Generating high-quality ps files

  • davidlbryce
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2002
      Hi All,

      When I view an experimental and simulated spectrum in Simplot, and I
      print to a ps file, the lines which make up the spectra always come
      up very thin and faint, in part due to the fact that some of the
      spectra are in colour in Simplot. This may be a trivial question
      related to ps files rather than directly to Simpson, but how do I
      make the lines thicker?

      Thanks
      Dave Bryce
    • Thomas Vosegaard
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2002
        Hi Dave,

        At present SIMPLOT doesn't have the option to change the output line width.
        If you want to do this, you can edit the postscript file (which is just a text file)
        and change the line contaning the command (line 28 in the simplot generated
        postscript files)

        5 setlinewidth

        to e.g.,

        15 setlinewidth

        This will do the job.

        Thomas

        davidlbryce wrote:
        Hi All,

        When I view an experimental and simulated spectrum in Simplot, and I
        print to a ps file, the lines which make up the spectra always come
        up very thin and faint, in part due to the fact that some of the
        spectra are in colour in Simplot.  This may be a trivial question
        related to ps files rather than directly to Simpson, but how do I
        make the lines thicker?

        Thanks
        Dave Bryce

          Thomas Vosegaard

          Laboratory for Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy
          Department of Molecular and Structural Biology
          University of Aarhus
          Denmark
          E-mail: tv@...     http://nmr.imsb.au.dk/tv
          Tel: +45 8942 3873        Fax: +45 8619 6199