Indian languages - codes - compatibility

  • Hariram Pansari
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      Simputer is indian lanugages enabled. I have some qestions regarding
      this.

      Whether it uses the Unicode ver3.2 for data/text storage?
      But Unicode being only system-codes, what Fonts and IME it uses for
      display and printing? Whether these are Open Type Fonts or older TTF
      type fonts?

      How Indian lanugages keyboarding is being inputed with TAPATAP?
      Whether the data/text stored in simputer in Indian Languages could be
      transfered/converted/exported to IBM-PCs OSs like Windows, DOS &
      others in there TTF and other fonts? Whether other PCs Indian
      Language data could be imported/converted to simputer?

      Linux being open source, whether the Indian Language Input Method
      could be edited, modified and developed further by the user?

      Whether the Anusarak (translation between Indian languages) and ISCII
      transliteration among them also could be used in simputer?

      What word processor it uses for Indian Languages? Whether it has
      Spell Check, translation dictionaries also?

      Regards.

      Hariram