Re: [simputer] doubt. reg //////////////////////. Cross compiling TCL/TK for Simputer

  • Vivek K S
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11 10:15 PM
      Hi,

      The PicoPeta Simputer always ha Tcl/Tk. I do not know about whether
      the Encore Simputer has Tcl/Tk by default.

      Regards,
      Vivek

      On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 08:26:42PM -0700, thus spoke Sharat Visweswara :

      >Doesn't the Simputer already have Tcl/Tk installed on it? The last
      >time I used a PicoPeta Simputer, it did, but that was more than a year
      >ago, so I might be wrong now...
      >- Sharat
      >

      >On Apr 10, 2005 5:09 AM, gowri nil <sofiagowri_2003@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hello everybody,
      >>
      >> We have developed a Multimedia Package for Simputer in TCL/TK. And now we want to make it run in Simputer.
      >>
      >> To make the package run in Simputer we need to crosscompile the TCL/TK libraries. We know the way to transfer files from Pc to Simputer.We are also able to crosscompile the TCL library files using the arm-linux-gcc crosscompiler.But while crosscompiling TK libraries we get some errors (regarding X-window Functions ) as mentioned below.
      >>
      >> like :
      >> /usr/tk8.3.4/unix/libtk8.3.so: undefined reference to `XGetModifierMapping'
      >>
      >> We get errors like above for all the X-Window functions while using the cross compiler arm-linux-gcc in arm-linux-cross.tar.bz2
      >>
      >> We get the following error while cross compiling using the arm-linux-gcc in arm-linux-cross-3.0.tar.bz2 and cross-3.0.tar.bz2
      >>
      >> /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
      >> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      >> make: *** [libtk8.3.so] Error 1
      >>
      >> Could anyone help Us.. to complete our project . Please reply as soon as possible.
      >>
      >> Awaiting for reply..,
      >>
      >> S.Gowri
      >> V.Manjulaa
      >> M.Santhy
      >>
      >> Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partneronline.

      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>

      >--
      >Sharat Visweswara

      Vivek K S (ksvivek@...), Fellow,
      PicoPeta Simputers Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, India
      http://www.picopeta.com Ph: +91-80-23618184, +91-80-23618185