Re: [simputer] think tank anyone?

  • Jennifer Woodward
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi Ed,

      I haven't been keeping up w/ the Simputer list as I should. Busy...
      However, I saw your most recent posts and was reminded I should
      send you a request.

      My bus. associate Stan Osborne, VP ana-systems (ana.com), and I
      are very likely to be invited back to Peru this April and again Jan 05.
      More lecture tours may follow. THIS time I have 1+ month to
      prepare better lecture slides and other material.

      It occurred to me that once I've officially setup WebLearningTools.org
      as a non-profit research org, 501-C3, I could ask for in-kind donations,
      evaluation / examination copies of "stuff". I am wondering if at least
      one "most recent" version of the Simputer (wireless) + most or all the ed.
      software might be made available to me? Do you have or know
      where to get quickly such hw/sw at least for evaluation?

      Ideally, I'd like to at least pour over a most recent machine for hours
      to see what's new, what the hw/sw development trends are. Given the
      coming April lecutres, I'd like to do so this March. But if not, perhaps
      literature would suffice. I'd like to report in at least one lecture what
      progress is happening w/ tablets and PDAs, especially the Simputer.

      Any suggestions you have in these regards would be very much appreciated.

      Jennifer Woodward, MA
      founder/PI WebLearningTools
      (really dba...)
    • Edward Cherlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
        I am copying this to a public mailing list on creating a global
        development plan, sponsored by Encore's partner, the oneVillage
        Foundation. You can take a look at our archive at Yahoo Groups,
        and join the group if you like. We have experts in many of the
        areas of development needed, and we are recruiting more.
        Naturally, we are always looking for projects also. We would be
        delighted to provide information for your presentations, and to
        find out what people have in mind for development in Peru.

        You can also look at my Weblog and at the Simputer White Paper
        which is accessible from there. I can provide a presentation
        that you would be welcome to draw from.

        On Monday 01 March 2004 09:35, Jennifer Woodward wrote:
        > Hi Ed,
        >
        > I haven't been keeping up w/ the Simputer list as I should.
        > Busy... However, I saw your most recent posts and was reminded
        > I should send you a request.
        >
        > My bus. associate Stan Osborne, VP ana-systems (ana.com), and
        > I are very likely to be invited back to Peru this April and
        > again Jan 05. More lecture tours may follow. THIS time I have
        > 1+ month to prepare better lecture slides and other material.
        >
        > It occurred to me that once I've officially setup
        > WebLearningTools.org as a non-profit research org, 501-C3, I
        > could ask for in-kind donations, evaluation / examination
        > copies of "stuff". I am wondering if at least one "most
        > recent" version of the Simputer (wireless) + most or all the
        > ed. software might be made available to me? Do you have or
        > know where to get quickly such hw/sw at least for evaluation?

        Until Encore is better funded, we have no evaluation or review
        units to lend out. If you can get to the Bay Area or to India or
        Singapore, we can arrange a demonstration.

        > Ideally, I'd like to at least pour over a most recent machine
        > for hours to see what's new, what the hw/sw development trends
        > are. Given the coming April lecutres, I'd like to do so this
        > March. But if not, perhaps literature would suffice. I'd
        > like to report in at least one lecture what progress is
        > happening w/ tablets and PDAs, especially the Simputer.
        >
        > Any suggestions you have in these regards would be very much
        > appreciated.
        >
        > Jennifer Woodward, MA
        > founder/PI WebLearningTools
        > (really dba...)