Re: Low cost computing !

  • Khan Md Ashraf
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 29, 2005
      Welcome !
      The most prominent 'free' accounting software I've heard of is GnuCash.
      It is usually part of many mainstream distro's like RedHat, Mandrake,
      Fedora etc. Since I don't use it I cannot comment on it. You could
      perhaps develop your own accounting system using OpenOffice 2.0 for
      GNU/Linux which also includes 'Base' the database or you could connect
      it to a database like Mysql 5.0.
      About your query on vector graphic applications, 'Inkscape'
      http://www.inkscape.org/ is one another is
      'Sodipodi' http://www.sodipodi.com/ and everybody in the free software
      world are familiar with the 'Gimp'

      It sure is possible these days to live life without that other OS. I do !
      I run Mandrake 10.2 Firefox 1.5 is my web browser. Ymessenger 1.0.4
      for Unix and AMSN 0.95 (clone of MSN messenger) are my IM clients. I
      use XMMS (a Winamp clone) Totem Movie player, RealPlayer 10, Mplayer
      and Amarok for my audio/video requirements. Acrobat Reader 7.0 for my
      pdf's, OpenOffice 1.1.4 for creating documents, spreadsheets and
      presentations, GFtp for my ftp and ssh requirements. And I can assure
      you that I do not have any trouble with what I use.

      About the simputer forum my view is that a superb product failed due
      to the domination of western technological/marketing prowess. The
      marketing might of the American, Japanese and Korean multinationals
      tends to sweep away competing products from less developed countries.
      (somebody mentioned the iPaq running Familiar) I would have liked the
      Simputer to first have been marketed as an urban 'must have' product.
      Something like the iPod. But what does the iPod do, only play music
      and now movies. But the Simputer is capable of much more
      (multifunctional like a PC) and the additional benefit is GNU/Linux.
      It can be tailored to specific uses. Once it was established as a
      mainstream product then the ideals behind it could have been
      implemented with the money made thus.

      Ashraf
    • sasidhar k
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 9, 2006
        Dear friend,
        Can we develop Simputer equipped with GSM Mobile Phone access. It will be a
        full fledged communicator if Simputer having phone facility.
        Please comment in this regard.

        sasidhar

      • easlab@absamail.co.za
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 16, 2006
          sasidhar k wrote:
          > Can we develop Simputer equipped with GSM Mobile Phone access.
          > It will be a full fledged communicator if Simputer having phone facility.
          > Please comment in this regard.

          That would be a killer application !!
          All this talk about what costs less and what goes faster is irrelevant
          chatter from the urban yuppies.

          The starting point about the simputer is that it must operate without
          being connected to the mains-electricity-supply.

          Connectivety is the second half which is still problematic to unlock
          the power of computing. Moving plug-in-memory-cards by
          bicycle/bus/post is possible, but GSM Mobile Phone would be great.

          Then it even becomes a suitable toy for the urban yuppie market.

          I want one/some !

          == Chris Glur.
        • Ephraim Aneto
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 17, 2006
            o yea. It is good. to develop simputer with GSM mobile phone access. But the problem is that I have seen this simputer used it and appreciates how it works.

            i have only seen the picture on the web, and from my understanding have been able to deduce its working principle.

            So, if you can develop your idea about it ploease do.

            Most importantly, i will love to purchase one of these simputer. How do i get it please?

            Aneto Ephraim

            sasidhar k <sasidharkvl@...> wrote:
            Dear friend,
            Can we develop Simputer equipped with GSM Mobile Phone access. It will be a
            full fledged communicator if Simputer having phone facility.
            Please comment in this regard.

            sasidhar

          • Shashank Garg
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 18, 2006
              As one of the original co-developers of the Simputer mobile device, I
              can assure you that it is now possible to incorporate the GSM phone
              within the Simputer though it was difficult to do so at the time of its
              initial development.
              However, this would have an adverse impact on the cost of the device as
              the cost of GSM modules is still quite high. Instead, we have a USB Host
              port which could be used to connect a low cost USB-enabled GSM phone to
              the Simputer and use that as a means of long distance communication.

              It is better to offer multi-purpose interfaces, such as the USB Host
              port, to cater for a wider range of peripherals being connected to the
              Simputer.

              We at Encore have recently developed a higher functionality wireless
              tablet, under the Mobilis brand, which encapsulates the basic Simputer
              philosophy into its design and offers many more features. One such
              feature is a GSM module as a user option.

              Shashank Garg
              Encore Software Limited, Bangalore

              Ephraim Aneto wrote:
              > o yea. It is good. to develop simputer with GSM mobile phone access. But the problem is that I have seen this simputer used it and appreciates how it works.
              >
              > i have only seen the picture on the web, and from my understanding have been able to deduce its working principle.
              >
              > So, if you can develop your idea about it ploease do.
              >
              > Most importantly, i will love to purchase one of these simputer. How do i get it please?
              >
              > Aneto Ephraim
              >
              > sasidhar k <sasidharkvl@...> wrote:
              > Dear friend,
              > Can we develop Simputer equipped with GSM Mobile Phone access. It will be a
              > full fledged communicator if Simputer having phone facility.
              > Please comment in this regard.
              >
              > sasidhar
            • Franklin Paul
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 18, 2006
                It is indeed a good idea to incorporate GSM (And posibbly even UMTS at a
                later stage)
                into Simputer vis USB. However my concern is that the "Form Facotor" of this
                composite "Simputer-Phone" may becom unvieldy and so users many not favour
                using this as a phone on a regular basis unless of course somebody can come
                up with a very
                compact "USB-GSM" Phone module which should be very compact in itself and
                possible could
                look like a "broad" antenna so that the overall device does not look (and
                feel) ugly.

                Also I would like to know if it is possible for us to attach a GPS module
                to SIMPUTER via
                USB and then use it as a navigational rquipment?

                Best Regards,
                Franklin Paul

                > As one of the original co-developers of the Simputer mobile device, I
                > can assure you that it is now possible to incorporate the GSM phone
                > within the Simputer though it was difficult to do so at the time of its
                > initial development.
                > However, this would have an adverse impact on the cost of the device as
                > the cost of GSM modules is still quite high. Instead, we have a USB Host
                > port which could be used to connect a low cost USB-enabled GSM phone to
                > the Simputer and use that as a means of long distance communication.
                >
                > It is better to offer multi-purpose interfaces, such as the USB Host
                > port, to cater for a wider range of peripherals being connected to the
                > Simputer.
                >
                > We at Encore have recently developed a higher functionality wireless
                > tablet, under the Mobilis brand, which encapsulates the basic Simputer
                > philosophy into its design and offers many more features. One such
                > feature is a GSM module as a user option.
                >
                > Shashank Garg
                > Encore Software Limited, Bangalore
                >
                > Ephraim Aneto wrote:
                > > o yea. It is good. to develop simputer with GSM mobile phone access. But
                the problem is that I have seen this simputer used it and appreciates how it
                works.

                > > i have only seen the picture on the web, and from my understanding
                have been able to deduce its working principle.

                > > So, if you can develop your idea about it ploease do.
                > >
                > > Most importantly, i will love to purchase one of these simputer. How
                do i get it please?

                > > Aneto Ephraim
                > >
                > > sasidhar k <sasidharkvl@...> wrote:
                > > Dear friend,
                > > Can we develop Simputer equipped with GSM Mobile Phone access. It will
                be a
                > > full fledged communicator if Simputer having phone facility.
                > > Please comment in this regard.
                > >
                > > sasidhar
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Soumyanath Chatterjee
                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 19, 2006
                  Shashank Garg wrote on 19-01-2006 10:45:59 AM:
                  <--snip-->
                  > However, this would have an adverse impact on the cost of the device as
                  > the cost of GSM modules is still quite high. Instead, we have a USB Host

                  > port which could be used to connect a low cost USB-enabled GSM phone to
                  > the Simputer and use that as a means of long distance communication.
                  >
                  > It is better to offer multi-purpose interfaces, such as the USB Host
                  > port, to cater for a wider range of peripherals being connected to the
                  > Simputer.

                  Your idea of providing USB port is absolutely on the dot. One can easily
                  connect GSM/CDMA mobile phones with the device and enjoy internet
                  connectivity while on the move. Personally, I find the option to be better
                  - it is very frustrating to retrieve some information stored in phone,
                  while you are talking on it. Two device solves such problem.

                  However, there is a practical difficulty. The phones available on market
                  uses proprietary software to connect to net. Not all of them has drivers
                  for Linux. If the developers of simputer can publish instructions on how
                  to set up popular phones with simputer, this will go a long way towards,
                  enhancing usability and value of simputer.
                  --
                  Regards

                  Soumya

                • essedishop Computerworld
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 19, 2006
                    Hello Shashank Garg,
                    It's nice to read your contributions especially as one of the original developers of simputer. I understand that the simputer as developed is equiped with smartcard reader. This is in fact interesting because it could function as a home ATM but can also be adopted as a pre-payment metering system with apropriate softwares for use in developing countries where people are reluctant to pay bills. I am interested in this aspect and I would like to know how I can qualify as a distributor of simputer in developing countries.
                    Thank you

                    Ephraim Aneto wrote:
                    > o yea. It is good. to develop simputer with GSM mobile phone access. But the problem is that I have seen this simputer used it and appreciates how it works.
                    >
                    > i have only seen the picture on the web, and from my understanding have been able to deduce its working principle.
                    >
                    > So, if you can develop your idea about it ploease do.
                    >
                    > Most importantly, i will love to purchase one of these simputer. How do i get it please?
                    >
                    > Aneto Ephraim
                    >
                    > sasidhar k <sasidharkvl@...> wrote:
                    > Dear friend,
                    > Can we develop Simputer equipped with GSM Mobile Phone access. It will be a
                    > full fledged communicator if Simputer having phone facility.
                    > Please comment in this regard.
                    >
                    > sasidhar
                    Prof. (Engr.) Felix Chinedum Anyaegbunam
                    Director General, Computer World_Essedi Shop Rome - Italy
                    President, African Trumpet International Organisation
                    Tel: +39 06 27801502, Fax: +39 0645439158 Cel: +39 3930401672
                    Via Conte di Carmagnola 10, I-00176 Rome, Italy
                    Email: chinelix@..., computerworld_essedishop@...
                    website: www.essedi.it
                  • easlab@absamail.co.za
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 19, 2006
                      Shashank Garg wrote:
                      > As one of the original co-developers of the Simputer mobile device, I
                      > can assure you that it is now possible to incorporate the GSM phone
                      > within the Simputer though it was difficult to do so at the time of its
                      > initial development.
                      > However, this would have an adverse impact on the cost of the device as
                      > the cost of GSM modules is still quite high. Instead, we have a USB Host
                      > port which could be used to connect a low cost USB-enabled GSM phone to
                      > the Simputer and use that as a means of long distance communication.
                      >
                      > It is better to offer multi-purpose interfaces, such as the USB Host
                      > port, to cater for a wider range of peripherals being connected to the
                      > Simputer.
                      >
                      > We at Encore have recently developed a higher functionality wireless
                      > tablet, under the Mobilis brand, which encapsulates the basic Simputer
                      > philosophy into its design and offers many more features. One such
                      > feature is a GSM module as a user option.
                      >
                      > Shashank Garg
                      > Encore Software Limited, Bangalore

                      Yes I agree, it's best to remain modular.
                      Incorporating GSM facilities distorts the simputers basic concept.
                      Fetching the data [possibly by GSM] is only a small part of the job.
                      Of more value are mundane [rather than gee-wizz] facilities, like
                      the battery of cells should be 'off the shelf obtainable'. I've got
                      a digital voice recorder which I use daily [vs. just a gimik-toy] and
                      the fact that it runs on rechargeable AA-cells is vital.

                      I can't find out which available GSM-mobiles [without camera]
                      can cable-connect to PCs.

                      It seems that USB has finally 'arrived'?
                      And perhaps also makes the simputers flash-card obsolete ?
                      The rapid obsolecence of the various flash-card formats is problematic.
                      I hate the implication that I must replace my PCs and note-book
                      which don't have USB.

                      == Chris Glur

                      === original per M$ format ??

                      > sasidhar k <sasidharkvl@...> wrote:
                      > Dear friend,
                      > Can we develop Simputer equipped with GSM Mobile Phone access.
                      > It will be a
                      > full fledged communicator if Simputer having phone facility.
                      > Please comment in this regard.
                      >
                      > sasidhar
                    • neera jeyamohan
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 19, 2006
                        Hi friends
                        when we change the simputer into full fledged mobile phone is it possible to add it as digital camera facility.so that it will be the all in one device.and i also wanna kw watv type of modem is used in simputer
                        Neera
                      • Shashank Garg
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 19, 2006
                          It is possible to attach GPS to a Simputer via USB and use it with some
                          open-source navigation software. In fact, we already have customized
                          devices which incorporate GPS within the box.

                          Regards,
                          Shashank Garg

                          Franklin Paul wrote:
                          > It is indeed a good idea to incorporate GSM (And posibbly even UMTS at a
                          > later stage)
                          > into Simputer vis USB. However my concern is that the "Form Facotor" of this
                          > composite "Simputer-Phone" may becom unvieldy and so users many not favour
                          > using this as a phone on a regular basis unless of course somebody can come
                          > up with a very
                          > compact "USB-GSM" Phone module which should be very compact in itself and
                          > possible could
                          > look like a "broad" antenna so that the overall device does not look (and
                          > feel) ugly....
                        • Franklin Paul
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jan 19, 2006
                            Could you guilde me as to how to obtain a Simputer Device with the GPS
                            incorporated within thebox.
                            And also what is the "open-source" (I assume linux based) navigation
                            software that you are
                            using for this? And also I would like to know whether this can be using in
                            Inidan Cities
                            scuh a Bangalroe etc ( I mean whether the GPS data such as maps etc for
                            Indian cities are
                            available etc.)

                            Best Regards,
                            Franklin Paul

                            > It is possible to attach GPS to a Simputer via USB and use it with some
                            > open-source navigation software. In fact, we already have customized
                            > devices which incorporate GPS within the box.
                            >
                            > Regards,
                            > Shashank Garg
                            >
                            > Franklin Paul wrote:
                            > > It is indeed a good idea to incorporate GSM (And posibbly even UMTS at a
                            > > later stage)
                            > > into Simputer vis USB. However my concern is that the "Form Facotor" of
                            this
                            > > composite "Simputer-Phone" may becom unvieldy and so users many not
                            favour
                            > > using this as a phone on a regular basis unless of course somebody can
                            come
                            > > up with a very
                            > > compact "USB-GSM" Phone module which should be very compact in itself
                            and
                            > > possible could
                            > > look like a "broad" antenna so that the overall device does not look
                            (and
                            > > feel) ugly....
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Shashank Garg
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 20, 2006
                              You could use gpsdrive (please see http://gpsdrive.kraftvoll.at/).

                              The source is available on the gpsdrive web-site and you will have to
                              compile it yourself. I am not sure if Indian cities have maps in the
                              format that this software requires. However, you could always scan paper
                              maps and import them as gif or jpeg images into gpsdrive, provide
                              geo-reference coordinates and use the maps.

                              There are other open-source initiatives such as "GRASS" which are more
                              complex to port but provide much more functionality. A version should be
                              available for navigation purposes. Check out http://grass.itc.it/ for GRASS.

                              The Simputer device that we have developed for GPS within the box is not
                              commercially available as it was done for a specific customer.

                              Regards,
                              Shashank Garg

                              Franklin Paul wrote:
                              > Could you guilde me as to how to obtain a Simputer Device with the GPS
                              > incorporated within thebox.
                              > And also what is the "open-source" (I assume linux based) navigation
                              > software that you are
                              > using for this? And also I would like to know whether this can be using in
                              > Inidan Cities
                              > scuh a Bangalroe etc ( I mean whether the GPS data such as maps etc for
                              > Indian cities are
                              > available etc.)
                              >
                              > Best Regards,
                              > Franklin Paul...
                            • Shashank Garg
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jan 20, 2006
                                Thanks for your email. I shall forward your email to our Business
                                Development Team who can answer your questions about commercial
                                requirements. Pre-payment systems for utilities are well within the
                                capabilities of the device.

                                Regards,
                                Shashank Garg

                              • easlab@absamail.co.za
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 20, 2006

                                  Neera wrote:
                                  ] when we change the simputer into full fledged mobile phone is it
                                  ] possible to add it as digital camera facility.so that it will be the all in
                                  ] one device.and i also wanna kw watv type of modem is used in simputer

                                  Yes a computer can do anything - including peeling bananas.
                                  But remember simputer means SIMPLE-computer.
                                  So adding camera facilities would be a BAD move.

                                  }
                                  }However, there is a practical difficulty. The phones available on market
                                  }uses proprietary software to connect to net. Not all of them has drivers
                                  }for Linux. If the developers of simputer can publish instructions on how
                                  }to set up popular phones with simputer, this will go a long way towards,
                                  }enhancing usability and value of simputer.

                                  Yes, but how do you define 'popular phones' ?
                                  The chaotic market is moving so fast.
                                  When I started looking for exactly such software, many NewsGroups
                                  where talking about 'trying to get USB working'. Now it works for
                                  W98se & linux [but still not for my main OS: Oberon S3].
                                  Back then I was thinking of using the RS232 port.
                                  Now that seems redundant ?
                                  How do you feel about stuff which you've bought and invested
                                  learning time with, needing to be discarded ?

                                  I can share my accumulated documentation and URLs re. mobile-GSM
                                  connectivety, via this forum.

                                  The 9600 Bd speed is IMO ample.
                                  You don't need ever increasing speed.
                                  A better approach is to avoid the bloat - ie. garbage like camera/video.
                                  My first Slakware installation 10 years ago was/is better than the newer
                                  Fedora which I recently installed [only because the 2 CDs were in the
                                  library book]. If we wanted stuff which apes Micro$loth we could
                                  just buy Micro$loth.

                                  == Chris Glur

                                  Software gets slower, faster than hardware gets faster !
                                • Guido Sohne
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 20, 2006
                                    What about Bluetooth? Won't that enable both GPRS and CDMA via
                                    external mobile phone (thus still keeping Simputer modular)? Hardware
                                    module costs for Bluetooth/GPRS/CDMA I haven't the faintest clue, so
                                    please educate me!

                                    USB will work, yes, but methinks Bluetooth is more suitable for such
                                    and doesn't need no stinkin' wires :-) and having to purchase
                                    overpriced cables. Works right out of the box with the right
                                    software. Also allows you to use external headset for voice. Leverage
                                    the mobile phones all the way.

                                    -- G.

                                    On Jan 19, 2006, at 5:15 AM, Shashank Garg wrote:

                                    > As one of the original co-developers of the Simputer mobile device, I
                                    > can assure you that it is now possible to incorporate the GSM phone
                                    > within the Simputer though it was difficult to do so at the time of
                                    > its
                                    > initial development.
                                    > However, this would have an adverse impact on the cost of the
                                    > device as
                                    > the cost of GSM modules is still quite high. Instead, we have a USB
                                    > Host
                                    > port which could be used to connect a low cost USB-enabled GSM
                                    > phone to
                                    > the Simputer and use that as a means of long distance communication.
                                    >
                                    > It is better to offer multi-purpose interfaces, such as the USB Host
                                    > port, to cater for a wider range of peripherals being connected to the
                                    > Simputer.
                                    >
                                    > We at Encore have recently developed a higher functionality wireless
                                    > tablet, under the Mobilis brand, which encapsulates the basic Simputer
                                    > philosophy into its design and offers many more features. One such
                                    > feature is a GSM module as a user option.
                                    >
                                    > Shashank Garg
                                    > Encore Software Limited, Bangalore
                                    >
                                    > Ephraim Aneto wrote:
                                    >> o yea. It is good. to develop simputer with GSM mobile phone
                                    >> access. But the problem is that I have seen this simputer used it
                                    >> and appreciates how it works.
                                    >>
                                    >> i have only seen the picture on the web, and from my
                                    >> understanding have been able to deduce its working principle.
                                    >>
                                    >> So, if you can develop your idea about it ploease do.
                                    >>
                                    >> Most importantly, i will love to purchase one of these simputer.
                                    >> How do i get it please?
                                    >>
                                    >> Aneto Ephraim
                                    >>
                                    >> sasidhar k <sasidharkvl@...> wrote:
                                    >> Dear friend,
                                    >> Can we develop Simputer equipped with GSM Mobile Phone access. It
                                    >> will be a
                                    >> full fledged communicator if Simputer having phone facility.
                                    >> Please comment in this regard.
                                    >>
                                    >> sasidhar
                                    >

                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • Shashank Garg
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jan 22, 2006
                                      Bluetooth would have been a great addition to the Simputer platform.
                                      Unfortunately, at the time that we designed the base platform, BT was
                                      just about putting in an appearance and costs were still quite
                                      unacceptable. However, BT can now be integrated at relatively low cost
                                      and would be an attractive feature to have. We might do so on our
                                      commercial Simputer platform in the near future if the market demands it.

                                      Shashank Garg

                                    • Anand Sridhar
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jan 22, 2006
                                        Hi,
                                        I am planning to interace a RFID read/write device with Simputer. Has any one tried doing such a thing.?? any info on this would be great..!!

                                        Anand

                                        Guido Sohne <guido@...> wrote: What about Bluetooth? Won't that enable both GPRS and CDMA via

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jan 22, 2006
                                          > Shashank Garg wrote:
                                          > Yes, but how do you define 'popular phones' ?
                                          > The chaotic market is moving so fast.
                                          > When I started looking for exactly such software, many NewsGroups
                                          > where talking about 'trying to get USB working'. Now it works for
                                          > W98se & linux [but still not for my main OS: Oberon S3].
                                          > Back then I was thinking of using the RS232 port.
                                          > Now that seems redundant ?
                                          > How do you feel about stuff which you've bought and invested
                                          > learning time with, needing to be discarded ?
                                          >
                                          > I can share my accumulated documentation and URLs re. mobile-GSM
                                          > connectivety, via this forum.

                                          I understand, popular is a ever changing spec. Since you have accumulated
                                          some documentation, it will be better to put it in some website as FAQ.

                                          > The 9600 Bd speed is IMO ample.
                                          > You don't need ever increasing speed.
                                          > A better approach is to avoid the bloat - ie. garbage like camera/video.
                                          > My first Slakware installation 10 years ago was/is better than the newer
                                          > Fedora which I recently installed [only because the 2 CDs were in the
                                          > library book]. If we wanted stuff which apes Micro$loth we could
                                          > just buy Micro$loth.

                                          I second your concept. When I want to communicate, I want a phone. When I
                                          need to take a pic, rather go for a SLR than a mobile phone costlier than
                                          an SLR. An USB is a good choice as one could use it for almost all
                                          peripheral - camera, bluetooth, printer, etc.

                                          But plug-n-play for USB is still an illusion. Most USB device still needs
                                          a driver to be installed. And those driver are generally not available for
                                          Linux. So we need to have good documentation to use these devices for
                                          Linux/simputer.

                                          --
                                          Regards

                                          Soumya

                                        • Franklin Paul
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jan 23, 2006
                                            Is it possible to obtain a SIMPUTER with GPS within the box?
                                            Would liket to play around with the GPS software on this if this is
                                            available.

                                            Regards,
                                            Franklin Paul

                                            > The source is available on the gpsdrive web-site and you will have to
                                            > compile it yourself. I am not sure if Indian cities have maps in the
                                            > format that this software requires. However, you could always scan paper
                                            > maps and import them as gif or jpeg images into gpsdrive, provide
                                            > geo-reference coordinates and use the maps.
                                            >
                                            > There are other open-source initiatives such as "GRASS" which are more
                                            > complex to port but provide much more functionality. A version should be
                                            > available for navigation purposes. Check out http://grass.itc.it/ for
                                            GRASS.

                                            > The Simputer device that we have developed for GPS within the box is not
                                            > commercially available as it was done for a specific customer.
                                            >
                                            > Regards,
                                            > Shashank Garg
                                            >
                                            > Franklin Paul wrote:
                                            > > Could you guilde me as to how to obtain a Simputer Device with the GPS
                                            > > incorporated within thebox.
                                            > > And also what is the "open-source" (I assume linux based) navigation
                                            > > software that you are
                                            > > using for this? And also I would like to know whether this can be using
                                            in
                                            > > Inidan Cities
                                            > > scuh a Bangalroe etc ( I mean whether the GPS data such as maps etc for
                                            > > Indian cities are
                                            > > available etc.)
                                            > >
                                            > > Best Regards,
                                            > > Franklin Paul...