhikaji Cama PlaceNew Delhi-110066Telefax 011-26717354(O)
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD ANNUAL CONVENTION
CONCLUDED DURING 3-4 TH NOVEMBER, 2008
Two day Annual Convention recommended the following points to appropriate Governments.
1. Govt of India consider setting up an Advisory Council in the DoPT to advise on the evolution of effective implementation of RTI across the country
2. The appropriate Government consider strengthening the Information Commissions not only in respect of adequate budgetary support but also in respect of personnel so that they may dispose of the pending cases within stipulated time frames.
3. The appropriate Government consider creating adequate infrastructure for the Information Commissions.
4. The appropriate Government should make adequate budgetary provisions for developing and implementation of public awareness programmes on RTI Act.
5. The appropriate Government must enforce the full implementation of provisions of section 4 including maintaining and cataloguing of records by the Public Authorities. It should also ensure that public authorities must publish and place on their websites all relevant facts while formulating important policies or announcing the decisions, which affect public.
6. The appropriate governments must integrate RTI with all flagship programmes, as has been initiated with NREGA so that the monitoring mechanism of the programmes becomes more efficient and also that the public has minimum resort to use of the RTI Act to obtain information in respect of a particular flagship programme of the Government.
7. All State Governments work with Ministry of Panchayati Raj to ensure staffing all panchayats with responsible PIOs
8. All Departments both at the Central and State levels work on restructuring established work processes to make these compatible with RTI.
9. An institutional framework be developed for SAARC countries to coordinate implementation of RTITRUTH SHALL ALWAYS PREVAIL
Milap Choraria Editor: Suchna Ka Adhikar / RTI TIMES
National Convenor : Movement for Accountability to Public (MAP)